Chapter 64: Train Trip 🚈

"{ Are you still having flashbacks from the past, my child?}"

Erin sighed and nodded at Voltaire's question.

" Yes. I don't know why they keep appearing now out of all times."

"{ Hmm. And those unsatisfactory ones too.}"

"Having lived for many years... I witnessed quite the tragedy during my messenger duties." She made a wisftul scoff. " Kind of makes me think that the world isn't so perfect and ideal. Everything is just a messed up cycle."

"{That holds a certain truth and unfortunately, you happen to be there at at the wrong place and at the wrong time to witness such tragedies.}"

"I guess that just shows how incompatible we are to form a lasting relationship to someone who isn't our same kind." Erin leaned on her seat and closed her eyes. "The typical Olympian trait must have rubbed off on me."

Voltaire stayed silent at this and realized that this is one of the reasons why the Goddess finds it hard to form an intimate relationship with others.

On the other side, Issei and the two onee-samas were playing a card game with Asia as a spectator. Xenovia and Kiba fell into a conversation of their own while Gasper was seated close to Koneko.

" I didn't imagine that we'll be taking a train towards the Underworld." Issei said as he made his move.

"Devils of the noble family are in charge of taking the official route so we had to take the train whenever we visit." Rias replied

" Koneko aren't you going to take your lunch?" Gasper asked the girl who seemed out of herself.

" Koneko?"

" Ah-Gomen.." replied the girl lowly and Gasper grew curious on this. " I'll have it for another time."

"Can I have it instead, Koneko-chan?" Tsubaki asked with a grin and the girl was slightly surprised at his presence, not aware that he was sitting close to her the whole time due to all her thinking.

"Ah-yes, Tsubaki. You can have it."

" Arigatou, Koneko-chan." replied the wolf cheerfully as he accepted the plate.

"My, Tsubaki. You aren't contented with the loads of plates you finished that you'll go around asking for the lunch of others." Azusa remarked with a sigh.

"We are now passing through the Sitri Residence. Estimated time of arrival will be 20 minutes from now." came the announcement of the train and Issei curiously looked out the window.

" Wow, I didn't know that President Sona's house is just around this corner."

The mentioned girl entered the train on cue together with Saji and Tsubaki-senpai.

" Saji, you're here too?"

" Yep. We will be having our training in the underworld. Next time I see you, I will be stronger and beat you on battle." Saji said in a determined tone and Issei nodded at this.

" I'll look forward to that battle.

" Hello, Rias." Sona greeted the red head who returned the gesture. " We will be hopping off the train in a shortwhile. We just wanted to say a quick Hi seeing that we boarded the same train."

Issei suddenly remembered the spell incident and he faced Sona.

" President Sona, I-Um. Thanks for lifting the spell which Erin and I suffered."

" Oh, that.. No problem, we were glad to help."

" That was crazy, bro. Anyways, where is Erin-san?" Saji asked after remembering the unexpected 'kiss.'

Rias beckoned to the Goddess to approach them and the girl obliged.

" What do you need me for, Rias?"

She motioned to the Council trio and Erin greeted them.

" Hi there, President Sona." She gave a small smile and turned to the others. "Hello, Saji and Tsubaki-senpai."

" How are you feeling after that spell incident?"

" I'm fine. Thank you for healing me, President." Erin made a small bow. "I hope I wasn't much of a bother that time.

Saji made a sheepish laugh and Erin raised her brow at this.

" Nah, It was fine. We were just caught off guard when you kissed-

" Genshiro." Sona gave him a sharp stare which instantly shut him up.

"I kissed who?" Erin furrowed her eyebrows. "I can't remember anything. I'm guessing the treatment had something to do with it."

Saji awkwardly waved his earlier words as he flailed his hands.

" Ah- Nothing. I meant to say that you were... Right! Kissing the air. You tried to kiss the air, haha."

Erin looked at Saji oddly and was mildly surprised that she tried to do such things.

"Really? I'm sorry for the trouble then. I guess I was acting like an idiot during that time."

" We'll be heading off now." Sona made a bow and they left the train.

Azazel soon entered and made an announcement.

"I hope you are doing fine. Aside from the training, the other reason you were called is that the Faction Leaders would be meeting a Norse God."

" Really?" Issei shot up from his seat in surprise and gave a quick glance on Erin. " There are other Gods and Goddesses?"

" Yes. Aside from Greek Mythology, we have the Gods from Norse Mythology, The ones from Mount Shimuru in Buddhism, and many others." Rias replied.

" Sugoi.. I hope I meet a pretty Goddess to add in my harem." Issei had his eroge face on.

Azazel laughed at this and replied

" That depends on chance. The Gods and Goddesses from each mythology have their distinct characteristics. For instance, the Greek deities are known for being extremely attractive beings." He motioned to Erin. "You have a certain proof right here."

Erin ignored his comment and voiced her thoughts aloud.

"Norse God? So you're meeting someone like Odin from Asgard?"

Azazel nodded at this

" Won't this attract the attention of those terrorist forces?" Erin wondered. "It's likely that they would target this meeting of yours."

" That is exactly one of our plans in conducting this meeting." Azazel replied with a glint in his eye. "Aside from forming a pact, we would draw the enemies out."

" Wow. Another one of those baiting missions." Erin remarked with a roll of her eyes.

" Ara, we're approaching Buchou's hometown now."

The Group looked out the window where they could see several octagon shaped lands from above.

" B-Buchou's family owns all this land?"

" Hai. All of those are part of the Gremory estate." Rias replied

The train suddenly halted and they looked at each other in surprise.

"I think we're experiencing some technical malfunctions. I'll go check what it is." Azazel said and disappeared to the other room.

*(SWISH)*

There was an upside down movement and the ORC members were kicked out of the train.

- End of Chapter -