Chapter 78: For a Day

" I'm sorry, Vali. We tried to take Fenrir but the Greek God of the Dead was there with the Blue Empress."

Vali was slightly disappointed but he waived their concerns nonetheless.

"Just forget it. We can't do something about it now."

"I didn't imagine that the Blue Empress is allied with the Greek Gods. Though I discovered during our last encounter that she is a deity." Bikou commented.

On the other side, Rias narrated the events by the time they arrived. Sirzechs and the other leaders were surprised after they learned of Hade's sudden appearance.

" So that's where Erin-chi went off to? To call for Hade's help?"

" No. Rather than that, I think she was initially looking for Hade's lair. She consulted that matter to me in the past." replied Sirzechs.

" She must have discovered the group's status somehow. That's why she was able to assist them together with Hades."

" And she was able to take action after the Red Emperor was killed by Loki and after he threatened to wreck more havoc." Ajuka said.

" Thank goodness for the Blue Empress' help. A lot of power is needed to control Mjolnir. That was a lot of work off my hands." Odin remarked.

" But Lord Loki was an important God in your land." Michael said in slight worry. "Was it really all right to order for his capture?"

"Times must change. I will make sure to explain things at Valhalla. I'm confident the citizens will be understanding of the circumstances."

________________________________________

" Buchou, when will Erin come back?"

The question made Rias flinch and she turned to Issei with a small smile.

" Maybe sooner. She did say that she will come back once she finish whatever she needs to do."

" I see." Issei looked down sadly. "I haven't thanked her yet for giving me those phoenix tears. It's been 2 days already. I hope she comes home soon."

The other members shared the same thought but they tried hard to remain positive.

"Don't worry, Issei. Erin said she will return so she will definitely do it." Kiba said in determination.

"Hai. Erin-senpai stays true to her words." added Koneko.

Rias was somehow eased at these words but she still couldn't shake off the feeling of dread at the thought of Erin not returning.

It was already night time and Rias was preparing to take a rest. She clutched the piece of clothing Erin lent her as she laid down on the bed. The cold breeze entered the room as she freely left the windows open.

" I was looking for that hoodie at one point, only to realize that you still haven't returned it to me."

Rias opened her eyes in a flash and she sat upright to see the Goddess looking at her with a small smile.

" Hello, Rias."

The red head rushed to give the Goddess a hug but the growl coming from the creature held by the latter stopped her.

" Easy, Fenrir." Erin soothed the wolf who immediately calmed down on her hold.

" You brought Fenrir with you?" Rias said in mix surprise and shock.

" Hai. Uncle Hades gave him to me. He casted a spell on him so it will be tamer and adjust its size accordingly." True to her words, the wolf was now the size of an average husky.