Chapter 86: Old Satan Faction

Short Notice: Long chap ✏ Enjoy reading
_________________________________________

*(Whoosh!)*

Erin noticed Xenovia practicing her sword skills. She decided to drop by her room as she observed the girl in silence.

Xenovia leaped and did a spiral turn as she slashed her swords in the air. She landed gracefully on the floor and was mildly surprised to see the Goddess leaning on the doorway.

" Oh, Erin-san."

" I noticed the lights were on." smiled the Goddess as she entered the room.

" The Game is fast approaching. I have to prepare while I can."

" But weren't you training pretty hard even before the sun went down?"

" Well.. I'm weaker than Kiba." Xenovia said with a hint of sadness. " And I hate to admit it but he has a lot more innate talent than me. Moreover, I feel like I'm the weakest out of us 3 even though we are the same Knights."

" In my eyes, you and Kiba are both amazing." Erin assured. " And don't think that you are weak or something. Just like you said, we 3 are the Knights of the peerage so we should support each other to overcome our shortcomings."

Xenovia smiled warmly at this and thanked the Goddess.

" All right." Erin summoned the Ascalon sword and offered it to Xenovia.

" Here. Use it."

" Huh? But - "

"It may not have the same strength as Durandal but isn't it better than the wooden sword you are using?" Erin said as she glanced at the other sword on Xenovia's hand.

" You sure?"

" Yeah." smiled Erin and Xenovia accepted the sword.

" If you need it, ask me anytime. We are all comrades here and I'll be willing to help my comrades any way I can."

" Comrades...." Xenovia pondered on the word and faced the Goddess.

" Hey, I just want to ask. What are your plans on the long run?"

" My plans?" Erin uttered curiously.

" Hai. I remember the others saying their plans or purpose. For instance, Kiba's plan is to stay by Buchou's side and offer his help to her family. Issei-san is for him to build a harem and declare himself a harem king."

" I see....." Erin looked ahead and voiced her reply. "Until now, I've always been supporting others. My task in Olympus was to follow orders and help the other deities. In our household too, I am tasked to protect and fulfill the client's request."

She faced Xenovia and held a determined look.

" That's why, if I will have a purpose, maybe that would be to help others achieve their purpose too. My plan is to support others and be the help they need in order to advance their dreams."

" I understand.. You are really admirable, Erin-san." Xenovia remarked in adoration.

" So you'll be helping anyone from the Olympus, other beings, and the devil side right?"

" Yes. Especially if they are important to me and are close people."

" In that case, if you are to help a majority of the devil side, why don't you consider forming a peerage?"

Erin blinked in surprise and Xenovia started explaining.

" Forming a peerage?"

" That's right. On your Goddess side, you can already do a lot of things because of your position. However, it would be different on the devil side because you are still considered an inferior devil."