Chapter 74: The Plan

"Looks like we made it through for now."

Azazel remarked as he and the other Faction Leaders discussed about Loki's attack.

"Ajuka teleported Loki and Fenrir to a far off land but that is only a temporary solution." Sirzechs said.

" Yes. I am sure he will attack again."

Odin stood up as he spoke in determination.

"As the leader of the Norse, I take full responsibility. To defeat Loki, I shall return North to retrieve the Mjolnir."

" L-Lord Odin." Rossweisse said in slight surprise. " But wouldn't that require someone with immense power to wield the weapon?"

"Hai. And that's why I'll be lending the help of the Dragon Emperors, particularly." Odin said as he turned to Sirzechs.

"You're thinking of letting either the Red Emperor or the Blue Empress use Mjolnir to defeat Loki?"

The Norse God nodded at this and Sirzechs pondered on the idea.

" Well, if you let Erin-chi wield the weapon, she would be able to do that with ease." Azazel interjected.

" Hm. You're right. Being a Goddess of Olympus, her power would be enough to wield the hammer. Not to mention, her affinity to lightning so the compability is increased seeing that Mjolnir is the weapon of a thunder god." Odin said.

" I meant to say that she has the natural affinity to wield weapons but yeah, that works too."

Azazel turned to Sirzechs.

" So it only leaves us with Erin-chi agreeing to the idea."

On cue, the Goddess entered the conference room with the twins by her side.

" You called for me earlier, Sirzechs?"

" Yes. We wanted to hear your thoughts about our plan to capture Loki."

The Goddess seated next to Serafall and the twins stood behind her. The Maou slightly became conscious by her presence but focused back on the agenda.

"What is your plan?"

" Lord Odin is going to retrieve the Mjolnir. We would like to ask you to wield the weapon and hopefully use it to subdue Loki before he can retaliate with greater force.

" I see..." Erin seemed to be in deep thoughts and the Leaders waited for her response.

" I would have no problems doing that. But I'm afraid that there are a little complications."

" What do you mean, Erin-chi?"

" Being a Goddess...  I have certain duties to uphold especially when it concerns my lineage. Though I am yet to return to Olympus, I am aware that I have certain restrictions and I can't act freely on certain matters without consulting the other Deities."

Erin sighed and continued.

"Point is, I can not pursue enemies directly especially if they involve other Gods and Goddesses. I represent the Olympus as well so I'm afraid that if I act head-on on subduing Loki, it may cause some repercussions between the Greek deities. Moroever, I'm not even sure if I am allowed to fight him."

Sirzechs nodded at this though it was slightly disappointing.

" I understand. It could have strenghtened our forces if you are to engage the enemy on the frontlines." He faced the other leaders.

" This means that we have to make another alternative. Erin couldn't fight Loki head on unless he poses a grave possible threat. She can only act as a complimentary aide for the meantime."

" Hai. I would only be a 2nd option in case the others would fail on subduing the enemy." Erin agreed.
"But rest assured. If the threat is too grave that there is no choice but to face Loki, I can attack him at that time."

" Very well. I thank you for your offered assistance, Blue Empress." Odin said as he made a slight bow.

" This means we'll have to let the Red Emperor wield Mjolnir then."

" Is he capable in doing so?" Ajuka said in slight worry.

"I believe Issei can do it if he puts his mind on the task." Erin replied. " After all, we both have the power of the Dragon residing in our gear. It would be able to help in the task somehow."

"My restraint on Loki would only hold him for a day at maximum." The Leaders grew tense hearing this. " I'm afraid that if we can't retrieve the Mjolnir at the soonest possible time, Loki and Fenrir can escape if they aren't stopped by the time their restraint breaks.

" That is bad. My trip back to the North may also take up a day." Odin said.

" It seems we have no choice but to kill some time for the Mjolnir to be transported." Sirzechs said in a serious tone.

" We're going to send an attack force to act as a diversion and slow Loki down while awaiting for the Mjolnir." Ajuka suggested.

" Hai. And we will be in charge of guiding the base of operations here." added Serafall. "And just like the Blue Empress, we can't exactly move to fight Loki head-on too. There is a chance that another large scale war would occur if we are to take that route."

"If that happens, what Loki calls Ragnarok, and the chaos of war that the Khaos Brigade wants, will commence." Azazel thought.

" I can only send 10 people at a time. Each of the Factions should have their representatives."

"We should decide right now. There is no time to waste. The Angel Faction would be sending Irina." Michael announced and the oranged haired girl stepped forward from the shadows.

" I should also participate as well, Lord Odin." Rossweisse said. "Our enemy is a God of Asgard so it is proper that I go."

" 2 down. I guess this leaves us with choosing the other members from your sisters' peerage. Sirzechs and Serafall."

The two Maous called the girls and within minutes, The ORC and Council trio arrived.

" Onii-sama." Rias greeted in recognition. She casted a glance at Erin before turning back to the Maou.

" We have some important matters concerning Loki. And we would be needing your help."

Sirzechs explained their plan to stop Loki and buy some time for the Mjolnir to arrive. The ORC volunteered to go except for Asia and Gasper. The Maou required the two to stay behind so the base would be strengthened. As per the student Council, Sona, Tsubaki-senpai, and Saji participated.

"For my side, I'll be sending Erin-chi as a support." Azazel smirked and the Goddess just let him be.

"We can't take action on the frontlines to avoid a large scale war so the other leaders would stay here while Erin would be the last resort when the plan fails." Sirzechs informed.

The group nodded at this and accepted their task with determination.

- End of Chapter -