Chapter 90: A Heart's chaos

Short Notice: Long chap ✏
_________________________________________

"That damned Ouroboros. She did something unnecessary."

Loki's voice echoed in the confinements of his prison. He was chained through his feet and his cold gaze lingered in the darkness

"However, there are still things that can be done." His eyes held an evil glint. "Feel this down to your very bones.. Blue Dragon Empress. Ruin Princess, you as well."

The said Empress was still unconscious on her bed. 5 days already passed but she was still in a coma-like state. Fortunately, Issei already recovered with the help of Asia's enhanced healing powers. The ORC decided to spend the days on the Gremory Estate instead of bringing the girl to the Vermillion Household. This was under the suggestion of Azazel and the group just followed what the man said.

*(Door opens)*

" Hmm. Erin-chi, you're still not up?" Azazel mumbled as he visited the Goddess' room. The latter was unmoving and her Sacred Gear manifested on her neck. The gem on the glear glowed faintly and the Fallen took notice of this.

" Can I ask you some questions?" The Fallen leaned on the wall. "Not Erin-chi.. I'm talking to you, Midnight Dragon."

The gem glowed brighter and Voltaire's voice was soon heard.

"{ Hmm. What does the Governor-General of the Fallen Angels wanted to ask?}"

" I wanted to ask about the power Erin released at that time."

"{ I'm sure you already have some idea about this. But yes. My host invoked the Juggernaut Drive sealed inside of her.}"

"Yes, I do have an idea." Azazel nodded. "Juggernaut Drive is a forbidden skill that forcefully releases all the power sealed within a sacred treasure."

"{ If invoked, the user will temporarily have power that even surpasses the Gods.}" Voltaire continued.

"{ But in exchange, they lose their life or shorten their lifespan drastically.}"

"I see. That would be bad for both Issei and Erin." pondered Azazel.

"{ I consider my host a special case. Since she has a Goddess side, that would denote that her power would further be amplified when activating the Juggernaut Drive. She has tremendous light attribute as well so it would be used as a substitute instead of wasting away her life force as a reincarnated devil.}"

Azazel waited for the dragon to continue, sensing that he was conflicted about something.

"{ What I'm wondering.. Is how something that dangerous could be invoked. I understand that my host's despair and past trauma contributed for the power to be activated. However...}"

" However, what?"

"{I didn't fathom that the negative energy would be so high that it would render my host unconscious.}"

" What do you mean?" Azazel was intrigued.

"{ Something was controlling my host's feelings at that time. Though I am not sure what exactly. I have my doubts that it might be the negative feelings which materialized into a certain form but I'm baffled as to how it gained that much power.}"

" That is indeed a mystery." Azazel remarked with slight seriousness. "I guess that is also the reason why Erin has slower recovery compared to the Red Emperor. The damage she suffered must be deeper and more fatal."

"{We can say that.}" Voltaire sighed.

"{ I'm afraid that if my host isn't healed within the next few days, the damage will worsen.}"