Chapter 20: First Mission

*Short Reminder:
" [ This is Ddraig speaking]"
" { This is Voltaire speaking}"
_______________________________________
Erin discussed with Issei about the Dragons found in their Sacred Gear. Apparently, the boy managed to unlock the Dragon when he was successfully reincarnated as a devil.

" [ Greetings, Miss Erin. My name is Ddraig and I am known as the Welsh Dragon.]

" Hello there Ddraig. And don't be so formal. You can just call me Erin."

The Dragon chuckled at this which caused Issei to get shocked.

" D-Did you just let out a cheerful sound?"

" Why, what's up?"

" T-This Dragon never says something funny!" Issei pointed an accusing finger at the gear on his arm. "I swear he is all serious."

Ddraig sighed and apologized on Issei's stupid behavior.

" [ I apologize. It seems that this host of mine needs to improve on certain aspects.] "

" See? That's what I'm talking about!"

Erin chuckled at this and summoned her Sacred Gear to call the Dragon residing inside.

"Voltaire, are you there?"

" [Voltaire?]

" {Hm. Do you need something, my child?} "

" [ Voltaire is that really you?] "

There was a brief silence before the thunder dragon responded.

" { It is indeed me, Ddraig. I never imagined the circumstances that we would meet again.} "

" You two know each other?" Erin curiously asked

" { Yes. Me and Ddraig have quite the history.}

" [ Voltaire is one of my rivals.]"

" What?" Issei said in surprise.

" [ What do you say, Voltaire. Shall we fight and determine our fate when our hosts reached a considerable level of strength?]

" I'm sorry Ddraig but that won't be possible." Erin quickly said.

The dragon made an 'Eh?' sound and the Goddess further explained.

" I have no plans of being anyone's rival and quite frankly, I believe it is just a waste of time."

Ddraig was speechless hearing this and Voltaire's laughter can be heard.

" { It is what my host said, Ddraig. I also have no plans on fighting rivals, just like how I usually am. I'm lucky that I found a host who shares the same thoughts like mine and I won't be forced to get in fights similar to the past.}

" That's right Ddraig! You should also know that I have no plans on fighting Erin!" Issei declared with finality.

The Welsh Dragon can only sigh as he accepted the verdict.

" [ Then, I suppose I'll just fight my other rival then. And Voltaire would act as the referee like what he mostly do.]

" Why do you have another rival? Just what kind of a Fight addict are you?"

The two got into an argument where Ddraig mentioned about the Vanishing Dragon. After talking to the Dragons for a bit, Erissei hid their Sacred Gears and went to the ORC Clubroom for a meeting.

Rias called them to settle their First jobs as devils of the household. She explained the mechanics where they have to comply with the client's requests and they will get paid in return.