Chapter 54: A Song

Short Notice: You'll be singing in this chapter at some point. Lalala🎶
_________________________________________
A flash of light erupted in the room and the leader of the Angels stood in glory.

" This sensation.. I can feel a weird mix between recognition and rejection. It's making my skin crawl."

"{ That is your light and devil side contradicting each other, my child.}"

The angel made a bow after seeing Erin. His gesture surprised Akeno who was observing their interaction.

" Greetings, Miss Erin. My name is Michael, the current supervising leader of the Angels. I was informed from my sources that a Goddess has set forth on this land. Though you are reincarnated as a devil, it can't be debated that the deities of Olympus are natural guardians of humans. This extends to the Angel Faction as well."

" You don't have to make such gestures." Erin awkwardly said.
" Please raise your head."

Michael obliged and they seated themselves on the floor.

" I came here to give a gift. This was discussed by the higher-ups and I believe that you are the most capable user to wield this one.

Michael raised his hand and a sword emerged from the light, floating in mid-air.

" This is the Holy Sword Ascalon. It is popularly known as the Dragon Slayer because of the feats made by the previous wielders. I shall entrust this sword to you."

" Why are you giving this to me?"

"A lot of things has happened recently." Michael held a serious look. " The current Faction leaders wanted to uphold peace and to achieve this one, we have to maintain the status quo and fight whatever forces that may disrupt this peace."

Erin nodded at this.

"There are still mysterious forces outside the realm of heaven and hell which might strike all sides just to cause chaos. That is why, we should observe all precautions when drastic times occur."

" And by giving me the sword, you are increasing the chances of maintaining peace by increasing the strength of those forces allied to this cause." added Erin.

Michael smiled at this and nodded.

" Okay. I shall accept this gift."

Erin stood up and raised her hand towards the sword.

"{ Swords naturally pose dangers to users of a gear containing the spirit of a dragon. However, you have the blood of a Knight and a powerful light atttibute as well. There shall be no problem to acquire holy swords even if you possess a devil attribute now.}"

The sword seemed to respond to Erin's presence as it moved willingly to her direction. Upon touching the handle, the sword shined in another light and blue markings appear on the surface, which resemble a crooked lightning.

" You are truly the destined user for Ascalon." said Michael in awe.

" Now I have my sword to match my Thunder Shield." Erin said as she gazed at her new weapon.

" I believe my objective is finished here. I shall attend back to heaven since we still have matters to discuss."

" Oh, before that. Can I request something to you? I shall ask it the next time we meet."

" If it is a request from a divine deity, it shall be executed without problems." bowed Michael before he left.

Akeno prepared some drinks when it was only the 2 of them left.