Chapter 50: Gasper

"{In our case, reaching Balance Breaker has another alternative. If you manage to train enough and have a strong drive to reach the Form, then we might reach the next level using our own will.}"

"That's good. I don't want to rely on pure luck just to reach a certain form. Moreover, having to undergo intense feelings just for the power to break through." Erin sipped her drink in disbelief.

" What's up with that requirement? A cliché anime move where the Main character becomes overpowered just when he is about to die?"

Voltaire laughed and agreed with her words.

"{ You're right. But generally, that is how Balance Breakers and other forms are achieved. In fact, that is what we've been doing to advance the level of the Gear.}"

" I'm just glad that we can reach another level using our own will."

"{ So what are we going to do next, my child?}"

" I'll continue with building my strength. I managed to be on sparring sessions with Sebastian at home. I will also utilize whatever time I have to train even at school."

" { That's good. But too bad for those girls and random boys who fawn over you. Hah.} "

Erin rolled her eyes.

" They are not my focus at the moment. I'm not Issei whose purpose is to build a Harem."

" { Hm. But we can't deny that those particular girls are getting agressive.}"

" You're right." sighed Erin. " My lips are in danger. I should probably get a mask or something."

" { But did any of them successfully made your heart skip a beat?}"

" Fudge, Voltaire. Let's just focus on other things, okay? This type of talk creeps me out and the 2 of us look awkward discussing the topic. It doesn't suit us." Erin said as she felt shivers on her skin. Voltaire laughed at her reaction but eventually agreed.

On the other side, Rias and the others stood outside a sealed door. Issei grew curious seeing the number of locks placed in the door.

"Buchou, is your other bishop that dangerous?"

" You'll see."

Rias opened the door with magic and they stepped inside the room. The place is dimly lit and Rias gently called out the bishop.

" Gasper. I know you are in there." She crouched down beside a mini tent

" B-Buchou? Wahh! I can sense that there are a lot of people!" came the high pitched voice.

Rias gently removed the tent upwards and it revealed a small figure curling up in fear.

" Wha- How is she dangerous? She's just a little girl." Issei gasped.

Rias went beside the bishop and hugged him.

" This is Gasper Vladi. He is actually a boy and he's a 1st year student."

*(DING!)*

Issei's sanity left him for a moment.

"T-This cute girl is a b-boy?!"

" Ara, Gasper-kun just likes to dress-up as a girl."

" It's a shame that he choses to stay locked out when he could have garnered the greatest number of clients from the devil tasks." Koneko added.

"Really?" Issei couldn't believe those words.

" Yes. Even now, he completes devil tasks just by using his computer and staying here in this room." said Kiba.

" Wow. Gasper-san is amazing." Asia remarked.

"Come on, Gasper. You don't have to stay here forever. You can go out now."

" NOOO! I don't wanna! The outside world is scary!"

" Come on man. Buchou already said so-

*(FLASH)*

Gasper disappeared from his place before Issei could touch him. The members were confused by what happened especially seeing Gasper hiding on another spot.

" Gomenasai! I-I didn't mean to." He cried out.

" Buchou.. What just happened?"

" Gasper's gear is called the Forbidden Valor view. Basically, he has the ability to stop time."

" But as of the moment, he just uses it to escape." Koneko deadpanned.

"Fufu. When Gasper-kun gets excited, his gear activates unconsciously. It is one of the reasons why he is sealed away. He can't control his power."

Rias sighed at this.

"Gasper's gear is potentially dangerous if not properly controlled. I'm hoping you could help him overcome his fear of venturing the outside world as a first step to control his power."

Issei held a fist up and replied in determination.

" Hai. You can count on us, Buchou."

" I already asked Erin to help you in this task but unfortunately, she won't be available for the majority of the day."

"Where is Erin-san, Rias-san?" asked Xenovia, noticing the girl's absence.

" She had some personal matters to take care of. Training and other stuff."

" I see.."

" Akeno and I have to discuss some details with my brother regarding the Faction's Summit. That's why, I'm leaving the task of training Gasper to the rest of you."

" Hai, Buchou."

"And Kiba." The knight looked at Rias. "Can you come with us to the discussion? Onii-sama wanted to ask you about your Sacred Gear."

"No problem, Buchou."

The three stepped inside a magic cirlce and left the room.

Issei then looked at Gasper with determination.

" Okay, Gasper. We'll be starting our training today and after this, you won't have to hide yourself in this cramped place anymore!"

" NOOOO!"

*(FLASH)*

Gasper freezed time for the second time, making the group's work a little difficult.

- End of Chapter -