Chapter 8: Fight for our Lives!

The first thing Erin did was to inform her family about last night's event. Archaea was visibly surprised and ordered Erin to summon her Sacred Gear. The Goddess concentrated and true enough, the choker with blue gem re-appeared on her neck which made the members of the Vermillion household to study it with caution.

" What type of Sacred Gear is it, mother?"

" I'm not sure. Do you remember some significant details about your dream? We might have missed some important information which can lead to identifying what type of Gear it is."

" All I remember is a voice seems to be calling me. Then afterwards, I was forced awake."

" I see.." Archaea motioned for some files on a nearby shelf. Sebastian complied and passed the needed files to their mother.

" I will try to research on what type your Sacred Gear is based on how it manisfested and its physical composition." She turned to the Goddess and adorned a serious look. " Be extra careful today. If the rumors are true, then you must be prepared for an attack or worse an ambush."

" If something indeed happens and you can't fend it off yourself, you know how to call us." Added Sebastian and Erin nodded.

" Keep an eye on your friend as well. Both of you are possible targets of beings we do not know."

---TIME SKIP----

Erin was on high alert on the remainder of the day which caused Issei to worry on how she was acting.

" Is something wrong?

The Goddess glanced at him and sighed.

" Nothing. Just had a weird dream." She placed emphasis on the word to insinuate something to Issei.

" Speaking of dreams, I also had one."

Erin's full attention was set on whatever Issei is going to say. She motioned for them to stop at a nearby corner and waited for him to continue.

" I had this dream like someone was calling me. It's like a dragon or something like that."

" Could it be..... "

" And weird thing is like it felt so real, you know? Like I had this power or something."

Issei moved his left hand and looked at it with interest.

" It's like I can control it from here. And a power would just erupt from it. Strange, right?"

Erin carefully regarded his answer and nodded.

Suddenly, the Goddess' senses tingled and she looked for the source of the aura. A girl was approaching them sporting a shy look.

" Ano.. Umm.. Are you Hyoudou-kun?"

" Her aura is not similar to the devils. But I can sense that she is a supernatural being. " Erin narrowed her eyes at the girl. " I don't feel good about her."

" Y-yes, that me." Issei answered who was obviously flustered by the girl's presence.

" Ah H-Hai. My name is Ayano Yuuma. I had always admired you as I observed you from afar. And I just want to know.. Will you go out with me?" The girl asked in a trembling voice while fidgeting in her position.

" E-Eh!?" Issei was shocked. Never in his life that he imagined a random girl to approach him and ask him to date her.

" Is this real? Holy shit. Why am I so lucky?"

Before Issei could respond, Erin stepped in and hooked an arm with the boy. Issei grew both confused and flustered with her actions but did nothing to stop her.

In a sweet voice, Erin turned to the mysterious girl and said.

" I'm afraid that won't be possible. Issei-kun~ is already dating me. Te hee."

" We are what?! " exclaimed Issei who was double shocked by now. Erin didn't mind him and continued delivering fake smiles to the girl.

She realized what the Goddess was doing and she sent a glare towards her before resuming her facade.

" A-ano, Too bad. Why don't you just leave her, Issei-kun?"

" And why would she prefer a fake human over someone real, hmm ~ " Erin said in a sing-song to which the Girl was caught off guard.

She casted a smirk before her whole demeanor completely changed.

" Well. I guess this just makes things easier. I can just proceed to kill both of you without pretention!"

" Issei MOVE!"

The boy hardly had any time to react before she was shoved to the ground by Erin. The goddess' body collided with him and she glared at the smirking Yuuma who was now in Fallen Angel form.

"Don't worry. I can just send another spear to kill both of you. Don't be impatient cuz you'll eventually die."

" W-What's happening?" Issei said in a scared tone as she looked at Yuuma who was laughing maniacally. " E-Erin?"

" Issei.." The goddes said in a leveled tone while still glaring at the Fallen Angel. " I want you to stay calm for the remainder of the moment and try hard to defend yourself."

" Huh?" panicked the boy.

" Because.." Erin's left arm start to materialize into a mecha form and metal plates covered her arm. A small compartment opened on the side where a Laser-like gun emerged. " We're going to have to fight for our lives!"

The goddess raised her arm and the weapon attached started shooting out red beams aimed at the Fallen Angel.

The Fallen Angel tried to dodged the attacks but a beam managed to hit her causing an area in her wings to get burned.

Yuuma hissed in pain and glared at Erin with hatred.

" You'll pay for this, you stupid human!"

Yuuma created a light spear and threw it at Erin's direction but the Goddess was quick to convert her gun weapon to a Shield which deflected the attack.

" Woah. That's awesome!" Issei exclaimed in amazement.

Erin internally face-palmed and she changed her spear to a shiny lance. Upon doing so, her Sacred gear involuntarily activated and the choker manifested on her neck.

" I hope you like getting impaled." Erin said in battle-frenzy tone.

The goddess chased the Fallen Angel; swinging her left arm to hit her. Yuuma would fly from time to time to avoid getting hit and Erin gritted her teeth in annoyance.

She gathered a good amount of energy in her right hand and it was soon covered with lightning sparks which are blue in color. The Sacred Gear glowed *(the blue gem)* while she was doing this.

" Take this!" She swing her right arm and charged the lightning to the Fallen Angel. The attack was faster than Yuuma can dodge and she got hit.

" ARGHHH!!!"

Yuuma got electrocuted and they observed how her body shook. She eventually fell to the ground with lightning sparks still surrounding her body.

The two cautiously approached her and they stepped away when she shakily stood up.

" Y-You... You'll pay for this!" Yuuma said as she clutched her arm. "I'll send some reinforcements and both of you will die!"

They watched as the Fallen Angel retreated and disappeared in the sky.

Erin heaved a sigh and her left arm returned to normal. She turned to the brown-haired teen who was still gaping at the sky in shock.

" Issei. Let's discuss about some things, shall we?"

- End of Chapter -