Specials! 14: The Switch 🔁

Short Notice: This Special Chapter would probably be the longest one out of all the Specials! along with #15. Anyways, Enjoy Reading 😊
_______________________________________

"It's been a while since we were last ordered to take down a stray devil." Issei said and the Goddess agreed at this.

" Well, you already know the drill." Azazel said in a carefree tone. "Finish the task and return."

The ORC stepped inside the magic circle and teleported. They arrived at a forest and the group immediately scanned the area.

" I'm surprised it isn't an abandoned warehouse this time." Erin said.

" Be on your guard, minna." Rias said cautiously. " The enemy is well versed in using magic particularly illusion spells.

" Got it, Buchou."

They walked further inside the forest and Issei was slightly creeped out.

" Geez. Is it just me or is this place kinda creepy?"

" Hehe, not at all, Issei-san." Gasper said as his eyes glowed with delight. " I love the darkness."

"Wha- Erin, look at Gasper!" Issei pointed to the boy in fright. "His attitude is scary."

The Goddess sighed and lightly shoved him away.

"That's just his nature and please walk properly. We'll fall down if you keep pushing me."

*(Snap)*

Rias stopped walking and the group followed. The red head looked up at the tree branch who seemed to suffer some cracks

" Koneko. Can you sense someone on a nearby distance?"

The girl concentrated as she heightened her senses. She then nodded in silence.

*(BOOM!)*

Rias delivered a magic blast and the silhouette of the mysterious being can be seen running off."

"Everyone, we have to catch that stray!"

*(WHOOSH!)*

Xenovia and Kiba ran in speed while Issei prepared his gear. The Goddess summoned her wings and flew to the sky to have a good view on where the enemy was heading.

*(ZAP!)*

" Ara, ara. You can't escape for long." chuckled Akeno after using her lightning.

Rias and the others eventually cornered the stray who was sent backwards to a tree.

" [BOOST!]"

" Give it up, buddy." Issei said seriously.

When the boy delivered a strong punch, he was shocked to see the stray disappear.

" Where did he go?"

" I'm guessing it was just an illusion." Rias said in annoyance.

*(BOOM!)*

" Over there!" Asia pointed to the source of the attack and the group hurriedly ran.

They can see a mummy writhing in the ground and the Goddess was hovering a few meters above.

*(Lands)*

" Good job, Erin." Rias said and turned towards the enemy.

" His illusions were a hassle. It's a good thing I can identify the real one by identifying the aura signature."