Specials! 9: That Devil Job

" Okay everyone. I'll be needing the number of devil jobs you completed this week."

The ORC members nodded as they submitted their forms to Rias. The red head summed up the numbers and gave a satisfied expression.

" Good work, minna. These number would surely raise our reputation and our funds as well."

" Can we use the funds for our own purposes?" Issei asked who obviously had a lewd plan.

" Well, you'll be getting a portion of the funds so you can do whatever you want with it."

"Yes!" Issei fist-bumped into the air and imagined his awesome scenarios on his mind.

" Wait.. have you seen Erin?" The red head asked the boy.

" Didn't you sent her on a devil task earlier, Buchou?" Issei replied.

"Ah, you're right." Rias was in deep thought. " But she is supposed to return any moment now. What is taking her so long?"

" I think that is Erin-san, Buchou." Kiba pointed outside the window. They saw the Goddess exit a car and an attractive man helping her up. They spoke for a few seconds until the man kissed Erin on the forehead, much to the shock of the ORC.

" Wha- Who's that?!" Issei exclaimed loudly after witnessing the exchange.

"Does Erin-san have a lover?" Asia wondered.

" No way!" came the synchonized protests of Akeno and Rias. They both looked at each other in surprise before looking back at the window.

Erin smiled at the man and they hugged for the last time which increased Rias and Akeno's irritation.

" Who does he think he is hugging Erin like that!" Issei angrily said which caught Koneko's attention.

" Senpai. Do you like Erin-senpai?"

" Hah?" Issei was caught off-guard. He can feel two pair of eyes glaring at him and he quickly explained.

" Ah-No. I like Erin but not that way."

" But why do you seem so mad, Issei?" Rias asked in suspicion.

"I-I wasn't. I'm just jealous that he's acting that way over Erin. I'm the only one who should do that easily." His answer intensified the glares he was receiving.

"AH, I mean, Erin is my best friend. And that man is a man and I don't like it when Erin gets close to another man. Doyouget what I'msaying?" Issei was sweating nervously by now.

" Hmm. I understand." Rias looked at him suspiciously for the last time before averting her gaze. Issei breathed in relief.

They saw Erin making her way towards the club room and they quickly scrambled to their previous positions.

" I'm back." The Goddess greeted and placed some forms on Rias' table. "I forgot to give those. That is the total number of Devil jobs I completed this week."

" Thank you." Rias quietly replied. And in a much louder voice, she continued.  " Where have you been?"

" Uh, to the task you sent me to?" Erin replied in confusion.

" I see.. And what does the client want this time?"

" Do I have to explain everything now?" Erin replied with a frown.

" Yes." came the response of the members.

"Ugh just the usual task." Erin dismissively said as she sat on the couch.

"And does this task involve forehead kisses and farewell hugs?" Rias asked with a fake smile.

The Goddess narrowed her eyes at this.

" Were you spying on me outside?"

"Does it?" Rias countered back as she ignored the question.

Erin gave off a sigh in annoyance

"Look. I don't know what's your deal when you were the one who sent me to this task." replied the Goddess matter of factly.

"Yes. But you are also aware of the rules we established that all members are forbidden to get intimate with the clients they get from the devil jobs."

" There's a rule like that?" Issei shot up in surprise.

" Really? I don't remember having that rule." Erin was lost.

" Yes there is." Rias confidently said. "And I'm making that one now."

Issei sulked in despair hearing this and the Goddess squinted her eyes at the red head.

"But what would you do if that is one of the client's request?"

" What do you mean?"

" The client you saw outside requested me to act as his girlfriend." Erin replied in nonchalance.

" WHAT?!"

" You heard me. And I'm pretty much drained attending that fancy party." The Goddess groaned as she proceeded to lay down on the couch.

" We need to review the requests of our clients next time, Buchou." Akeno said in a calm tone though it was obvious she was upset.

"You're right, Akeno. We shall do that right away." The red head turned back to Erin.

" But why does he have to kiss you and hug you? Is that still part of your contract?"

" Of course it does. Even if it wasn't stated, it was implied especially when I have to act as his girlfriend."

" And yet you're enjoying it way too much." Rias spoke in jealousy.

" What can I do? I gotta play the part." replied Erin like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Rias pouted and was visibly upset until Erin said something to shake her up.

" But he didn't kiss me on the lips or anything. Unlike someone out there."

" Wha- What are you saying?" Rias was slightly flustered.

"I don't like him like that. If that's what you want to know." The Goddess had her eyes closed.

" I wasn't asking about that- Hey!" Rias protested but the Goddess was already fast asleep.

The sight just made her mentally smile and she vowed to blacklist those jobs that require pretend dating.

- End of Chapter -