Chapter 47: Dragons' History

"Hello, my rivals. I believe I haven't introduced myself the last time we met."

The man made a short bow

" My name is Vali Lucifer. Also known as the White dragon emperor or the Vanishing Dragon."

"What are you doing here?" asked Erin suspiciously.

"I just wanted to drop by and see you even just for a minute. "

*(CHING!)*

Kiba and Xenovia appeared and blocked the man from advancing further.

" Stay back. We won't hesitate on killing you if ever you cause trouble." Gritted Kiba.

" Really? Tsk. You believe you can defeat me given your strength right now?" Vali didn't seem fazed. "I'll tell you that if you can't even knock Kokabiel out then you have no chance of winning against me."

He turned his stare at the Goddess.

" And that would signify that only the Blue dragon empress has the chance of doing so. If ever we got into a fight."

" No way... Is he that strong?" Issei gasped.

"[Albion's user already reached his Balance Breaker. Yours and Miss Erin are still on the developing stage. However, I am more worried about you since your Form is still incomplete and you won't even stand a chance of fighting him on equal ground.]"

" Shit. It is that bad, huh?"

"But if you guys really want to make a scene in front of the Academy." Vali smirked. " Then go on. I won't hesitate on fighting you head-on."

Kiba and Xenovia lowered their weapons in reluctance but still looked at the man cautiously.

"Miss Goddess, or shall I say, Erin Vermillion."

" What?"

" I wanted to know. Where do you think you rank in terms of strength throughout the Underworld?"

" Only a battle crazed lunatic would ask such things. But what can I say? I guess you are one of those." glared Erin which caused Vali to laugh at her remark.

" Splendid. I never imagined my other rival to be interesting in many aspects."

He approached closer to Erin and the Goddess motioned her team mates to step back.

"I yearn to fight strong opponents and it is one of my purpose to become one of the strongest being to exist. That is why, meeting someone who exhibits a strong potential always makes me excited."

He suddenly enveloped the Goddess in a tight embrace shocking the ORC members.

" Can you feel it? This is my rising passion to fight a strong persona. Just by feeling its presence makes my blood boil with anticipation."

"Can't believe we have another weirdo. Who the hell says these things while hugging a person? Ugh. I'm feeling dizzy." thought Erin.

" That's why you should be nurtured properly. Isn't that right.." He glanced to the people behind them. " Rias Gremory?"

The red head had a cold stare as she and Akeno approached closer.

" I don't need your advice on how to guide my servants. Now, if you will unhand her, we won't be having any problems." she added with spite.

Vali smirked at this and released the Goddess.

"You have an important role to play." He turned to Issei after speaking with Erin.

" Same goes for you, Red Dragon Emperor. Though you are considerably at a weak state right now. I hope the two of you will continue to improve so you will give me a satisfying fight when we meet."

"I'll be taking my leave now." was his final words before he left.

"Erin, are you okay?" Kiba asked as he assisted the Goddess.

" I'm fine. I just got nauseous from his hug earlier. His perfume doesn't sit well with me." Erin replied as she massaged her head.

" You two should probably head to the clinic. You don't look so well." Rias said in concern as she motioned to Issei being assisted by a newly-arrived Asia.

" Master! We're sorry we didn't arrive on time."

" Yes. We could have prevented whoever it is from approaching you."

" It's fine." Erin replied. "Just go on ahead. Me and Issei will catch up later.

The twins gave her a worried look but eventually followed the other ORC members.

At the clinic, Erissei were in deep thought.

" Hey, Erin. Do you think we have to fight that punk at some point?"

"As much as I try to avoid that scenario.. Yes. Seems like we don't have any choice." sighed Erin.

" Dammit. I guess we have to train harder then."

" I would prefer not to engage in such tiring fight but given his war freak nature, Nah. I believe I will eventually get involved in this battle."

"Oy Ddraig. You never really told us the history of you 3 on why you became rivals and shit."

" [ During the Great War, all the beings are forced to take sides. However, there are a few who chose to not participate and engage on their own fights instead.]"

" { These beings are called the Heavenly Dragons and their constant fights would disrupt the progress of the Faction's war.}" added Voltaire.

"[ Because of the damage they caused to the Factions, it was eventually agreed that the Dragons are stopped so they would not affect the war.]"

" { The Dragons are cut to pieces and their fragments are eventually sealed in Sacred Gears, containing the spirit of the Dragon.} "

" I see. What is the reason of your fight anyway?"

"[ Actually, it is long forgotten. All we know is that the moment we notice the presence of each other, we are inclined to engage in battle.]"

"My ghad, Voltaire. Don't tell me you are also a battle freak during those times. I thought you prefer having your peace?"

Ddraig chuckled at this and Voltaire explained.

"{ I wasn't really involved in the fights, my child. It was Ddraig and Albion who constantly caused havoc. I guess I was just dragged in their mess seing that I am also a Heavenly Dragon.}"

" [ And we rarely see Voltaire. We just regarded him as a rival because he is also a Dragon and his skills are similar to the both of us.]"

" How so?" Erin was curious.

" [ Voltaire has both the features of  Albion and I at some point. He can Boost the host's powers as well as dividing them.] "

"Nani?!" Issei shot up in surprise. "So that gives him an advantage compared to the 2 of you."

"[ Haha, yes. But as I said, we rarely see Voltaire and we only fought him 2 times.]"

"{ Yes. I am rarely activated and my previous hosts would either avoid the fight or not reach that level to have that power.}"

"Yeah that's right. And I'm not using it against you, Issei. Calm down."

"[You're lucky that the Blue Dragon Empress is on our side, Partner. Now all that is left for you is to train and not just focus on building a Harem.]"

" Hey! That is a terrific dream, Ddraig! Don't underestimate it!"

Ddraig groaned at this which made Erin and Voltaire laugh.

- End of Chapter -