Chapter 88: Game of Deaths II

Short Notice: Long chap again ✏
_________________________________________

" Freed!"  Issei uttered in surprise and the man just smiled in a silly manner.

" Yes! Yes! I'm a really tough cookie. As you see, I'm still totally alive."

" Why are you here?" Kiba narrowed his eyes.

"After that incident with Kokabiel, I was picked up by that shitty bastard, Vali." Freed ran a hand through his hair in annoyance " And then, Khaos Brigade picked up stray little ol' me."

" And you became Diodora's Knight?"

Freed cocked his eyebrow in confusion until he released a maniacal laugh

" Knight? What knight are you talking about? I ate them both up!"

The ORC were shocked hearing this and the Goddess felt like bile would rise up in her mouth.

" You have completely given up your humanity." Koneko said with a stoic expression but her tone held disgust.

Freed leaned his head sideways and was ecstatic seeing the Goddess.

" Oh goodie! Just as I expected! Miss Pretty is here!"

" Stay back." Kiba warned as he held an arm defensively in front of the Goddess.

"I'm only interested in one thing. The rest of you could all rot in hell. Oh well. You're devils, aren't you? TeHaahaha!"

*(Splitting Noises)*

Freed bent down and wings sprouted from his back. His body got bulky while his face contorted to those of a monster. His eyes also largened and his mouth changed to predatory with sharpened fangs.

The ORC stepped back in caution as they witnessed the man transform to a horrifying creature.

"Since this is such a tear-jerking reunion, lemme tell you something good. All the girls you defeated from Diodora's household just now were all once famous sisters or saints from various lands!"

" What did you say?" Xenovia uttered in shock.

*(Ching!)*

Erin's ring glowed once again and she clutched the side of her head. Scenes from earlier flashed back in her mind and she widened her eyes in realization.

" No way.. then those enemies.. were abused by Diodora?"

" It's that guy's hobby to bring down passionate holy women to the depths of hell with his sweet words!"

The Goddess clutched her head harder as the scenes were becoming more vivid. She felt a slight headache making her shut her eyes in effect.

" Then Asia....." Issei mumbled.

Freed laughed at their realization and continued narrating Diodora's story

" One day, a spoiled devil boy found a beautiful holy woman that was totally his type. But the woman was treasured sooo much that he couldn't kidnap her that easily."

He added more menace to his voice

" And so, he thought that maybe she would be excommunicated if other holy people saw the woman healing an injured devil like him."

" I don't regret saving him at that time."

Asia's words flashed back in Erissei's mind. Issei shook his head in disbelief while the Goddess was slowly consumed by anger.

"What the hell.... What the hell are you talking about?!"

" Bastard.. not only those girls but he's planning to victimize others as well." Erin gritted but she and Issei were stopped by Rias from advancing to the enemy.