Specials! 2: The Problem with Sleeping 😴

Erin never had any issue with sleeping. In fact, it is one of her past times whenever she doesn't have important things to do.

That is until Rias came living in the household and the Goddess' sleeping pattern seem to be disrupted.

" Heya Master!" Tsubaki greeted with a quick wave. "Where are you off to?"

"Guest room." Erin blankly replied. She was holding a pillow in her hand and had tired looking eyes. "It seems like I won't be using my room for a while. Or even forever. Who knows."

She made her way to the room and the twins looked at each other.

"You think it has something to do with Miss Rias?" asked Azusa. The fire wolf shrugged his shoulders.

" Maybe. She's staying on Master's room so I guess they had a quarrel on who gets to have the room? "

Flopping on the bed, the Goddess sighed in irritation as she massaged her temples. Rias and her had another nonsense fight which involves the red head's peculiar habit.

Rias is known to always sleep in the nude. The red head declared that she will have difficulty falling asleep if this wasn't the case.

Erin, of course, commented that the red head must be out of her mind. It was bad enough that Rias kept insisting to sleep next to her; the girl being used to her privacy. So when Rias openly displayed her weird habit, the Goddess had no second thoughts about leaving the room and sleeping in the guest room.

" Ah. I miss my room." Erin thought with anime-like tears and hugged her pillow.

________________________________________
It was past midnight and Erin soundlessly entered the house, trying not to wake the other occupants of their household. She recently got back from her Night Drives, her hobby where she takes a trip to the skies just to clear her thoughts and relax.

She passed by Issei and Asia's room; making sure to keep her foot steps silent. She decided to check up on her room and see if Rias wasn't there. If it was empty, the Goddess could finally have her space back to which she mentally cheered.

She turned the lights on and was surprised to see the red head rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

"Where have you been?"

" Why are you still awake? And what the- I told you to wear your clothes." The Goddess rolled her eyes as she felt like another nonsense fight would ensue.

" We don't need that much sleep due to our enhanced abilities."

" Oh yeah? Well it doesn't mean we do not get tired at all." She pointed to the clock. " It's 1:25 in the morning, Rias. You should have been asleep by now."

" I was waiting for you." Rias admitted in a low tone and looked away. " And frankly, it makes me sad that you aren't sleeping next to me." She added, referring to Erin sleeping in the guest room.

"Are you doing this out of enjoyment?"

" Huh?"

" Why are you acting this way? " Erin crossed her arms and slightly glared at her. "Stop this drama where you act like you are love-sick or something. This isn't funny anymore, Rias."

" Who said I was acting?" Rias' voice came out louder at the accusation.

" What do you call this then? Another one of your peculiar habits?" said Erin as she made air quotations.

" Why can't you see that I'm doing this because I have feelings for you!" Rias nearly shouted.

" Bullshit." Erin scoffed and turned back to the door. "Why would feelings play into all of this? You're confusing it with your enjoyment."

She was about to step out of the room until she heard slight sniffles behind her. The Goddess instantly faced Rias back.

" I.. I was very happy when you arrived at the party, you know?" Rias had her head low. "I was shouting in my mind and desperately wanted to reach out to you while we were watching your fight with Riser."

Erin listened intently, though she had no idea where the conversation is headed.

"And when onii-sama declared you as my new fiancée, it was enough to send me to a state of joy... even if I knew deep down that it was just a pretense."

Rias looked up at her.

"I was happy. Because even if our engagement is fake, it will give me a chance to get closer to you and hopefully show you what you mean to me."

Tears brimmed her eyes which caught Erin off-guard.

" So please... Don't think that what I am showing you is fake because it hurts to get my feelings questioned. Even if you won't reciprocate it, it's enough that you acknowledge it and not throw them away."

Erin slowly approached the red head and kneeled down on the bed to face her.

" Rias.. This is...." The Goddess was speechless and scolded herself for the lack of response.

" I don't know what to say... I-" She looked away. " I really don't know.."

The idea of Rias liking her never crossed the Goddess' mind. Yes, Tsubaki mentioned that Rias had a crush on her but Erin didn't think much of it. Moreover, how is she supposed to know that the red head is slowly developing feelings for her? Does she even like the same gender?  When did she start falling for her anyway?

These questions invaded her mind but she just shut them off and hugged Rias, having no other ideas on what to do.

" I'm sorry..." Erin said and Rias just hugged her tighter. "I'll be more sensitive to how you are feeling.... though I still don't understand why that is."

Rias nodded at this even if it hurts that the Goddess didn't believe her feelings.

" This is enough for now..." She thought.

" And I'm sorry for arguing with you about your habit. I mean. Come on, who even sleeps in the nude? " Erin said as she tried to lighten the mood. " Maybe you are one of the rare people who does that. I was just caught off guard with it so I apologize."

Rias lightly chuckled and wiped the few tears in her eyes.

"If it helps, I will just wear my clothes if it really makes you uncomfortable."

" Uh no. " Erin quickly replied. " You kept mentioning that you will have difficulties falling asleep so carry on. Don't mind me. I'll try to get used to it. " She awkwardly said.

" Does this mean that you'll be sleeping here from now on?" Rias calmly asked but with hope in her eyes.

Erin still felt awkward sleeping next to Rias' nude form and more so when the read head openly admitted that she have feelings for her. However, she decided to just deal with the issue knowing how persistent Rias could get.

" It'll only get more awkward if I keep avoiding her."

With a sigh, Erin nodded and Rias happily pulled the Goddess next to to her. She cuddled and quickly wrapped an arm over her waist.

After a few minutes:

" Um..... Rias?"

" Hm?"

" Can you at least wear something underneath? I feel like I can't get used to this that easily."

Rias just ignored her and snuggled closer leaving Erin no other choice but to sleep.

- End of Chapter -

Author's Note: The talk between Rias and Erin is supposed to have a light mood where things would end up in a funny way. I seriously didn't notice how or why their atmosphere turned serious. I just kept writing and voila, the result is this.  😅