A scary encounter

They sat in the spacious Blanctorche living room, explaining everything to Adalene over some tea.
"Adalene, it wasn't me you saw," Ash said. "You said he looked a little paler than me, right?"
"Yeah," Adalene said. "He looked exactly like you, even his smile! But he looked a lot more smug than you are. Also, his hair was paler and his face was free from blemishes."
Elisabeth and Ash nodded thoughtfully.
"Do you still have that bouquet?" Elisabeth asked.
Adalene nodded and took it out of her bag. She gave it to them. Ash got out the gift tag that came with the sachertorte too and compared the handwriting from both.
"It's him," Ash said. "Same handwriting."
"Who is this actually, and why is he sending stuff to me?" Adalene asked, confused. "I have nothing to do with him!"
"Maybe he realised how Gas and I were spying on you and your friend," Ash admitted regretfully. "He must've noticed how I had  a crush on you."
"Okay, but who is he?" Adalene asked again.
"A distant relative of Ash," Elisabeth quickly said. "He looks just like Ash, but he's a very evil man. Something bad happened to him, and he's trying to redeem himself, by the looks of it. We can't forgive him for what he did."
Adalene nodded slowly before taking a sip of her tea.
"He looked exactly like you, Ash, I still can't," Adalene said fearfully. "Only, he seemed a little older, that's all."
"He is," Ash said, nodding. "A lot older than me."
Adalene thanked them for the tea and booked a cab on her phone to go home. Now, she was more determined to avoid Ash- not because of him, but because she fears his evil distant relative.
Saiki watched her drive away with a frightened expression and kicked himself for making things worse for Ash.
'Should I threaten her or something?' Saiki thought. 'No, that would only add insult to injury.'
He also decided to change his appearance when following her around, so that he wouldn't get suspected, especially not by Adalene.
It would be easy since he could transform to a big hulking man with red skin and a shadowed face. But he also realised how much he has screwed up.
He went back to his base, which was literally just a small apartment he shared with another member of Those From The Past.
He actually lived in Shion's place. He honestly didn't know if Shion was a guy or a girl.
"You're back, master," Shion greeted. "So how did it go."
"It went awful," Saiki said miserably. "She's to starting to avoid Ash, all because she fears me."
"I think we should no longer do things in the shadows now, Master," Shion suggested. "Why don't you go talk to her, tell her that you didn't mean any harm and stuff like that."
"Would she trust me?" Saiki asked doubtfully.
Shion shrugged. "You can try, master," he said. "It may not work, but it's worth a try."
Saiki decided it was a good idea to give it a shot. He went to Adalene's house and waited for her. It was a good thing that she was the kind to always go out alone.
She came again, cursing herself for forgetting to buy craft supplies for Georgina's gift. Saiki caught her. She thought it was Ash at first, but started screaming when she saw his flawless skin and paler hair. Saiki quickly covered her mouth.
"I'm not here to hurt you, I just want to tell you something," Saiki told the scared girl in a gentle voice. "I realised that you know who I really am, so I just came here to clear things up."
He let go of her and she looked at him in surprise.
"What do you want from me?" Adalene asked fearfully. "I don't have anything to do with you!"
"But you do have something to do with my descendent," Saiki said, much to her surprise. "I am his ascendant that almost permanently ruined his life. I'm trying to make up for it by bringing him together with the girl he likes. You."
Adalene looked down for a moment and Saiki could've sworn he heard a gulp.
"But why are you here?" Adalene asked. "And what did you mean by you're his ascendant? You don't mean that you're his ancestor or anything, do you?"
Saiki realised he said something he shouldn't have.
"Never mind that now," Saiki said quickly. "I'm just telling you to give this boy a chance, that's all. He's a good boy, and he's willing to sacrifice himself for anything. I've seen it, and I know."
He turned towards the other direction and started to walk away. Adalene called after him.
"Wait!" Adalene called.
Saiki stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around. Adalene ran towards him.
"Ash told me that you're a very evil man," Adalene said. "Why's that?"
Saiki hesitated to turn around.
"Tell me," Adalene called again. "Why? What did you do?"
Saiki turned to her. Adalene gasped and covered her mouth in shock and fear.
His eye was glowing a light blue and half of his face was black, releasing a black smoke-like aura. Adalene backed away in fear.
"This is why they hate me," Saiki said in a deep, scary voice. "It's because I'm a monster that once threatened the world."
And just like that, he disappeared into black smoke. Adalene was left to wonder what just happened. She was scared and at the same time, confused. She didn't know what to do and decided to go see Ash and Elisabeth. After all, they were the only ones that knew what was up, besides her.
She took a cab to the Blanctorche mansion and started ringing the doorbell without stopping. Jacques came out and invited her in.
Ash and Elisabeth were in the living room, watching television. They were surprised to suddenly see her visit them again.
"I saw him again," Adalene said. "He told me that he's your ascendant and he's trying to bring us together, Ash."
Ash looked at Elisabeth in surprise.
"Where did you see him?" Ash asked, surprised.
"In the street I live in," Adalene informed. "He told me to give you a chance."
"That dumb..." Ash said, annoyed. "Why does he have to interfere with my life like this?"
"Relax, Ash," Elisabeth said, rubbing Ash's back. "What else did he say?"
"I asked him what he did and he showed me his face," Adalene said. "Only, one of his eyes were glowing and his face was black. His voice was ugly too."
"This is one very eventful day," Elisabeth said, sounding so done.
"Did he try to hurt you?" Ash asked, concerned.
"No, he didn't," Adalene said. "He just spoke to me, showed me his... ugly face? And then he disappeared. Yeah, that's it."
"Something tells me he might visit us too," Elisabeth said. "Gosh, I hate to see his face."
"Betty!" Ash said sadly. "So you hate my face too?"
"Ash..." Elisabeth said in a tired voice. "Just...ugh..."
She turned and slumped down on the sofa, a hand on her forehead.
"You go home first, Adalene," Ash said. "Jackie, come let's drop her off."
They dropped her at Place du Tertre since she still wanted to get her craft supplies.
"How do we find him?" Ash asked. "I wanna give him a piece of my mind!"
Elisabeth sighed and shrugged. She didn't know how to find him.
Her phone started ringing suddenly and she looked at it. It was from Adel.
"Well, I hope a grand feast is awaiting us," Ash said, looking over at her phone.
Elisabeth answered and sure enough, the Bernsteins were inviting them over for lunch the next day.
"I hope they have ice cream," Ash said. "He owes me a whole tub of it."
"I thought you were gonna say sachertorte," Elisabeth said with a laugh. "But then again, we have one at home."
"From Saiki," Ash said dryly. "My great- who knows how many times- grandfather."
They rode home and actually ate the cake together. At least it was good, it was the perfect end to the very hectic day they just had.