Twists

Ash and Elisabeth wore dark clothing to make it easier to blend into the early morning gloom. They each hid on top of a tree, spying on the entrance of the Bernstein guesthouse through a pair of binoculars. They stayed over at the Bernstein's to carry out their mission.
Adel on the other hand, hid himself up on the porch roof while Rugal watched from behind a bush across the street. Their positions would make it easier for them to surround Saiki and catch him in the act. Jacques on the other hand waited behind one of the shrubs in the garden.
But there was one problem. Just one. And it was a big one.
Saiki is able to teleport.
So Ash made up a plan in his head, and that was to use his ability to knock Saiki out from the back. He has to be careful to not kill him or absorb anything besides his consciousness. That way, Saiki would be knocked out, with his life still intact.
Elisabeth would not have approved of this, so he didn't tell her.
The five of them waited for him to arrive. It was a good thing their binoculars had heat sensors, or else they wouldn't be able to detect Saiki since he always appeared in black smoke and it was still dark.
"This is taking forever," Ash said through his Bluetooth earbud. "And I'm getting hungry..."
His mouth watered at the thought of the Sachertorte that Jacques promised would be waiting for him at home once they're done with this.
"Don't worry, we'll take you guys out for lunch later," Rugal said. "Adel will pay. Right, Adel?"
"Yes, dad," Adel said, a little fed up with the constant reminder. He knew that Rugal kept saying that because it was technically his money, not Adel's since he and Rose inherited everything after his death.
"Be patient, Ash," Elisabeth said, sitting on a tree opposite Ash. "He'll be here."

"Hmph these youngsters think they can catch me by just hiding in trees and shrubs?" Saiki asked aloud as he watched them from the roof of a shop across the street. "Well, they have to do better than that..."
He sat on the edge of the roof, nibbling on some crispy canistrelli. Saiki thought the sound of him munching was loud enough to wake the whole Montmartre- or even the whole of Paris- and was really surprised to find that none of them even heard it.
"They are so lame..." Saiki thought as he finished the last of his canistelli and dusted the crumbs off his hands. What made it even funnier was the fact that the crumbs landed on Rugal's blonde head. Saiki looked down and saw the gender-bent man right below him. He shook his head in disgust. "These people are so lame..."
In a flash, he teleported himself in front of the Bernstein home, laid the gift on the porch and teleported himself away, only leaving a bright, bluish light and black smoke.
Adel quickly jumped off the roof and landed on the porch steps. Rugal jumped out of the bush and ran to him too.
"What the?!" Ash shouted, jumping off the tree and running towards them. "What just happened?"
There was nothing left on the porch steps besides a large package. Everyone else ran up and looked around.
"He got away!" Elisabeth said, frustrated. "Urgh!"
She smacked her fist against the nearest thing, which happened a concrete pole that held up the awning. She heard a slight cracking sound and felt rocky bits on her fist.
Elisabeth looked at the crack she made, horror stricken. The Bernsteins turned to look at her too.
"I'll pay for that," Elisabeth said, not letting composure down. "And for a grand brunch after this too."
Well, who could say no to that?

Saiki smirked as he watched them from above the shop lot again.
"These noobs..." he chuckled as he translocated himself away to the home he shared with Shion.
"They tried to catch me," Saiki said smugly. "But I outsmarted them."
"Master, you better be careful," Shion kept saying. "They might kill you!"
"They won't," Saiki said confidently. "If I die, Ash goes with me. And they definitely don't want that. Well, neither do I..."
"Still, you better be careful," Shion said. "Or else, another paradox may occur."
"Nah," Saiki said lightly. "That ain't happening."
"But you better be alert, master," Shion warned. "Try to stay away from them."
"Pfft they won't be able to find me," Saiki said proudly. "I am the master of stealth!"
Or so he thinks...

"Alright, you were right, Ash," Duo Lon said, spying on Saiki and Shion's conversation through a pair of binoculars through their open window as he sat with an outstretched Shen on a rooftop. "He's taken cover in some girl's place."
"Girl?" Ash asked, confused. "Who? Is it my great-great- whatever- grandma?"
"I'm not really sure," Duo Lon said. "But she looks very Chinese..."
"So I have Asian blood?" Ash said, surprised. "Wow!"
"Dude, that ain't some girl..." Shen said, yawning as he laid back against the terracotta tiles of the roof. "That's Shion, and he's a guy."
"Shion?" Ash said, amused. "And people say I look like a girl. Haven't they ever seen Shion before?"
"That's because no one actually sees him as a guy..." Shen said. He sat up a little and looked over at Duo. "Including Lonny..."
"HAHAHA LONNY!" Ash laughed. "Oh my gosh, the two of you..."
"Oh fine then, he's taking cover in Shion's place," Duo said, annoyed with his friends. "The two of you are terrible..."
"No, it's Shen that's actually terrible one," Ash said, grinning over the phone. "Also, you're the one that thought Shion was a girl despite seeing him so many times..."
Shen started laughing really loudly. Duo Lon stretched his arm out and gave Shen a jab on his side, causing him to jump and lose his balance. He started sliding off the roof, screaming as he tried to grab ahold of something. Luckily Duo Lon was fast enough to grab him with his stretchy arms. He put him down next to him.
Shen was so shocked that all he could do was breath heavily.
"Don't you dare do something like that ever again," the Shanghai man threatened. "I would've survived that fall, but I saw some innocent kids playing down there. I might've squashed them!"
Ash and Duo Lon started laughing at him.
"Where are you guys even at?" Ash asked. "Not on some electric line, I hope..."
"Luckily, no," Shen said. "We're on a roof."
"A roof?!" Ash said, unable to contain his laughter. "Oh my gosh, you guys!"
"As it is we already look out of place in this town, and now we're sitting on a roof of some...some... what is this place again?" Duo said, looking around. Just then, he spotted the familiar symbol of Christianity. "On a church."
"CHURCH?!" Ash exclaimed in shock. "You guys are hopeless! Stay out of sight, you guys might get in trouble! Or better yet, get outta there, guys!"
"Exactly what we're doing," Duo Lon said, grabbing Shen. "Come on, let's blow this joint."
He stretched his arms around Shen and teleported away. Ash heard distorted static sounds on his phone until they reappeared somewhere else.
"Let's have an espresso," Shen said. "I could do with one now, especially after that close call."
"Did you guys note down the place he lives in?" Ash asked.
"Yeah," Shen said. "I'll send you the location in a jiffy."
Ash received the location and smirked.
"Betty, I've got it," Ash said. "Shen and Duo helped find Saiki."
He was still with the Bernsteins at the time.
"Okay, now we need to catch him," Adel said. "But how?"
"I have an idea," Rugal said, smirking. "Where is he at?"
Ash showed him the spot via street view on his phone. Rugal smirked and told them of her plan.