Chapter 29: Knight of Vermillion

*Short notice: This is a long chapter. 📝 Enjoy reading :)
_______________________________________

The rating game ended and unfortunately, the ORC suffered defeat. Issei sacrificed his arm to attain a temporary Scale Mail form but even with this power, the group didn't stood a chance against Riser and Rias was forced to yield.

They are currently attending the red head's engagement party and the group was clad in stunning dresses and tuxedos.

" Damn it." Issei clenched his fists as he observed Riser greeting the guests while holding Rias by his side. " I can't believe we were too weak to defeat him. I thought our training was enough."

" Issei-san." Asia said in a soft tone. "We shouldn't lose hope. We still have Erin-san."

Issei's mood brightened upon hearing the Goddess' name. He looked towards the red head and wished fervently in the air.

" Just hang in there, Buchou. We will get you out of there. Erin will definitely find a way. I believe in that."

Meanwhile, Rias was drained at the turn of events as she kept on giving fake smiles for the past hour. It didn't help that Riser kept holding her close which only fueled her unease.

"Will you please stop holding me, Riser?" Rias spoke in an annoyed tone as she glared at the man.

"What are you whining about Rias? A deal is a deal. You lost to the rating game so you have no choice but to accept your fate." Replied Riser with a sneer.

Rias can only sigh and she casted her gaze on the air, remembering Erin's words.

" When you seem out of options to beat Riser, I'll be your last resort and option to beat him."

"Please..." Rias thought with intensity. " Make me believe in your words. I'll be waiting and counting on you."

Riser suddenly called for everyone's attention and he dragged the red head with him to make an annoucement.

" Greetings, everyone. It is my utmost pleasure to welcome you all to witness the union of the Phenex and Gremory Clan. I am grateful that you attended this event to formally acknowledge my engagement with the heiress of the Gremory Clan, my soon to be beautiful bride, Rias."

Rounds of applause resonated in the room and Riser continued speaking.

" That is why, I am -

*(BOOM!)*

Gasps were heard and Riser angrily looked at the source of commotion.

"What is going on there!?"

"Riser-sama!" A guard bowed down." An intruder has infiltrated the area! We're doing our best to-

" You should be!" Riser roared and pulled him by his neck. " What good are you if you can't even do your jobs properly? Stop whatever it is from ruining my party!"

"H-Hai, Riser-sama!" The guard stood up but before he can go outside, 2 wolves paraded the hallway causing the audience to step back in fear.

" W-What is that Creature?"
" Is that a hell wolf?"
" What if it's going to attack us?"

Tsubaki fired at the curtains causing some of the guest to step back and hide. Azusa froze the guards who were planning to restrain them.

" My, Aren't you being mean Mr. Phenex? You didn't even invite me to your party."

The ORC smiled in relief upon seeing the Goddess and they blocked anyone who was planning to capture her.

" Not so fast." Kiba said as he blocked the enemy.