Chapter 42: Fall for Me

"Rias-san, I can't heal away the gash on Erin-san's abdomen." Asia thought in a worry as she hovered her hands above the wound.

" This is the same as the cuts suffered by Irina-chan." spoke Issei in upset.

" Sona, we'll be needing your help again."

" Understood. Leave this matter to us."

Sebastian transferred the Goddess to Saji's hold.

" Erin-san! Please hang in there!"

"Please take care of my sister." bowed Sebastion and the gesture was returned by Sona.

The girl ordered the other council members to take in charge of restoring  the school's form before she left with Saji and Tsubaki.

Following that, Erin spent a day at the Sitri residence. She was still unconscious but the Devils managed to remove the harmful magic left in her wounds. When Sona informed the ORC that Erin is now safe for them to heal, Rias wasted no time in bringing the Goddess home.

She would order Asia to use Twilight Healing and Issei would guard over her. He would tell the Goddess stories and other casual talk believing that it would speed up her recovery.

Alas, after 2 days, the Goddess was finally conscious.

" Uh.... Where am I again?"

She tried to move and noticed a slight pain on her abdomen. The area was bandaged and she also noticed her naked upper body. Glancing at her side, she can see Rias sleeping and clinging tightly on her arm.

" Nghhh."

" Rias..." She called out.

The red head stirred and woke up. Her eyes widened when she realized that Erin was now conscious.

" Erin! Yokatta-

" Ow!"

" Gomen." Rias mumbled as she remembered Erin's wound. " I can't just hug you in a rush on this point."

" What happened after that attack?"

The red head narrated the past events and told the Goddess that the Academy was restored by the Student Council.

" That's good to hear." Erin remarked. She remembered her identity being discovered that time.

" I'm sorry."

"For what?"

" I didn't tell you guys about my real identity." Erin said in gloom. "You thought that what I showed was my true identity so it appeared that I was lying to all of you."

Rias nuzzled closer to her side and rubbed her arms comfortingly.

" You don't have to apologize. We understand that you have your own reasons. But in all honesty, you got us surprised."

Erin looked down and their faces were close.

" How so?"

" Well.. who would have thought that I reincarnated a Goddess? Now the mutated piece made sense along with you being able to activate that Sacred Gear." chuckled Rias.

" I thought you are able to connect the dots or have some suspicions." Erin said in amusement. " I mean, you did learn that our lineage served the Greek Gods. Didn't it occur to you about the possibility of one of the Gods being my father?"

" Hmm. It didn't. But I did notice how you didn't inherit the signature black hair and red eyes of the Vermillion lineage."

" Should I commend you for that?" Laughed Erin which earned her a glare.

" Ow. I should probably avoid laughing too much. My wound hurts from the action."

" Serves you right."

Erin decided to question their naked state but she remembered Rias' peculiar habit and her being naked must have been useful to speed up her healing.

" You know, I can remember Issei visiting me when I was half-unconscious."

" Oh that. He would indeed guard you for some time and tell you stories. He said that it would help you heal."

" I see.. I remember him whining about his cancelled reward? Or what was that?"

" What reward?"

" I dunno. You told him that you would allow him to do anything to you and whatever."

" Oh.... I remember that." replied Rias timidly and blushed.

An evil thought formed on Erin's mind and she decided to mess with the girl.

"You know what, I don't want to be with you right now."

" Eh?"

" You told Issei that you'll let him do anything he wants with you, correct? So why don't you join him instead. Get out of my bed."

The red head visibly panicked and Erin internally laughed at this.

" I don't want to deal with cheaters who can't even stay true to their words." She attempted to leave the bed for added effect. "And you kept saying about your feelings in the past. So forget it and just leave me-

" NOO!"

Rias pulled her down and was quick to place a kiss on her lips. Erin's eyes widened at this. She didn't expect for it to happen.

" What The- I was just messing around! What is she getting so worked up for?"

Rias pulled away after a few seconds and she gazed on Erin's shocked face.

" I only want to do things with you. I don't want to do anything with him." She whispered and caressed Erin's face.

" Wha- I was only joking." Erin averted her gaze, a faint blush on her cheeks because of Rias' words and actions.

" How could she say those embarassing things so casually?"

" Erin.. look at me." Rias gently moved her face so their eyes would meet again.

" What?"

"Would you get mad if I kiss you again?" asked Rias lowly.

" Geez.. You really have no shame, do you?" replied Erin in an equally low tone.

Rias connected their lips again and Erin shut her eyes closed.

" This sensation.. it's different from what I've felt with Akeno."

They didn't hear the knocks on the door and continued kissing for some time.

With a final peck, Rias released her lips and the two were catching their breath.

" I'll make sure you fall for me.. Remember that."

*(Door opens)*

"Oh, I apologize. Please go on." Sebastian closed the door and walked off.

The two stopped in their places and Erin was the first to recover from the shock.

" Do you need help putting on your clothes?"

" No, thank you." Replied Erin as she buried her face in her hands. " I suffered enough embarassment for now."

- End of Chapter -