Chapter 81: Erin's Offer

" I'm glad to see you well."

" Hai. We're happy to see you again."
added Asia as she and Xenovia talked with Irina. They were now in the Clubroom since it was lunchbreak.

"Me too. Asia! Xenovia!" Irina rushed to give them a hug but the two girls backed away.

" What's wrong?"

" The cross hanging on your neck. It stings." Xenovia replied sheepishly.

" Oh, that's right. Devils can't stand crosses." Irina clasped her hands in apology. " Sorry, hehe."

" That person is from the church, right?" Gasper asked Issei and the latter nodded.

" Why is she here at this school?" Kiba wondered.

*(Door Opens)*

" It looks like everyone is here-" Rias stopped from her speech as she scanned the room.

" Where are Erin and the twins?"

" Ah- that.." Issei awkwardly scratched his head as all eyes were on him. " She kind of walked out on us to avoid certain people."

" What do you mean?"

" I told you we won't be joining on that!"
" Come on, Erin-san. It's just 2 contests!"

Erin opened the door to the clubroom as she continued to argue with Kiryuu

" It's not enough that you forced us in joining that swimming contest. You're going to force us to ride horses too?!"

" But you three are good at it."

" Hell no! We're just going to absent on that day so bye bye." The girl was about to protest but the Goddess closed the door.

"Ara, who was that?"

" Just Kiryuu Aika." Erissei replied in unison as they both heaved a sigh.

"That girl. She tricked me on joining that three-legged race."

" And the whole class ganged up on the twins and I to join the swimming contest." cried Erin in anime-tears.

" A-anyways.." Rias cleared her throat as she prepared her announcement.

" Irina Shidou. I welcome you in this school."

" Rias-san, Minna. Please take care of me." Irina cheerfully said and made a bow.

Erin seated herself on the couch and Koneko climbed on her lap.

"Rias, what's the meaning of this?"

*(Flash)*

" I already told him that we won't be needing her."

The group looked at Azazel who teleported to the room.

" With the Khaos Brigade on the loose, Michael was worried that Devils and Fallen Angels weren't enough to protect the school so he volunteered his forces."

"Well, we did form an alliance." Kiba said.

" So there's no way we can refuse her." added Akeno.

" You must be at ease now that I, a reincarnated angel who received Michael-sama's blessing, is here!" Irina declared as she made a twirl, summoning her wings and halo.

" A-angels are scary." Gasper hid behind the couch.

" I'm surprised that humans can become an angel."

" With God's death, new angels can no longer be born. I'm sure they used the same methods that Fallen Angels and devils use." Azazel explained.

" A high-level angel has the title of King and has family cards from Ace to Queen. I was chosen as one of Michael-sama's brave saints!"

"I see. We are chess pieces while the Angels are cards." nodded Kiba at Irina's words

Asia was interested at the discovery and proceeded to ask Irina.

"So what card are you, Irina?"

" I'm glad you asked. I am an Ace." Irina placed a hand on her chest proudly. "I was honored to receive the Ace Angel position from Michael-sama. I could die from happiness now. Thank you, Michael-sama!" she assumed a praying position.

" Sugoi. So now, the pillar in Irina's life is Michael-sama." Xenovia nodded at Asia's words

"Yes. You can still be saved even if you lose your master. Just like us."

" We will be having a celebration at the Vermillion Household to welcome Irina on our club." Rias announced as she took a seat next to the Goddess.

"Oh, that's fine by me." Erin said with a shrug.

" And Erin.. Irina will be living with us from now on." Rias sweetly said.

The Goddess blinked in surprise and squinted her eyes at the red head.

" You could have informed me beforehand so I can tell Sebastian and mom. Not that I'm not agreeing on letting her stay." sighed the Goddess.

She suddenly remembered something and motioned to Kiba and Gasper.

" Kiba, Gaspie."

The two looked at the girl in surprise.

" That reminds me, why don't you two live in the house too?"

The boys looked at each other and nodded with a smile.

"If that's all right with you, Erin."

" Yes! I want to spend time with Erin-senpai!"

"Then it's decided! It's like a celebration for you too. Kiba, do you need help packing up your things?" Erin asked excitedly.

" Hai. The help would be appreciated since my apartment is far from here. We could save time."

"Me too! Me too! Do you want to visit my apartment, Erin-senpai?" Gasper asked with delight.

The Goddess nodded and ideas rushed to her mind.

" Hai. And after that, we can talk about a lot of things." She turned to Kiba. "We can share a room for the meantime, Kiba. It's like a Knight's bonding time and we will further strengthen our knightliness."

" Hey, Erin! Include me on that one too!" Issei interjected.

Kiba shared the same determination at the offer and raised a thumbs up.

" That would be great, Erin. Let's do that."

" Hai! Let's do- OW!"

Rias held the Goddess by her cheek as she stared at the girl passively.

" I appreciate your offer on letting Kiba and Gasper stay at the house but aren't you getting carried away? There's no need to share a room with Yuuto."

" But I want to talk with Kiba- Ow!"

Koneko pinched her other cheek.

" Senpai. Listen to Buchou."

Erin whined as she massaged her cheeks. Azazel quickly decided to join on the offer.

" What about me, Erin-chi? Aren't you going to invite me to live in your house too?"

"There's no need Azazel since I know that you can't leave your place. Your research is vital there."

Azazel chuckled at this and nodded.

" You're right. Though I won't turn down the offer to join your club's celebration. I'm the advisor, after all.

"I'll be assigning some of the members to buy foods or materials for the celebration. Issei, Asia, and Erin. I'll be asking you to buy a couple of the food we need."

Issei and Asia nodded at this but the Goddess protested.

" Can you send Xenovia-san or the others instead? I already announced that I'll be helping Kiba and Gasper pack their clothes."

"No." Rias replied with a tight-lipped smile. " The others are busy so you're going and that's final."

- End of Chapter -