Chapter 43: Knights with a Bond

After dressing appropriately, Erin and Rias went down to the living room. They were greeted by Archaea and Sebastian who were glad at the Goddess' recovery.

Archaea apologized for not being able to help during the fight but Erin just waved it off. She assured her mother that the matter was taken care of.

" The task you did is vital for our household. Besides, Sebastian accompanied me so no worries."

"We'll be leaving shortly, Archaea." Rias bowed and the 2 members excused them.

" Where are Issei and the others?"

" They are currently gathered in the Club room. We forgot to welcome the others so it's like a mini celebration at the night."

" Oh okay." replied Erin though she was slightly confused.

Rias summoned a teleportation circle and they arrived in the club room within seconds.

Noticing their arrival, the ORC instantly greeted Erin and the first to approach her was Issei. The boy would have given the Goddess a bone-crushing hug if he wasn't stopped by Rias.

" Careful, Issei. Erin is still recovering from her injury."

" Oh sorry, I forgot." Issei sheepishly said and scratched the back of his head.

The Goddess opted to hug him by the neck instead and yanked him down with her.

" Don't worry, Issei. I missed you too. And thank you for guarding me during those days."

" Yeah haha. No problem." replied a slightly flustered Issei.

Tsubaki pushed him away and the boy protested. The Fire wolf hugged Erin followed by Azusa.

" We're glad you're back, Lady Erin."

" And you kicked that bird's ass too! So freaking awesome!"

Erin rolled her eyes in amusement and scanned the other occupants of the room.

Kiba gave her a warm smile same as Koneko who was munching on a candy. Asia was cheerfully waving at her while Akeno looked at her longingly.

" Wait.. Xenovia-san?"

" Hai. Nice to have you back, Erin-san."

The Goddess looked at Rias in confusion and the red head explained.

" Xenovia is now a member of our peerage. She holds the knight piece same as you and Kiba. She enrolled as a 2nd year student yesterday."

" That's right. I begged Rias-san to accept me on her peerage seeing that I have no other place to go."

" Then what about Irina-san?"

A gloomy expression crossed Xenovia.

" Irina went back to our headquarters. She brought the broken fragments of the Excalibur with her. Moreover, her faith is stronger compared to mine and she wasn't present when Kokabiel mentioned that God is dead. That's why, she still held her faith intact."

" I see.. She must have found it hard to accept the decision of you being reincarnated as a devil." Erin said in worry.

" The next time we meet, we might cross each other as enemies.."

" Damn. It must be hard for Xenovia to adjust to this new lifestyle. Imagine being a devoted follower of the church and being reincarnated to something your teaching definitely despise."

" Xenovia-san, it's going to be okay." Asia assured with a smile. " It's going to be hard at first but I can definitely say that I enjoyed my new life being under the peerage of Rias-san."