Chapter 72: Kuroka

Short Notice: This chap is looong. It reached 3K words ✏ Enjoy reading :)
_________________________________________

Rias saw the Goddess leaving in a rush so she immediately excused herself from the guests and followed the girl.

" Koneko-chan!" Erin called out but the mascot girl already boarded the elevator. The Goddess proceeded to use the empty one beside it.

" She went down. But which floor did she go to?"

The red head entered the elevator she was in which took the Goddess by surprise.

" Rias?"

" What made you so panicked?"

" Koneko suddenly ran out of the room." Erin replied as she went on choosing a random floor. " It's like she was chasing something."

" I see.. but I don't want to cause a scene just in case it wasn't anything serious. Let's look for Koneko together."

Erin nodded at this and the two searched for the girl. They eventually went outside the venue where Rias summoned her familiar.

*(Poof)*

" My familiar already located Koneko. She's running not far from here."

" Let's not waste time." Erin said and the two raced to the girl's direction. The Goddess used her natural speed to reach Koneko faster.

" I can see her a few meters from here." Erin thought as she squinted her eyes. "If my guess is right, she's heading solely towards the North direction."

" E-Erin.." Rias slightly panted as she caught up with the Goddess. "Slow down. We might stumble if you run in that speed." she added since their dress was restricting their move.

Erin didn't listen to her and had a different agenda in mind. She suddenly halted and yanked Rias' hand and carried her bridal style.

" Wha- What are you doing?"

" It's faster this way." replied Erin without looking at her as she summoned her wings.

*(WOOSH!)*

Rias slightly flinched from the sudden movement and she placed her arms on the Goddess' neck.

" Y-You could have warned me." Rias said with a slight blush due to their close proximity."

" I apologize but we don't have much time."

They flew a distance and Erin saw Koneko stop from her movements. They reached a forest and the Goddess landed behind a tree where they can observe Koneko talking to a stranger.

" Are you all right?" Erin asked and the red head nodded timidly.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." replied Rias in a low tone as she found it hard to speak because of their closeness.

" I'm sorry, but we don't have much choice right now. We might get seen if we cause too much movements." Erin awkwardly said as she realized their position.

" It's been a long time, hasn't it?" The stranger said as she looked at Koneko.

" Just as I thought. It's you."

" Hello, Shirone." replied the stranger with a smirk. She was lazily laying down on a tree and observed Koneko from above.

" I only sent a little bit of my chi your way and you came here in a rush. Big sister is really moved."

" Big sister Kuroka, what is the meaning of this?"

"Oh, don't make such a scary face." Kuroka said which caused Koneko to glare at her. " I heard there was a big party going on so it just perked my interest a little."