High Hopes

"X, what are you doing?" Doc asked, as he leaned on the wall next to X's desk. "Ninja, Evil X, and Worm Man have all disappeared." "What? How?" "I have no idea. Right now I'm going through the Hangout Servers' code to see if there are any oddities. You know besides Ninja." Doc rolled his eyes. 

Zedaph: Has anyone seen Impulse or Tango? I can't find them.

"Hey X, I'm gonna go help Zed find Tango and Impulse." "All right." X said, not looking up. Doc rolled his eyes, before taking off. 

X heard a soft thud. "Back so soon?" X asked. He got a growl as a response. X turned and screamed. 

~Time skip~ 

Grian was pacing, Ren was panicing, Wels was trying to calm down Jevin, Cleo looked very confused, Zed was freaking out, Scar was trying to calm himself down, and Doc was hitting his head against a wall. "Doc, please stop." Wels said. "Sorry but I really am not okay with losing him again!" Doc snapped. "What are we gonna do?" Scar asked, "We have no idea where they are, who has them, or what they want!" "Does anyone know what that means?" Ren asked pointing at a ear in the sky. "That looks like the mark of the Listeners." Grian said. "Why would they be here?" "I have no idea. But we better find everyone else soon." 

It really didn't take long for them to find them. It was actually pretty easy to spot the black ball of energy with 18-20 black and blue creatures around it. "Hey Grian? How hard is it to get rid of those things?" "Very hard, and only a watcher or a very strong type of magic can get rid of them for good." "What type of magic?" "I have no idea." "Well I think that you all have that magic in you." They all turned to see the world go black around them, and the 8 past mages appear. "You need to think, when did you get new magic?" "When we got our gem forms." Doc said, the rest nodded. "Not quite. What gave you new hope?" Ren stepped forward, "When I chose to ignore the voices that said I couldn't fit in, and chose to stand out." Doc, raised his hand, "When I got X back, and he got some sleep." Scar glanced down at his legs, "When I figured out why I wasn't showing emotion anymore." Zed looked at his arms, "When I told Impulse and Tango about my last relationship and let that mask fall." Jevin placed a hand on his chest, "When I saw my mom as the strongest person in my life." Wels sighed, "When I started to let go of the past." Cleo glanced down at her hands, "When I flew away from my uncle." Grian stared at the ground, "When I let them deal with the consequences of their actions." 

"Now remember, what happened after?" "Yeah, I got some sort of light." Ren said, the others nodding. 

The listeners growled and hissed at the trapped hermits, Evil X, Worm Man, and Ninja. A shot caught all over the attention. "Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Shooting for the stars when we couldn't make a killing! Didn't have a dime but we always had a vision! Always had high, high hopes (High, high hopes)!" It was Doc's and Cleo's voices, "Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Didn't know how but we always had a feeling! We were gonna be that one in a million! Always had high, high hopes!" All 8 of the remaining hermits jumped out, but they all looked completely different.
Grian had a very purple color scheme, his hair was a deep purple with white highlights, he had two sets of wings that looked to be made of crystal, a long dragon tail with crystals at the end of it, 2 sets of horns on his head, his eyes were purple, his clothing looked fairy like aside from the purple armor plating on his arms and legs, and on his head a silver crown with the crystal symbol.
Cleo had a red color scheme, her hair moved like fire and was color to match, she had a pair of phoenix like wings, had a very demon looking outfit, in her head was a long pair of horns, her eyes looked like fire and on her head was a silver crown with the fire symbol.
Scar had a black color scheme, he had torn raven like wings, his fingers looked like claws, his hair was pitch black, he had a long cat like tail, black armor covered his legs and arms, his eyes were pitch black, his ears were more feather like, and on his head was a silver crown with the dark symbol. 
Zed had a white color scheme, he had a pair of large wings, a unicorn like horn on his head, his hair was pure white, his outfit made him look like royalty, his eyes were pure white, and on his head was a silver crown with the light symbol.
Jevin had a deep blue color scheme, he had fin like ears, his slime looked more sea green and blue than it's normal blue, he had a fish tail, his outfit look like a mermaid but with more clothing, his eyes were a glowing deep blue, and on his head was a silver crown with the water symbol.
Doc had a forest green color scheme, a full rack of elk antlers, deer like ears, his outfit seemed to be made of plants, his cybernetics were covered in green metal, his hair was a leafy green, his eyes were a bright green, and on his head was a silver crown with the nature symbol. 
Wels had a icy blue color scheme, he had a pair of dragon wings, a dragon tail with ice spikes, a pair of horns, his outift looked like it was made of scales, the snowflake on his forehead and the dragon on the left side of his body was glowing, his eyes were an icy blue, his hair was a bright blue, and on his head was a silver crown with the ice symbol.
Ren had a grey color scheme, he had a pair of fairy like wings, his hair was flowing and was a grey-white color, his outfit was more fairy like than Grian and showed more skin, his eyes were a grey color, and on his head was a silver crown with the wind symbol.

Wels took over, "Mama said, fulfill the prophecy! Be something greater, go make a legacy! Manifest destiny, back in the days! We wanted everything, wanted everything!" His ice froze the Listeners in place. 

Jevin, skated over Wels' ice, and took over, "Mama said, burn your biographies! Rewrite your history, light up your wildest dreams! Museum victories, every day! We wanted everything, wanted everything!" Waves crashed into the Listeners knocking them all over the show.

Time seemed to slow down when Ren was using his wind magic, "Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated! All tied up, no more love and I'd hate to see you waiting!" Then time caught as he dropped several Listeners. 

Doc's thunder vines wrapped around Listeners as he took the song back, "Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Shooting for the stars when we couldn't make a killing! Didn't have a dime but we always had a vision! Always had high, high hopes (High, high hopes)!" Electricity hit all the vined Listeners.

Fire blazed, burning the Listeners, as Cleo took the song, "Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Didn't know how but we always had a feeling! We were gonna be that one in a million! Always had high, high hopes! High, high hopes!" 

Grian took the song as he shot crystals at the Listeners, "Mama said, it's uphill for oddities! The stranger crusaders, ain't ever wannabes! The weird and the novelties don't ever change! We wanted everything, wanted everything! High, high hopes!"

Scar took the song as shadows attacked, "Stay up on that rise! Stay up on that rise and never come down, oh! Stay up on that rise! Stay up on that rise and never come down!" As he sang that, he slammed his hands on the ground and everything went dark.

Zed's voice and light cut through the darkness, "Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated! All tied up, no more love and I'd hate to see you waiting!" He raise his hands above his head, "They say it's all been done but they haven't seen the best of me-eh-eh-eh! So I got one more run and it's gonna be a sight to see-eh-eh-eh!" He snapped his fingers and rest of the magic hermits appeared, standing in a line, all of the Listeners in front of the them. 

"Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Shooting for the stars when we couldn't make a killing! Didn't have a dime but we always had a vision! Always had high, high hopes!" In each of their hands a staff appeared, "High, high hopes! Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Didn't know how but we always had a feeling! We were gonna be that one in a million! Always had high, high hopes! High, high hopes!" Magic shot out off the staffs and at the Listeners.

"Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Shooting for the stars when we couldn't make a killing! Didn't have a dime but we always had a vision! Always had high, high hopes! Had to have high, high hopes for a living! Didn't know how but we always had a feeling! We were gonna be that one in a million! Always had high, high hopes! High, high hopes!" 

The Listeners were gone, no more. And everyone else was out cold, well aside from Ninja. "That was AWESOME!" Ninja said, flying over to the hermits. "When did you guys get Hope Forms?!" "Is that what these are called?" "Indeed." The world went dark as the hermits and Ninja were greeted by the mages. "Well done, you all have reach the peak of your power for now." "What do you mean?" Ren asked. "Well, next up is mastering your Perfect Harmony or Perfect Chaos forms, which you can't get till you master all 8 basic types." The wind spirit said with a small giggle. "So for right now, you all have reached mage level." Smiles broke out among the group. 

________

For the next few days, with help of Ninja all the server whitelist codes were changed to something at nobody could guess, and the only thing Ninja will say about it is, why on earth did Doc tell X to set that as the code.