Specials! 1: Night After The Game

"Kuso.. I can't believe we haven't found anything."

" I suppose our search would have to continue for another time." Erin massaged her temples as she and the twins were unsuccessful with their task.

" But how is it possible? I am certain that the path towards Master Hade's lair lies here somehow." Azusa said as he scanned the road covered by thick trees.

" Don't stress yourselves too much. Besides, it has been a long time and we can't guarantee that Uncle Hades' didn't switch bases.. or is he even here at all." replied Erin.

" But still...."

" It's okay, Tsubaki." She patted the Fire wolf's back. "We can try again and maybe we'll get lucky."

Tsubaki nodded but still held a frown in disappointment.

" There's nothing left for us to do here. We should head back for now."

"Are you perhaps looking for something?"

The trio turned their heads in an instant and were immediately on defensive mode. Tsubaki and Azusa growled at the cloaked stranger.

" Fear not. For I meant no harm." said the man as he removed the cloak covering his face.

The Goddess squinted her eyes at the stranger.

" He looks familiar.."

" Greetings, Erin Vermillion. Or should I say, the Goddess of Olympus who is Apollo's daughter?"

"Stay back!" Erin prevented the wolves from lunging at the stranger. She then glared at the man with intensity. " Who are you?"

" Look closely." He replied .
" You might recognize me based on someone you know."

The Goddess glared at him but observed his features nonetheless. She recognized the bluish-green eyes and the red hair.

"Could it be.. You're Rias' brother?" exclaimed Erin in realization. " So that means you are the Current Maou or Lucifer."

" Correct. I'm glad you recognized." replied Sirzechs with a smile.

"But that still doesn't answer my question earlier." Erin went back to defensive mode. " How did you know about me?"

" That would require some time for explaining so would you heed my request for inviting you to a walk?"

The trio shared a look and after a few seconds, Erin nodded in resignation.

" Fine. But you better be telling the truth or else there would be consequences."

" Very well." Replied Sirzechs in affirmation.

----Time Skip -----

Sirzechs explained the events which happened during the Great War. He revealed that Erin's death was hidden from the books which was agreed by the major rulers of each Faction. They believed that it is best to bury things in the past so as to take a step towards a new beginning and peace.

The twins were angered by this, saying how unfair it is and they were just letting the killer go unpunished.

" But I never said anything about you not being able to take action." Sirzechs remarked mysteriously.

" You mean..."

"Yes. It was indeed agreed that we forget about the incident. But it was never decided that the one responsible should be left unpunished for what he did."

" So Master can still go after him." Tsubaki spoke as he understood what the Maou meant.

Sirzechs further explained the circumstances regarding Erin being transformed to a devil. The Maou had been aware of her presence when Rias came asking for a mutated piece.

"The mutated piece is only needed when someone you are about to revive or transform is powerful enough or came from a highly notable blood. " He continued. " It is rarely used so when Rias asked for my help to get another piece, I was curious and decided to do some research."

Sirzechs' posture became serious

" Through my research, I managed to discover your household including the services you offer to your potential clients."

"Are you saying you want to perform a contract and make a request?" Erin cut to the chase.

" Yes, and it actually involves Rias."

The Maou explained about the ORC's defeat and Rias' engagement party in the next days. Erin was shocked and couldn't believe that the group failed to beat Riser.

" And they trained so hard for that.." Erin mumbled.

"Riser's strength was too much for them at the moment. Rias had no choice but to accept defeat."

" So I'm guessing your request is for me to break off the engagement and crash the party." She adorned a serious look. "No problem. I've been wanting to teach that chicken a lesson anyway."

Sirzechs smiled at this and added his final reminders.

" And I want you to beat him hard. To the point where he'll be screaming and regretting the moment he pushed through with this engagement."

Erin smirked and kneeled down on one leg, hung her head low, and a fist to her chest. It was the gesture of accepting the Maou's order and ultimate obedience to fulfill her task.

" As you wish."

- End of Chapter -