Chapter 36: Alliance

Following their conversation, Kiba and Erin immediately plotted their plan. The two would spend some time talking in whispers and the other ORC members noticed their actions.

" Is it just me or Erin-chan and Kiba seemed closer than before?" Akeno voiced out as she observed the two talking.

" Hm. I also noticed that one. I thought I was the only one who did." replied Rias as she took a sip of her tea.

Issei was observing the interaction in irritation and couldn't help but call out to them.

" Oy, Kiba and Erin. What are you guys discussing so secretly like only the 2 of you should know?"

Issei approached them and placed his arms over their shoulders.

"Include me in your conversation, would you?"

Kerin shared a look and an idea suddenly entered the Goddess' mind. *(Kerin is combined for Kiba and Erin. Same as Erissei which is for Erin and Issei :D )*

"Actually.. you are right, Issei."

Erin called out to Rias.

" Rias, we'll be leaving for a few minutes."

The Goddess pulled Issei with him and Kiba followed their trail together with the twins.

" Ara, what was that about?"

Reaching a good distance, Erin explained their plan to Issei. The boy listened attentively and was ready to participate.

"I understand. I'm willing to help Kiba destroy an Excalibur sword."

Kiba was slightly surprised with Issei's decision.

" You'll help? Issei-san?"

" Hai!" he replied with determination. " After hearing about your story, I realized that I misjudged you. I thought that you were just a pretty boy and a good for nothing stealer of girls."

Erin rolled her eyes at this while Kiba awkwardly chuckled.

" And because of that, I'll be willing to help you in any way I can because you are my team mate and also my friend! Not to mention, you also helped Erin and I to save Asia. It's only natural that I help you on this one."

"Yey. You finally consider Kiba as your friend." The goddess teased.

" Yes. And Kiba, you should know that Erin should only be close to me and no one else! I'm her best friend and the best of all friends so don't you dare get close to her, you got it?" Issei pointed a finger to his chest.

"Well, I can't really do anything if Erin and I are becoming close." Kiba shrugged with a smile.

" Wah- You're calling her Erin now?!" gasped Issei.

The Goddess stopped Issei from further responding.

" Okay that's enough. Going back to our plan, we have to meet up with Irina-san and Xenovia-san and tell them our intent to participate. I know they left a message to not interfere but we can probably negotiate with them so no worries."

Azusa called Erin's attention and the wolf motioned to a distance.

" We can smell Koneko-chan from there." Tsubaki informed.

" Koneko-chan, we know you're there so you can come out now."

There was a slight shuffle and the mascot emerged from her hiding place.

" Senpai..."

Erin gave her a knowing smile and said.

" Do you wish to join in our plan?"

" Hai. I want to help Kiba-senpai."

" Koneko-chan... Arigatou." Kiba warmly said.

" Now that is set, I think we need one more person so our search would be faster."

" Leave that to me, Erin." Issei volunteered. "I already have one person in mind and I'll have him join no matter what."

-- Time Skip ----

" HAH?! Are you out of your mind, Hyoudou?"

" Quiet down, Saji. We don't want anyone knowing our plan." hissed Issei in a whisper.

" But seriously? You'll interfere with those Holy swords mission? If the Student council got a hold of me taking interest in those things, I'll surely suffer a hundred beatings!"

" That's why we are keeping this as a secret from our masters! They shouldn't know about the plan at all costs!"

Saji repeatedly mumbled how crazy the plan is as he sunked down on his seat.

" How did you even come up with the idea of recruiting me? Are we even close? And what does this have to do with me?"

" Too bad. Erin was hoping you could join our plan. She was looking forward for your presence, actually." lied Issei.

" Honto?" Saji abruptly stood up. "I-If it was Erin-san then I suppose I could reconsider." He cleared his throat. " Okay fine. I'm joining your plan."

" Yes!" Issei fist bumped into the air.

_______________________________________

After successfully convincing Saji, the group started their search for the 2 exorcists. They eventually found them wandering in the streets, begging for some coins.

"How pitiful! I didn't imagine that our mission would leave us starving for days. Oh good Lord. Please guide us more!"

Xenovia sighed until she caught the presence of the group approaching them.

"What are you doing here?"

" Greetings, Xenovia-san." Erin spoke.
" We would like to make some negotiation with the both of you. If you would kindly heed our request, we would be grateful."

" Miss Knight!" Irina cheerfully greeted. " This must be a sign from the Lord since she let us meet for the 2nd time."

On cue, Irina's stomach growled in hunger causing an awkward silence to fall on them.

" Ah- Eh. Eto..."

" Irina.." Xenovia face-palmed.

" Well.. We could treat you for some lunch and we could talk about the matter over there. What do you think?"

Irina wasted no time in accepting Erin's offer and she pulled Xenovia with her.

Erin's group explained their proposition during the course of the meal. Xenovia regarded their offer carefully and after giving it some thought, she accepted their terms.

" I understand. This alliance should be neutral and not cause a disturbance between the Factions. We shall begin our search tonight and meet up on our designated location."

" Thank you for the meal, Erin-chan!" Irina spoke after she consumed a large amount of food bowls.

--- Time Skip (Night Time)----

" Is everyone here?" Xenovia asked and the group nodded.

" Good. Before we proceed, I would like to thank you for your cooperation. This alliance would surely earn a reprimand from your group." Saji winced at the thought. "But you are willing to participate and keep the matter hidden."

"No worries, Xenovia-san."

" We would be splitting up so the search would be faster. Me, Irina, and Erin-san would search together while the rest would group together."

" Hai, understood."

" I wish all of us the best of luck." Xenovia said before they left the area and separated ways.

- End of Chapter -