Chapter 18: Saving Asia

Short reminder: Contains graphic words and scenarios. ⚠

_______________________________________

"Asia-chan!" Erin shouted which caused Raynare to lose her focus.

" You again! Don't tell me you defeated the Fallen Angels outside?" Raynare said in shock and anger.

" Yes. And you're next.. Ayano Yuuma." Declared Erin as her weaponized arm manifested. " Issei, Let's beat this chicken to the ground!"

" Hai!"

[BOOST!]

" Don't worry, Raynare. Proceed with the ritual." Mittelt said and dashed towards the boy.

" Tsk. Annoying pests." She glanced at the unconscious Asia chained to the wall. The ritual was half-complete and she only need to materialize enough amount of magic to separate the sacred gear to the body.

*(Bam)*

Raynare nearly dodged a laser beam which was aimed towards her. With gritted teeth, she raced to the Goddess and formed a light spear.

" COME HERE YOU BRAT!"

*(Clank!)*

Erin's weapon transformed to a shield which blocked Raynare's attack. She shifted her weapon to a lance and swung it back and forth to stab the Fallen Angel.

With the last of her mana, she directed her full force to creating a lightning bolt and struck Raynare head on.

" AHHHHH!"

She watched as the Fallen got electrocuted. Her eyes widened when she saw Issei beaten to the ground with Mittelt aiming a light spear just a few distance away from him.

" Issei, MOVE!"

Erin ran using her speed to grab the boy away from danger. But she only managed to shield his body and take the light spear for herself instead.

" Ack!"

" Erin!" Issei said in horror as he saw the Goddess' body being stabbed. The light spear went past her shoulder and the impact caused Erin to stumble backwards.

" Kuh.. S-Stay away, Issei." Erin coughed and spit out some blood. The brown haired boy was close to tears until the Goddess shoved him again to avoid another light spear.

" This seriously hurts." Erin winced in pain and grabbed one of the Light spears' end.

" Impossible. How are you able to touch that? You should still feel an intense burn even if you are a human." Mittelt exclaimed in shock.

Erin removed the light spear from her body and she screamed in pain as she fell on her knees.

" Y-You.. You're crazy!" remarked Mittelt and fired another attack.

Erin blocked it using the shield on her weaponized arm; albeit shakily.

She stood up and clutched her shoulder; the area where she was stabbed by the light spear.

Her mana was now low and she can't afford to summon another lightning attack.

" I'll have to resort to using my voice."

She closed her eyes and sang a lullaby. Mittelt was confused by her actions and thought she was being delirious due to her impending death. Seconds later, the effect took place and Mittelt was in a trance. The Fallen Angel was rooted to her place, standing and staring at nothing.