Chapter 62: New Advisor?!

" Even if it was for a short amount of time, you used the Gear to release a large amount of power. You've probably run out of energy by now." Azazel said as Issei stood up.

" Yeah.. I'm feeling drained too."

" Issei-san! Let me help you." Asia assisted the boy on his steps.

"It looks like we finally have our peace." Akeno commented which was agreed by Kiba.

" Hai. I just hope that we won't get attacked by stronger forces in the future."

Koneko and Gasper looked down hearing this and they silently walked away from the group.

"Chief Michael." The Goddess approached the Angel who immediately faced her.

" About my request before."

" Yes, I remember. I shall grant that one especially when it is within my power." he smiled.

"Can you allow Xenovia-san and Asia-chan to pray without getting hurt?"

The mentioned girls gasped at this.

"I can see that they both are devoted to praying and are still followers of the teachings of the church. It would mean so much to them if you will grant this request."

"I see.. Is that true, ladies? Will you still pray even if you know that God is not present?"

The two nodded and were quick to reply.

" Hai. Michael-sama. Even if I am reincarnated as a devil now, I still believe in the teachings of the church."

" The same goes for me. I will still pray even if God is not present and I shall offer my prayers of thanks and appreciation to you, Michael-sama." added Xenovia.

Irina stepped in and voiced her thoughts.

"I shall ask the same in their behalf, Michael-sama."

" I-Irina.."

" This is the least I could do for the mistakes I did, Xenovia. I thought that you were betraying us without really knowing the whole story. I'm sorry for that."

" You don't have to apologize. I completely understand." smiled Xenovia.

" I apologize as well, Asia-san. I called you mean things when we first met you."

Asia was quick to dismiss her apology.

" Don't worry about it, Irina-san. I'm not really mad about it."

" Awee~ How cute. Friendship between devils and believers of God." Serafall gushed.

"Will you fulfill their wish, Michael? It will also serve as a symbol of our peace agreement." Sirzechs persuaded.

"Hmm. I will. What's the worse that could happen if I grant 2 devils the ability to pray without experiencing pain? Besides, if it is the divine deity who asked me of the request, I shall fulfill it without question." Michael replied causing Erin to smile at him.

" Oh, thank you for this outcome. We owe this to your guidance, dear God."

" Ow!" Xenovia and Asia suffered some pain as they chanted the prayer.

" Give it some time, ladies. I still have to return to headquarters and change the system."

Michael faced the Goddess back.

" Thank you, Chief Michael. Is there any way that I can repay you for fulfilling my request?"

" You already did a notable service by fighting off the enemies and defending the school. If I can ask for such thing, maybe I will just ask for your guidance as a divine deity."