Chapter 84: Astaroth's Trade

" We'll be having a rating Game?"

" Yes. It will be similar to a tournament to see the strength of the next Devil Generation." Rias explained.

" If Loki hadn't attacked, it would have happened during Summer break."

" I'm scared of fighting!" Gasper said and snuggled to Erin's side. The Goddess only managed to pat his head since her lap was occupied by Koneko.

" Young Devils.." Erin mumbled. " So we'll be fighting against someone like Sairaorg?"

" He's the leading candidate for the championship. His strength is on a completely different level. Luckily, we won't be able to face him on the 1st round."

" Hah! He's nothing compared to master, Gremory-san." Tsubaki interjected proudly. "With Master on your support, your group would rank as the highest!"

"I will have to agree on what Tsubaki says." Azusa said with a nod.

" Well, I'm afraid they set a lot of restrictions on you, Erin." Rias sheepishly said.

" EEH?"

"What do you mean, Buchou?" Issei asked in confusion.

" The Underworld is aware of the abilities of Erin. Her fights with Kokabiel, the White Emperor, and Loki, proved that she is already powerful at this point."

The red head continued

"That's why, if she is to participate in the Rating game, she is allowed to only use her abilities as a Devil. Nothing more."

" They restrict me from using my Goddess powers and other skills, eh?" Erin sighed at the revelation. " Are they sure that the skills they witnessed is what I have in total, though?"

" What do you mean?"

" They can't restrict something they don't know." smiled the Goddess mischievously and the twins smirked at this.

" You have other skills aside from your weapon arm and hypno eyes?" The Goddess chuckled at Gasper's term on her Geass.

"It's called geass, Gasper. And do I have other skills? Maybe. I don't know. It's a secret for now." winked Erin to the vampire.

" Is the bracket already decided, Buchou?" Koneko asked.

" Hai. Our first opponent is Diodora Astaroth."

Issei and Asia flinched at this while Erin and the twins smirked evilly.

" Oh wow. Looks like you'll be hyped up for this match, Issei." said Erin as she placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

" Erin...."

" We won't let that creepy guy steal Asia away. Let's beat his face to the ground." Erin said in determination.

Issei's conflicted expression was replaced with the same determination as he eagerly nodded at the words.

" Hai! We will."

Rias summoned her magic and a screen appeared on the clubroom. It showed Sairaorg's fight with Zephyrdor. The former easily defeated the enemies with his brute strength and he managed to knock out Zephyrdor with a single punch.

" A-Amazing..."

" This is the power of the one who stands above other young devils?" Kiba asked in surprise.

" Even though he is a substitute, Zephyrdor is not weak."

" Substitute?"

"The original successor in his family died in an accident."

*(FLASH!)*

A green magic circle appeared on the floor causing the members to look at it in surprise. Rias narrowed her eyes at the familiar signature.

" Astaroth."

Diodora emerged from the magic circle. He politely introduced himself and made a bow.

Rias motioned for the man to sit on the couch opposite to her. The other members went behind the red head and stared cautiously at Diodora.

" Issei-san.." Issei held Asia's hand and gave her a reasurring smile.

Diodora stared at the group for some time. He silently thanked Akeno who delivered a beverage on his table.

" Allow me to get straight to the point." He glanced at Asia. " I would like to trade bishops."

" No! Does he mean me?" whined Gasper

" Of course not." Issei replied and the vampire sighed in relief.

" You wish for Asia?"

" You are quick to the uptake." chuckled Diodora. "It is not a bad trade."

He summoned his magic showing 2 members of his peerage.

" Sorry, I have no interest in doing a trade. Asia is a valuable devil in my household. I also think of her as my little sister."

" Buchou.." Asia was touched at the red head's words.

" Trying to get the woman you proposed to through a trade. Do you really understand the meaning of courtship?"

Erin raised her brow at Rias' words.

"Wow. And you understand what that is?" thought Erin as she remembered Rias' persistence to cuddle naked and steal kisses from her.

The Goddess noticed the girl about to blow a fuse by the slight flicker of her hair strand. She silently sat next to Rias and held her hand to calm her.

Diodora stared at the red head lazily until he stood up from his seat.

" I understand. I will go back for today but I will not give up."

The group eyed his movements warily and was surprised when he kneeled down in front of Asia.

"Our meeting and our reunion was fate." He grabbed the girl's hand. "Even if everything in this world gets in our way, I will be sure to overcome it all."

" What are you doing to Asia?!" Issei exclaimed.

" I love you, Asia." He proceeded to kiss her hand but the twins were quick to block him.

Azusa pushed Asia behind him while Tsubaki laid his hand on Diodora's shoulder.

*(Snap!)*

Diodora swatted Tsubaki's hand with force as he stood up from his position.

" Let me go." He glared at the wolf. " I can't stand being touched by a filthy creature such as yourself."

*(DOOM)*

Erin stood up from his seat and was in front of Diodora in a split second.

" I don't care if I become a stray right now." Erin said with menace as her blue eyes glowed. "I'm willing to shed blood if you insult Tsubaki and Azusa while I'm here."

Diodora smirked at this and leaned closer to the Goddess, not minding her killing intent.

" I'm willing to make an exception for a lowly devil like you." He eyed the Goddess up and down. "Maybe I should trade other pieces for your position while I'm at it."

*(SLAP!)*

Asia's action shocked Diodora.

"Please don't talk to my friends that way!"

" I see.. I understand." He was quick to revert back to his polite mode."

" Red Dragon Emperor and Blue Dragon Empress. I shall defeat you two in battle."

Diodora faced back Asia for the last time.

"After that, I hope you accept my love, Asia."

" There's no way we'd lose to you, Diodora Astaroth!" Issei gritted. " We'll show you the power of the dragons and devils you called LOWLY."

"We'll see about that." smiled Diodora before he teleported away.

- End of Chapter -