Chapter 44: Begging

"Why did you call me again?"

The Goddess was in the same apartment Azazel was staying.

" Heh. I told you I'll hit you up for another conversation." replied the man as he poured another drink. The Goddess just stared at him blankly, sitting on the couch opposite the man.

" I heard about your fight with Kokabiel. Quite impressive, if you ask me."

" Who told you? That white armored dragon? I remember him saying that he was given orders by you."

"Yes. Vali did. He's ecstatic fighting you, if given the chance. That boy is a battle freak."

" I never imagined the White Dragon emperor to be working under you." Erin said as she narrowed her eyes.

" Yeah. Mysterious, isn't it? I even wondered why he followed my orders so easily."

Azazel grabbed a bottle of whiskey from the fridge. He poured it on another glass and offered the drink to the Goddess.

"I already told you that I don't drink. Why are you trying to get me drunk?" Erin spoke in irritation. Azazel laughed at this and patted her shoulders.

" You look tense. I just thought you need a little stress reliever or something."

"I am indeed tense especially when I don't even know why I'm here. Besides, if I ever want to relieve my stress, I don't resort to drinking."

" Ah. This feels nice. This actually looks like we are having a casual conversation like good ol' friends." Azazel commented in a carefree manner.

"You know, if you just wanted someone to talk to, I'm probably not the best candidate. Go find someone else and stop calling our peerage again." glared Erin.

"That hurts Erin-chi. And I was actually planning a list of topics we can discuss about. Starting with women, booze, Sacred Gears, etc."

" Stop calling me that." Erin sighed in exasperation. Azazel just laughed and proceeded to tell the history on why there are Fallen Angels and how they have fallen to lust. Erin had a 'WTF, What does it have to do with me?' look.

" I'll give you a clue. If ever you want to discuss about those things, you should talk to the Red Dragon Emperor and not me."

" Oho. Then what does the Blue Dragon Empress prefer anyway? That's too bad. I can see that a lot of girls are falling for you. It'll be a waste if you choose to entertain men instead."

" This conversation is not making any sense." Erin stood up, irritation obvious in her face. " I'm leaving."

Azazel just smiled in amusement

" Well, we'll be seeing each other in a few days anyway."

" What do you mean?"

" The Leader of each Faction decided to conduct a summit. Kokabiel's attack probably had something to do with it. The venue will likely be held in your academy."

" Thanks for the info but please stop calling me again." Erin said in annoyance.

She teleported back to Kuoh and she instantly resigned to the couch.

"Master, what's wrong?"

" Yes, Lady Erin. You seem upset."

" Nothing. Just the client being annoying."

" Who was your client, Erin?" Rias curiously asked. " He sent multiple requests explicitly demanding that you are the devil to attend him."

" It was Azazel. The Fallen Angel Governor."