Chapter 19: Sweet Cakes 🍰

" Where am I..."

Erin slowly opened her eyes. Her view was still blurry but she can identify two silhouettes who were near her.

" E- Erin!" Issei shouted in shock. He ran outside the room and started announcing that the Goddess was awake.

" Yokata. Erin-san." said Asia as a tear slid down her cheek. She was performing her healing powers on the girl.

"Asia-chan." Erin slowly rise from the couch and Asia assisted her.

" Careful, Erin-san.. You still need to take some rest so your body can fully heal."

The Goddess gazed at the Nun who went back on healing some parts of her body and she noticed a different aura from the girl.

"It seems like Rias reincarnated her as a devil. I'm glad that she's alive."

Rias and the ORC members entered the room and the red head approached Erin.

" Erin. I'm glad you're awake now." She said as she touched the Goddess' face.

"You saved Asia-chan and Issei." Erin looked at the smiling boy. " Thank you, Rias."

"We should thank you for defeating those Fallen Angels as well." replied Rias and looked at her affectionately. "You did a great job."

Erin only nodded in approval and they filled her in on some important details. Rias reincarnated Issei as a pawn, the boy consuming all 8 pieces. Asia was reincarnated as a bishop and the Goddess herself was reincarnated as a devil, holding the  Knight piece.

The red head further explained that it wasn't easy to reincarnate her. The normal chess pieces didn't work on her body so she had to use a mutated piece.

Moreover, Erin was still unconscious even after being reincarnated so the red head panicked and brought her to the Vermillion household.

" Mom and Sebastian.." Erin thought in slight worry. " How did those two reacted after they learned I was reincarnated into a devil?"

"What did my mother and brother say after you brought me to the house?"

" They weren't really happy at first." Rias trailed off. " Anyways, I explained the full story to them and they eventually calmed down. You still need to undergo an overnight healing process after they applied some medication since you lost a huge amount of blood."

" I see..."

" That's why, I had Akeno assist you in your house for the overnight healing and I did the same thing to Issei since he also lost a large quantity of blood."

The boy blushed after hearing this and Erin wondered on what happened during this overnight healing process.

" I had Asia continually heal you from time to time to speed up your recovery and your brother would also visit at some point to check up on you."

" Thank you for your help, Asia-chan."  The blonde only hugged her in return which caught the Goddess off-guard.

" No, Erin-san. I should be the one thanking you." She said in teary eyes. "You almost died saving me and I can't thank you enough for that."

Erin recovered from her shock and hugged the Girl back. Asia also thanked the ORC members who helped in her rescue especially Issei who then joined their hug.

"And Akeno-san, thank you for helping me in my recovery as well." The Goddess said to the raven head who only giggled in return.

" Ufufu. No worries, Erin-chan. I also quite enjoyed it."