Princesses Don't Cry

Cleo wasn't sure what to do at this point in time. She was currently up in her bedroom, staring a photo of her parents. They had died so early in her life, making her uncle her legal parnet, but even at age 25, he wouldn't let her have any more freedom than an 8 year old. And she was sick of it. She fell backward on her bed, and closed her eyes. 

"You know Cleo." Her eyes snapped open to see Fotiá standing there, "As the future queen, shouldn't you be leading the people of the Zombie Kingdom?" "I'm not. At least not anymore." "Then why are you still there?" "Because of my uncle." 

Fotiá laughed, before singing, "Boys, they're handsome and strong, but always the first to tell you your wrong. Boys try to tame you, I know, they tell you you're weird and won't let it go." Cleo looked away from the fire spirit. 

"No, you're fine, you're lying on the floor again. Cracked door, you always wanna let him in. Even after all of this shit, you're resilient." 

"'Cause a princess doesn't cry." Cleo looked him in shock. "(no-oh)A princess doesn't cry (no-oh, oh)Over monsters in the night. Don't waste our precious time. On boys with pretty eyes." That was the only rule that her uncle ever really in forced, no crying. "A princess doesn't cry (no-oh)A princess doesn't cry (no-oh, oh). Burning like a fire. You feel it all inside. But wipe your teary eyes 'cause princesses don't cry! Don't cry, don't cry, oh! Don't cry! Don't cry, oh! Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, oh !'Cause princesses don't cry." Cleo slightly mad, but not her uncle, at herself. She hadn't really cried in years. 

"Girls, so pretty and poised and soft to the touch, but God made you rough. Girls, so heavy the crown. They carry it tall, but it's weighing you down." 

"No, you're fine. You're lying on the floor again. Cracked door, you're only going to let him in once. And you won't come undone."

"'Cause a princess doesn't cry (no-oh)A princess doesn't cry (no-oh, oh)Over monsters in the night. Don't waste our precious time, on boys with pretty eyes. A princess doesn't cry (no-oh)A princess doesn't cry (no-oh, oh). Burning like a fire. You feel it all inside but wipe your teary eyes, 'cause princesses don't cry! Don't cry, don't cry, oh! Don't cry! Don't cry, oh! Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, oh! 'Cause princesses don't cry!" "I need to get out of this place, now." "The castle?" "Yes! I'm done being forced to live with him." 

Cleo's eyes opened. She ran out of her room, and to the open air bridge, and climbed up on top of the wall. "CLEO! GET DOWN!" Cleo saw her uncle and some the guards, she sang, "I'm fine, I won't waste my time! Keep it in a jar, gonna leave it for the next one! I'm fine, I won't waste my time! Keep it in a jar, gonna leave it for the next one! Yeah, I'm fine! I'm lying on the floor again!" Cleo felt tears slowing rolling down her face, as she launched herself from the wall, her fire magic forming wings on her back. 

"'Cause a princess doesn't cry (no-oh)A princess doesn't cry (no-oh, oh)! Over monsters in the night! Don't waste my precious time on boys with pretty eyes!A princess doesn't cry (no-oh)A princess doesn't cry (no-oh, oh)! Burning like a fire! I feel it all inside, but wipe my teary eyes 'cause princesses don't cry! Don't cry, don't cry, oh! Don't cry! Don't cry, oh! Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, oh! 'Cause princesses don't cry! Don't cry, don't cry, oh! Don't cry! Don't cry, oh! Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, oh! 'Cause princesses don't cry!" Cleo sang out as she flew toward the city, tears rolling down her face, but a smile grew on her face, she was so happy to be free. 

She landed in the woods, her wings fading from her back. She feel to the ground, sobbing tears of joy. Her eyes shut, and when she opened them, there was Fotiá smiling at her. "Nice job." Cleo beamed. A light appeared, it flew into her chest. "That fire light will save you in the future." 

___________

"Ninja, stop pacing." Evil X said. "Sorry, but I feel like something bad is gonna happen." "You've been acting like this since the cuff incident." Evil X said. "Oh go bug Worm Man." "I would if I knew where he is." 

A light growl enter the room. "Did you hear that?" "Sure did. I don't like it." "What is that?" 

2 screams echoed through the building.