Chapter 28: Training

The ORC wasted no time in preparing for the match. Rias found a mountain village as their place of training for the next 5 days. She had her members doing strenuous exercises to boost their stamina and strength for the match.

" B-Buchou." Issei was panting as he adjusted the large heap of items on his back. " Can we take a break?"

"It won't do, Issei." Replied Rias who was carrying nothing but a map. " We haven't even reached the top."

Issei could feel his legs about to break in any moment. He received a pat from Erin who also seems struggling with the task.

" Let's do our best, Issei." Replied Erin as she wiped a sweat from her forehead. "We still have to beat that chicken so we can't just give up here."

" H-Hai!" Issei replied shakily but with renewed spirit.

" Hurry up you two! You are lagging behind the rest of the group" shouted Rias.

Erissei looked at the other members and they can see how they easily climbed the mountain track. Koneko looked like she wasn't even carrying a large package on her back same as Kiba who swiftly walked past them.

Erin rolled her eyes at this. Having great speed and ability to use magic equates to her lacking on certain aspects in Strength. The gear can help her amplify her strength but she still needs to undergo training to improve her blind spots.

" Let's go Issei." Spoke the Goddess and the two went on walking.

After a long and arduous walk, the group finally arrived at their base where an average sized cabin awaits them.

Issei dropped on his knees and face-planted on the ground by the moment they reached their destination. Erin excused herself and asked permission from Rias to enter the cabin so she can change out of her sweaty clothes.

"Ugh. That was tiring. I can't feel my shoulders." Erin moaned out as she took off her shirt. She wiped the sweat from her body with a towel and grabbed herself some water.

A slight noise from the background startled the Goddess causing her to spill the drink on her body. She made a 'tsk' sound in annoyance and faced backwards to check up at the noise.

This caused her to come face to face with Akeno who chuckled at her startled expression.

" Ara, did I scare you, Erin-chan? Gomen."

Erin breathed a sigh in relief as she calmed down.

" I thought it was some enemy or something."

" Did you arrive here first, Akeno-san?" Erin asked curiously. "Speaking of which, I haven't seen you joining us for the exercise earlier."

" Rias gave me some instructions to check the place so yes. I arrived here earlier than the rest of the group."

" I see..." Replied Erin absentmindedly that she didn't notice Akeno invading her personal space.

" W-Wha, What are you doing? Akeno-san?" Erin said in a slightly panicked tone.

" Is she trying to give me a heart attack?!"

" You should be careful, Erin-chan." Akeno said in a low tone as she wiped the lone trail of water dripping down towards Erin's toned stomach.

"You shouldn't let other people see you in this state."

"But I wasn't -

" They might have difficulty controlling themselves around you." Akeno said as she leaned towards Erin to whisper in her ears. The Goddess was sure that a blush was appearing on her cheeks by now.