Prom shopping

"When's the party anyway?" Rock asked.
"We haven't even arranged it yet..." Kyo said sheepishly.
"Guys, I have prom coming up," Rock said. "I need to get back to get a new suit..."
"You have a date or not?" Iori asked, amused. "Judging by your awkwardness with women..."
"I do," Rock said, much to his surprise. "And it's Hotaru."
"Hotaru Futaba?!" Everyone exclaimed in shock.
"Yep," Rock said with a smirk. "How's that?"
"When's your prom?" Terry asked. "You never told me anything about it. Why?"
"I wasn't planning to go at first," Rock said. "Also, it's this Saturday..."
Everyone looked at him in shock. It was Wednesday and he was only telling them now. K' immediately suggested taking him back to South Town. Everyone else agreed to go back too.
"What about the party?" Kyo asked, seeing that everyone wanted to leave.
"That's okay, Kyo," Iori said. "We can have an Orochi-is-sealed party. Just us and the K' team."
"And us," Yashiro said suddenly.
"You?" Chizuru asked in shock. "Well, can't say I'm not glad..."
"And me too," Benimaru said.
"Well, still gonna be a big party," Chizuru said with a smile. "Can we do it in Japan instead?"
"Yeah!" The others agreed.
"I'll host another in our place," Terry said. "In Pao Pao. How's that sound?"
They actually agreed. Zayn drove the spaceship for what seemed like the hundredth time that week. Iori volunteered to drive it for him instead.
"K', you better learn to fly this thing too," Zayn said. "It's actually pretty easy."
"I know," K' said. "But I'm not interested."
They dropped the South Town people off at their hometown and returned to Japan. Ash, Saiki, Elisabeth and the Bernsteins decided to stay in Hungary for awhile.
"It's pretty nice in here," Elisabeth said. "Also, our time zone is the same."

"You guys are so mean..." Shermie said, sipping her soda. "We had to take the flight here and you guys have a spaceship?! Also, what else does this place have besides a bunch of couches and a fridge?"
"Do you know it also has a bathroom?" Zayn asked, relaxing with Isolde. "And a cryosleep chamber?"
"Where does the water come from?" Chris asked. "And where does the waste go?"
"The waste is converted to energy for the spaceship and it gets the water from the water particles in the clouds," Maxima explained. "It's amazing how it can convert the sunlight and the water particles from clouds into energy. Pretty cool, huh?"
"Very," everyone said at once.

Terry, Andy and Joe helped Rock and Scott pick out an outfit at the mall. Scott wasn't picky with his clothes and was quick. Rock on the other hand...
"Is it nice?" Rock asked, coming out of the fitting room. "Or should I get another one instead?"
"You look good in it," Andy said. "It suits you."
"Yeah," Scott agreed. "You look amazing!"
"Yeah!" Joe agreed.
It was a white suit with a red inner vest and white shirt. It actually really suited him.
"Are you sure?" Rock asked, looking at himself in the mirror. "Does it look jazzy or rocky?"
"You're Rock enough to be rocky," Terry said. "But this suit looks more jazz. Hey it's Rock in jazz!"
The others started laughing. Rock laughed too.
"Just take this," Terry said. "Come on."
They paid for the suits and left. Hotaru was shopping for a dress with her brother too. Not that he was helping, though...
"Is this nice, niisama?" Hotaru asked, coming out wearing a nice light blue dress. "Niisama?"
Gato just grunted in reply, not taking his eyes off his phone. Hotaru frowned and decided to choose another dress. She chose a dress with a blue bodice and white tule skirt.
She looked at herself in the mirror and admired the dress.
"It's perfect!" Hotaru squealed.
She took the dress off and headed outside. Gato just paid for the dress and left with her.
"Niisama, can't you be more... light?" Hotaru asked, catching up with her brother. "Niisama!"
Gato just grunted again. As much as Hotaru loved her brother, she still felt really exasperated with him. She took Itokatsu out of her bag and asked him to go to her brother.
"Go disturb him, Ito," Hotaru whispered to the blond marten. "Cheer him up, make him laugh."
Itokatsu cheerfully ran to Gato and climbed onto his shoulder. Itokatsu yowled near his ear.
To which Gato just grunted in reply.
'I can't believe this guy!' Hotaru thought. 'I need a plan...'
She planned to get him a girlfriend. But at the same time, she doubted that he'll even look at the girl she presents him with...
"He needs to have some fun..." Hotaru thought. "And I know just the guy for that."
She dialled Rock's number and called him.
"Hello?" Rock said, not recognising her number. "Who's this?"
"Rock, it's me," Hotaru said. "Hotaru."
"Oh, hi Hotaru," Rock said. "Sorry, my stupid phone saved your number as Contact and then your number. I tried changing back to your name, but yeah..."
"That's okay," Hotaru said. "Anyway, is Mr. Bogard at home?"
"Which Mr. Bogard?" Rock asked. "Sorry, there's two. You need to be more specific."
"Terry Bogard," Hotaru said.
"Alright, gimme a minute," Rock said, leaving the room.
He passed Scott who was playing with Ukee in the living room and went outside where Terry was busily finishing his mural.
"Terry, Hotaru's on the phone," Rock said. "She wants to speak to you."
Scott came out with Ukee to see what's up.
"Is that your date?" Scott asked, motioning towards the phone.
"Technically," Rock said. "But just for prom."
"Riiight," Scott said with that smirk. "By the way, any news on dad's recovery?"
"I'm not sure..." Rock said. "Let's ask Andy."
They left Terry and went to ask Andy.
"The counsellors say that he's progressing well," Andy said. "Let's pay him a visit after this."
"I hope he recovers before my prom night," Scott said. "Oh please! I hope!"
He prayed that his father would be normal again by then.

"What is it, Hotaru?" Terry asked.
"You know my brother, right Mr. Bogard?" Hotaru began. "He's a little... tight."
"I know exactly what you mean," Terry said with a chuckle. "Anyway, what's happened to him?"
"Well, I need your help," Hotaru said.
"Me?" Terry asked. "What do you need?"
"I need someone to cheer Niisama up," Hotaru said. "And you're just the guy for that."
"Ah, I see what you're getting at," Terry smirked. "Okay, send me your address. I'm coming over with another guy. He's even better than I am."
"Thanks, Mr. Bogard!" Hotaru cheerfully thanked him. "I owe you!"
"Oh come on, it's fun to cheer people up," Terry said modestly. "I don't expect anything from you."
He hung up and looked around for Rock. He didn't see him so he put his phone on the porch table and took his own phone out.
"Duck, we've got a new mission to accomplish."