Chapter 34: Sword Clash

The group arrived at an open field and both teams were on their positions.

"Miss Knight, I shall let you see how graceful I am during this fight with my childhood friend." Irina declared in glee as she unsheathed her sword.

" Oh my dear lord. Is this perhaps a blessing or is this a curse? I have no choice but to fight my childhood friend Issei-kun but at the same time this encounter led me to my fated Knight." She kneeled for a dramatic effect.

"I'm not fated to anyone or anything." Erin replied with a roll of her eyes.

" My sword is the Excalibur Mimic. It shape shifts to some forms depending on the user's will." The girl proudly declared.

" Holy- How many Excalibur swords are there, actually?" Issei asked in confusion after seeing the weapon.

" There's only one Excalibur Sword but it was broken into 7 fragments and thus, led to the present Excaliburs."

" Soka."

Xenovia and Kiba also made their stance. The girl unsheathed her sword and Kiba looked at it with hate.

" Come, fellow knight. Show me what you are made of."

" SWORD BIRTH!" Kiba shouted and several swords emerged from the ground.

" Impressive. I never had the chance to witness Kiba's sacred gear." commented Erin.

" Sword birth allows Yuuto to summon several demonic swords from the ground." Rias explained.

" Heh. Let's see how your demonic sword would fare against my holy sword." Xenovia was in battle mode.

*(Clang!)*

The two dashed at each other in speed and the sounds of swords clashing echoed in the air.

Issei and Irina also engaged in their fight. The boy was desperately trying to avoid Irina's attacks.

" Whoosh!"

" Shit! I thought this was just a friendly match." Issei remarked as he nearly got hit by Irina's sword.

" Dear lord, please forgive me for attacking my friend. But I need to uphold my duties and that is to purify evil!"

" Issei, focus on concentrating your attack so you will land a solid hit." Erin commented.

" Wakata. That was my plan from the start."

" [ BOOST!]"

" Take this!" Kiba slashed his sword but Xenovia efforlessly dodged the attack.

" No matter how many swords you use, it would be futile when you can't even land a single hit." smirked Xenovia.

" Grr. Why you-"

*( CLANK!)*

"[BOOST!]"

" All right. I gathered enough energy to execute my hidden skill." The boy was laughing creepily and the others grew confused on this.

" Wha- Why are you staring at me like that? You're giving me the creeps!"

Erin's eye slightly widened and she called out to Issei.

" Issei?! Are you seriously gonna do that move?"

" What do you mean, master?" Tsubaki asked.

" I have no choice, Erin! This is a good opportunity to subdue Irina-chan and also show you how useful the move is!"