Chapter 99: Send-Off

- Long Chap ✏-
________________________________________

As soon as the Goddess left, Rias approached his brother and they talked for a while. She then started searching for the Goddess inside the estate and she didn't have to search wide because the girl was settled on the living room.

Erin was lying down on the couch and she had her eyes closed. It seems that she was asleep judging by the steady breaths she was taking.

Rias silently stood next to her and crouched down to gaze at Erin's face.

" I can't understand why you are such a looker in whatever state you are in." the red head mumbled as she brushed away a few hair strands from her face.

She stared at the Goddess' face for a couple of seconds before she felt herself leaning closer towards the girl.

"Rias." Erin uttered which surprised the red head. The latter quickly moved away as soon as the Goddess opened her eyes.

" Why are you here?"

" W-Were you awake the whole time?" Rias asked with a blush on her cheeks. She found it embarrassing if ever Erin caught her about to steal a kiss

" Hm. Not quite. I was about to fall asleep before I felt you brush my hair."

" I-I see."

The Goddess groaned slightly as she
covered her eyes with her arm.

" What's wrong?

"Just having a headache." replied the Goddess in a tired tone which made Rias place a hand on her forehead.

" Wait. Your temperature is rising." Rias was slightly worried.

" Don't mind it. This is just one of the side effects of using my skill earlier."

" The twins mentioned it. You are able to copy a power using that one?" Rias asked with interest.

" Hm. Mostly. Though I can only maintain it for a short period of time and if I prolong it, I might suffer worse side effects than just headaches."

" Can't you retain the power you copied?"

" That.. I'm not sure. What I'm certain is that if ever that happens, I might lose some of my memory or something like that." the Goddess shrugged and Rias' eyes widened.

" Wait. You can't do that!"

" Do what?"

" Use that skill frequently." Rias said with a firm stare. " You better promise that you won't be using that skill on a frequent basis."

" I mean, if the situation calls for it then why not?" Erin replied in confusion. "But okay. If you say so."

Rias sighed in relief and the Goddess teased

" Why, scared that I'll forget you?"

"Yes." Rias replied in determination and the Goddess just rolled her eyes.

" You're scared about something that isn't known compared to getting caught by stealing a kiss."

" Wha- that's..." Rias stuttered and the Goddess snickered at this. The red head eventually narrowed her eyes as she approached the Goddess.

" I think I'll really steal a kiss from you if you won't stop with your teasing."

The Goddess didn't listen to her and proceeded to chuckle. Rias settled herself above the Goddess as she straddled the girl.

Erin's eyes slightly widened but she still supported Rias' weight by holding on to her sides.

" Are you nuts? You're seriously crazy if you proceed with what you are planning."