The unexpected injury

Yashiro had made arrangements for his band to perform at a masquerade party. He was really happy for it since the organiser was willing to give them a high payment.
He drove home as fast as he can to tell his band mates. But then he couldn't wait to tell them.
So he called Shermie.
"Hey Shermie!" Yashiro said excitedly. "I have really good news!"
"What is it?" Shermie asked, equally excited. "Tell me! What is it?"
"I managed to get ourselves a spot to play at a party tonight!" Yashiro said excitedly. "They're willing to pay us double due to the last minute arrangement!"
"Really?!" Shermie asked happily. "Oh my gosh! This is a dream come true!"
"Yeah I'm on my way to buy us something nice to eat for lunch," Yashiro said while driving. "Tell Chris to not cook anything."
"Ooo yay, lunch on Yashiro!" Shermie said with a giggle.
Yashiro started laughing. He hung up and then arrived at Gyudon Restaurant. He was just in time to buy three of the last breakfast special sets served there.
It was Shermie's favourite but he and Chris liked it too. He brought the large bags and went back to his red car. He tied the food bags and put it on the back seat, secured with the seatbelt.
He was gonna go to the driver seat but remembered that he haven't collected his change. He ran back into the restaurant and collected it. He paid with quite a big amount and the change was more than half of what he paid.
He pocketed it and was about to go back to his car when a bike rushed by next to him. The bike had hit his left hand. What made it worse was the fact that the biker just sped by, without apologising.
Grunting in pain, Yashiro looked at his hand. It wasn't injured, just painful. He ignored the pain and went back to his car. He drove home and parked in the garage.
He brought the bags of food into the house and put them on the dining table. For some reason, the bags sent an agonising pain up his hand.
He was examining it to see if it injured but he saw nothing. It just felt painful.
He bent it a different way and let out a soft yell of anguish. Shermie heard it and came to see.
"What happened, Yashiro?" Shermie asked.
"It's nothing," Yashiro said, putting his hand down. "Anyway, come on let's eat."
"Let's wait for Chris first," said Shermie. "I haven't told him about the performance tonight."
"Let it be a surprise," said Yashiro. "Anyway, lets just set the table and wait for him."
They took the food out and laid it on three plates. Shermie was very happy that he bought her favourite food.
Chris walked in and was surprised to see his housemates waiting with food on the table.
"You guys cooked?" Chris asked. "Well, at least I don't have to cook today."
"Yeah you don't have to," said Yashiro. "Go wash up. Let's eat."
Chris went to wash up at the kitchen sink. He came back and sat with the rest to eat.
"Hmph for a second I thought you guys actually cooked!" Chris said, getting his servings of food. "You guys just proved that you can't cook..."
"Hey who says we can't cook?" Shermie asked. "We can!"
"Then do it," Chris said. "I wanna see you guys cook lunch tomorrow."
They both didn't realise how Yashiro was having difficulty holding his cutlery.
"Yashiro, are you okay?" Chris asked, seeing Yashiro struggling with his fork. "What happened to your hand?"
"It's nothing," Yashiro said. "It's just that... I forgot how to hold a fork, that's all."
"No Yashiro, I saw how you yelled," Shermie said. "I saw how you were bending your hand in different ways, and yelled when it hurt. No matter how soft it was, it was still in anguish."
"How come you notice everything?" Yashiro asked, annoyed. "Anyway, yeah. I think I sprained it."
"Oh no..." Shermie said, panicking. "But we have a performance tonight!"
"We have a performance tonight?!" Chris asked, shocked. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? I haven't practiced! Oh no..."
"We'll have a practice after this," Yashiro said, pointing to his plate with his good hand. "We need to decide what songs to play too."
"But Yashiro, your hand..." Shermie said, worried. "Are you sure you can play?"
"I can," Yashiro said. "Let's eat first."
They ate and went to their music room in their garage. They selected some scores to play and started.
"One, two, three!" Yashiro said before he started to play.
They started to play when suddenly Yashiro's music went out of tune before he gave a shout, looking at his hand.
"Ow!" Yashiro shouted.
He tried playing again and shouted too. His band members looked at each other.
"Yashiro..."
"Wait!" Yashiro said, trying to play again.
But the music kept going off tune since he could not place his fingers on the correct frets.
"Yashiro..."
"Wait wait!" Yashiro said again.
He tried again, but his hand did not allow.
"Yashiro, you need to see a doctor," Chris finally said. "Come. Let's go see a doctor. Maybe then you can feel better."
Rather reluctantly, Yashiro agreed. Shermie and Chris forced him into Shermie's car and drove to the nearest clinic.
They waited a while before seeing the doctor. The doctor examined Yashiro's hand, bending it this way and that. Yashiro tried really hard to not wince in pain.
"It doesn't look too bad," said the doctor. "Looks like a sprain, not a fracture. Just a minor sprain, but a major pain."
"Major pain indeed," Yashiro agreed bitterly. "Is there a way for it to go off by tonight?"
"No no, it cannot be go by tonight," the doctor said. "It would take at least two to three days for the pain to go away."
"Two to three days?!" Yashiro exclaimed, shocked. "How am I supposed to play guitar tonight?"
"No guitar for at least two days, Mr. Nanakase," the doctor strictly said. "If you wanna make it worse, then go ahead."
The doctor dressed Yashiro's hand and prescribed an ointment to relieve the pain.
They went back to the car rather dolefully. As soon as they closed the car doors, Yashiro literally burst.
"What are we gonna do?!" Yashiro exclaimed. "I can't play tonight. Tell you what. Why don't you guys just play?"
"No!" Shermie and Chris both said.
"We can't play without you, Yashiro!" Chris said, clutching his arm from the backseat. "You're the highlight!"
"Even though I don't agree with Chris on the last part, I still can't bear to play one man short!" Shermie retorted. "Yashiro, please, we can't play!"
"But you have to!" Yashiro exclaimed. "It's for Izuki Sato's daughter's sweet sixteen!"
The others gasped. Izuki Sato was a very famous actor. Yashiro managed to get the opportunity to play for his daughter's party.
He actually hired a different band, but they quit unexpectedly. Yashiro quickly grasped this opportunity and took the spot for his band.
But now it looked like everything just deteriorated.
"We really need to play," Yashiro said. "But how? How am I gonna play with this hand?"
"We need another guitarist," Shermie said with determination. "I know exactly who to go and see."
She dropped her two housemates at home and drove to her destination alone. She knew that she might even get kicked in the face, but decided to just go with it.
Yashiro and Chris were confused. Yashiro wanted to go and try to play again, but Chris strictly forbid him. Instead, he sat with Yashiro the whole day in the study and played computer games with him.