Chapter 22: Reward

Sona visited the ORC to talk with Rias. The two casually brought up some topics until they mentioned an agenda which included the ORC members.

" We will be going to the Familiar forest this month since our new member will be needing one."

" Is that so? I think we will be having problems with that since we already scheduled the month as well." Rias replied. " 3 members of my peerage will be getting their familiars."

There was silence and the ORC members could imagine an electric current generating between the two leaders.

" That is indeed a problem, Rias. But we already planned this beforehand so I'm thinking that maybe you can re-schedule?"

" What are you saying, Sona? We will be the ones going to the Forest this month and that's final."

"................................."

*( stands up)*

" Well then. I'm also not giving up this one. How do you suppose we will be settling on who gets to go to the forest?"

" Let's have a votation on who gets to go!" Issei interrupted. " I nominate Buchou to go to the forest." The rest of the ORC raised their hands and Erin face-palmed at this.

"Idiots. Of course that would be a given and that's hardly even a votation." Thought Erin to the obvious bias

" Why don't we settle this through some games and the first team to get 2 points will be the winner?"

" Games?" Rias curiously asked.

" Yes. We will settle this through some ball games. The first one will be dodgeball. The second will be volleyball and the third one will be Tennis."

Rias pondered on the suggestion and she nodded her approval afterwards.

" All right. Who gets to play which?"

" The rest of our peerage would be the ones participating in Dodgeball and Volleyball." Sona continued. " And we, together with our Queens, would be the ones playing Tennis." added Sona with a glint in her eye.

" Oh, are you sure about that Sona?" Rias replied in a serious yet slighty mocking tone. " Haven't you heard of my skills in Tennis? The 101 types of attacks via Gremory-Style?"

" I'm certain I haven't. But what I'm certain about, is that we will be the victors in this match."

" Bring it on, Sona." Rias replied with a slam of her hands.

The two shared a heated look before Sona excused herself and left.

" Are you two mortal enemies or..."

" Sona is my close friend and also a rival."

Erin was dumbfounded at this.

"So you two are like.. Frenemies?" The Goddess made an unreadable expression at that.

" If you're going to say it like that then yes."

"Woah. So they are like Voltiare, Ddraig and what is that other dragon called..." Issei whispered. " Anyways, Buchou. Don't we have a say in this? What if we don't want to participate in the games?"

" You are part of my peerage and whatever decision I make affects you." Rias then continued with a mischievous look in her eyes. " So No. You have no choice but to participate."

-----Time Skip ---------

The first game was dodgeball and it is held on the school's gymnasium.
The rest of the ORC members are going to play except for Rias and Akeno.