Resistance

No one told Leona about her Blood Frenzy. Her fathers quickly untied her before she woke up.
It's been days, and she still didn't know. She didn't remember a thing about going berserk that night.
Heidern and Gaidel kept it a secret from her. They didn't want her to worry about it.
"Orochi's presence must be growing," Gaidel said. He suddenly thought about something. "Do you think Goenitz came back to life too?"
Heidern looked thoughtful. He didn't actually know if Goenitz did get resurrected.
"I'm actually not sure," Heidern shrugged. "But the possibility is high."
They went to see Leona and saw that she was relaxing with a book and earphones in her ears. She looked up when she saw them.
"Hi papa," Leona greeted, pausing the music. "Hi father."
They just waved at her and left her to relax.
"We need to make sure it doesn't happen again," Heidern said. "You said that you learned how to resist it? Like Yamazaki?"
"I'll teach her soon," Gaidel said. "Let her relax first."
Heidern nodded and started making lunch. He decided to make Leona's favourite salad with mashed potatoes and intestinal sausages.
They all had lunch together in the dining room. Leona had a thoughtful look in her face.
"Are you guys hiding something from me?" Leona asked suddenly. "I feel like you're not telling me something."
The two men looked at each other. Gaidel shook his head slightly.
"Why do you feel that way?" Gaidel asked. "We are not hiding anything."
"I'm still not convinced," Leona said. "I feel that it has something to do with me. I feel like something is up with me."
"Why do you say that, Leona?" Heidern said. "I don't see anything wrong with you."
"Yeah, but I feel differently," Leona said, looking up at them with her blue eyes. "It's like... I had this strange dream where I was trying to destroy my room. And then you two showed up and tried to calm me down."
They both looked at each other again. She remembers what she did? Usually she wouldn't remember a thing...
"Whoa, really?" Gaidel said in a surprised tone. "You must be stressed out, Leona. Nothing like that happened."
Leona slowly nodded. She ate her lunch slowly. Gaidel decided to speak suddenly.
"Leo, do you know how to resist the Riot of Blood?" Gaidel asked while he ate. Leona shook her head, interested. "There is a way to resist it."
He started telling her how when someone rang the doorbell. Leona got up to go get it, but Heidern stopped her and went to check it out.
Heidern answered the door and was greeted with three people.
The New Face Team.
"What are you three doing here?" Heidern asked, sounding annoyed. "If you've come to ask them to join you, think again."
"No, that's not why we're here," Chris quickly said. "We came here to warn you about something."
"About what?" Heidern asked, crossing his arms. "That no matter what they have to 'fulfil their destiny'?"
"No, none of that," Shermie said, shaking her head. "It's Goenitz. He wants to resurrect Orochi. And he came to ask for our help."
"But we declined," Yashiro added. "He needed our help, but we love this life too much to do that."
"What do you mean?"
"We mean that he might come again," Shermie said. "And he might try to brainwash Leona. If he can't get her to help with consent, he would try and force her."
Heidern looked thoughtful. He let them in and went to get Gaidel. Leona had already eaten her lunch and was in the kitchen to wash her plate.
"What is it that you want now?" Gaidel asked as soon as he saw the three Heavenly Kings. "I told you, I'm not interested to help destroy the world!"
"No, that's not what we're here for," Chris said again. "We came to warn you about Goenitz."
They explained about how Goenitz ambushed them at their home.
"We're not interested to destroy the world either," Shermie said. "Because we have been resurrected once, there isn't a guarantee that we would be resurrected again if we die."
"That's why we decided to live our life the way we want, instead of destroy humanity in this world," Yashiro said. "We just came to warn you since Goenitz might try to control Leona."
Leona listened from the dining room. She decided to ask her father about resisting it.
She stepped into the living room and looked at the three Heavenly Kings then at her father.
"Papa, how do you resist it?" She asked Gaidel. "I really want to know and prevent myself from being manipulated by him."
"You know how to resist?" Yashiro asked Gaidel in shock.
"I have my ways," Gaidel said. He went to Leona and whispered to her. Then he turned to the Hakkesshu. "You guys care to demonstrate?"
Shermie and Chris looked at each other. Yashiro got up.
"I'll help," Yashiro said.
"He's just waiting to do it, isn't he?" Chris whispered to Shermie.
Chris nodded and watched.
Yashiro tried to activate the Riot of Blood within Gaidel. He tried really hard, but Gaidel managed to fight it.
"What did you do?" Yashiro asked.
"I can't tell you," Gaidel said, smirking. He leaned towards Leona and whispered to her. "I want you to think of us. Me, Heidern and your mother. Just think of us, and whoever who's close to you. Think of all of the good memories, whatever you live for, just think about them."
Leona nodded and nodded at Yashiro again.
He tried and Leona could feel her blood boiling inside her. Just as her father had said, she remembered her family, her friends, Ralf, Clark, anyone who had been close to her.
Then she remembered Kula, the innocent child-minded girl. Then Rimururu. The two girls were innocent and pure, able to melt even the fiercest of hearts.
Then Whip, K', Maxima and anyone else that had helped during one of the Ikari Warriors' missions.
Then Goenitz. She felt her anger bubbling up and wished to destroy him.
"Calm down," Gaidel whispered suddenly.
She forgot about Goenitz and thought about her fathers. How they both love and care for her.
She suddenly felt her blood calming down and she felt normal. Yashiro was still trying to control her, but failed.
"It worked," Leona said, much to Heavenly Kings' surprise. "I can fight it."
Gaidel was proud of his daughter, and so was Heidern. Shermie and Chris smiled too. Yashiro looked a little pleased, but at the same time confused.
"How?!" Yashiro asked in shock.
"It's the secret of us lower Hakkesshu," Gaidel said with a smirk. "Yamazaki knows this secret too."
"He does?" Yashiro asked in surprise.
"Yep," Gaidel said.
"Good thing too," Shermie added. "If not, Goenitz would be turning him berserk just to kill us or something."
The three of them left and Gaidel gave Leona a hug.
"Don't worry, Leo," Gaidel said, embracing her. "Everything will be alright."
"We're both here for you," Heidern said, hugging her too. "You're our baby, Leona."
Leona teared up, something that she wouldn't usually do.
"You guys are the best," Leona said. "You, Ralf, Clark and Whip are all we got."
They decided to watch a movie together to take Leona's mind off it.