Chapter 5: Best Buds

Erin and Issei continued their talk as they strolled around the campus. The brown haired boy started explaining about the Popularity Ranking in Kuoh.

" So Rias-senpai, the red haired one earlier, currently holds the 1st position. She is followed by Akeno-senpai who is 2nd in popularity."

" Ahuh.."

" The 3rd and 4th place is earned by Student Council members Shitori-senpai and Shinra-senpai. They are the President and vice-president."

" Yeah, I'm familiar with them. I met them earlier." Erin casually said.

" Wait. Really?" said Issei in surprise. " How did you meet them?"

" They called me at the Student Council room to settle some documents or whatever."

" I see. I don't remember them doing that on my first day here." Issei thoughtfully said as he caressed his chin.

This made Erin confirm her suspicion that it was indeed the Student Council's own doing to confirm her identity.

" Anyways, there are other popular students in the campus. And the one who is the hated one by the boys, especially, is the Academy Prince, Yuuto Kiba." Issei mentioned the name with distaste and pointed his finger to a certain direction.

" See that blonde boy over there? That's him."

Erin squinted her eyes to get a better look and true enough, the Academy Prince is good looking.

" Kyah! It's Kiba-kun!"
" Notice me Prince-sama!"
" I love you Kiba-kun!"

The said person just waved his hands at the screaming girls and smiled charmingly at them which earned him another round of cheers.

" Tsk. I hate that guy. He's an enemy of every male student here in Kuoh! Such a show-off."

Erin could see Issei clenching him fists. She decided to mess his mood and tease him.

" What about me, Issei. Do you hate me as well?"

" What?" Issei was confused by the random question. How did Erin even thought about that?

" I mean, like you said earlier, I also seem to rise with popularity so I might steal the girls."

" Ah, that." Issei said and scratched the back of his head. " Well you are different, Erin."

" What do you mean different?" said Erin while tilting her head to the side; an obvious attempt to act cute.

" Cute.." Issei thought and shook his head to avoid getting flustered. " I-I mean. I wouldn't consider you an enemy since we are kinda getting close, you know?"

" What do you mean by getting close?" Erin further teased as she tried to hint something that obviously didn't exist. Issei was seriously blushing and this amused the Goddess.

" A-Ah, Well.. W-We're Friends. Buddies. B-Best Buddies."

"Okay. Time to drop the bomb." Erin thought with a smirk and leaned closer to Issei. The boy gulped at their closeness.

" But I don't want to be just Best buddies.. Issei." She said his name in a husky voice.

*(Poof)*

Issei's face adorned a full-blown flush and this sent the Goddess laughing; clutching her stomach with her free hand.

The brown-haired boy was frozen for a few seconds until he recovered and sent a pout on Erin's way.

" Geez, Erin. That wasn't funny at all."

Erin's laugh was contagious and not long after, Issei joined and laughed as well. The two caused some students to look their way and wonder what on earth they were laughing about.

" H-Have you seen your face?" Erin said between laughter. " You look like a tomato, honestly."

" Well, you shouldn't joke like that you know? You caught me off guard!"

They calmed down after a few seconds and Erin was the first one to speak.

" But seriously, Issei. Best buds? Really? On the first day I transferred here?"

" You were the first one to insinuate that one! You even told me to drop formalities." Said Issei with a stupid grin.

Erin smirked and lightly punched Issei's shoulder; the latter returning the same action.

" As long as you don't act too perverted around me then why not?  Best Bud.."

- End of Chapter -