Chapter 23: Twin Wolves 🐺

The ORC arrived at the Familiar Forest where they were greeted by a man who claimed to guard the area.

" Greetings. My name is Zatouji. I am a Familiar Master and I will guide you on finding the perfect Familiar for you. Just tell me what your preferences are. Big ones? Small ones? The Fast ones? Just name it." He finished with a grin.

" Is there a Familiar which helps me spy on Girls?" Issei asked which received odd stares from the group. " What?"

" HAHAHA, A pervert I like it." Zatouji said, amused by his words. "There's no specific familiar which fits that description, boy, but who knows." He shrugs his shoulders. " You might be lucky."

Issei's eyes beamed at this and the rest of the members silently wished that the boy won't encounter such familiars.

Zatouji gave them a tour and explained some important points of the forest. He explained where certain familiars could be found and which area of the forest holds certain types.

"The lamia breed is found mostly on the western region." He said. "Since that area has a lower temparature than the others, it is a perfect place for the Lamias to breed and reproduce."

They continued walking until a winged creature flew past them. It flew in circles until it decided to settle on Asia's shoulders.

" Eto....."

" Woah, a dragon." Issei said in amazement." What is he called, Zatouji?"

" That familiar is a Sprite Dragon. It is generally hard to catch and difficult to tame." The man replied thoughtfully. " Though it's a surprise how this one willingly approached your friend. He must have taken a liking to her."

The Sprite dragon snuggled closer to Asia causing the girl to giggle. The other members tried to pat the dragon's head but it only gave a little threatening roar.

" It seems that he isn't so fond of people aside from his owner." Kiba said.

" Well, that and the fact that he's -

*( ZAP!)*

" OWWW!"

The ORC members watched Issei hold his hand in pain. The Sprite dragon electrocuted the boy and Zatouji shook his head at this.

" Sprite Dragons are also extremely wary of other Male species. So I suggest that you take a step back before approaching him."

Kiba nodded at this while Issei only pouted, wincing at the pain

" It seems like you found your familiar, Asia." Rias said. " Would you like to keep this one?"

" Hai! Buchou." Asia happily replied and the Dragon roared. " I'm naming him Rassei."

" Rassei?" Asked Issei.

" Well.. um, he is named after you." the blonde replied shyly.

" Oh..." said Issei as he faintly blushed. " Nice to meet you Rassei"

" ROAR!"

Issei hid behind Asia and the girl scolded the dragon for reacting that way.

" One down. Two to go!" Zatouji announced as they continued walking

Erin could sense an imbalance on a particular area and the Goddess frowned at this.

" Why is that area covered in burned trees? And wait... The temperature seems lower than normal. What's up with that contradiction?"

Zatouji explained on how the area was attacked by 2 stray wolves. The wolves would mostly burn or freeze the area driving the other familiars away.