The blind date

The K' team managed to dress Gato up for the date. They made him wear a formal suit and untied his hair. His fringe hung loose in front of his face while the rest of his hair was slicked back.
"I've never seen hair this long before in a man..." K' said, shaking his head as he watched Maxima style Gato's hair while eating roasted chicken chips.
"According to my data, Terry Bogard and Duo Lon have hair longer than this," Maxima said, styling his hair. "Now, shall we top this off with a hat?"
Gato grunted and Maxima held back a laugh. He reached for Gato's hat on the bed and put it on his head.
"You're okay with your hanging loose like this right?" Maxima asked. "Or do you want me to tie it up for you?"
Gato grunted. K' started snickering.
"Umm... what does that mean, Mr. Gato?" Maxima asked as humbly as he could. "Do you want it tied, or loose?"
"Leave it as is..." Gato finally said.
"Got it," Maxima said. "How do you like it?"
Gato grunted, looking at himself in the mirror.
"Yeah, like that means anything," K' muttered with a chuckle. "Anyways, good luck, Gato."
Gato grunted again.
K' decided to leave the room to let out his laughter in the corridor.

Ash gave Elisabeth a new manicure while Adalene helped do her makeup.
"Sorry I couldn't see your reaction last night, Madame," Adalene said, doing Elisabeth's makeup. "I had to run back to bring some stuff..."
"It's alright," Elisabeth said, trying to hold still. "It wasn't much. And I don't think you'd have enjoyed it."
"Trust me, you would've," Ash grinned. "Wow Addie! Betty looks amazing!"
"Thanks!" Adalene said with a smile. "All that training with my mother."
"Where is this date?" Elisabeth asked, looking at Ash from the corner of her eye. "Who is he? Where is he from? Does he speak french?"
"Umm, the date's gonna be at Viens Laisse Manger," Ash said. "I can't tell you who he is, because... I don't know much about him myself, and no. I don't think he speaks french."
"Where is he from?" Elisabeth asked.
"America," Ash said. "South Town."
"Please don't tell me it's one of the Bogards," Elisabeth said, groaning.
"Madame, don't move," Adalene warned. "I'm doing your eyeliner, please."
Elisabeth sighed.
"It's not one of the Bogards, right?" Elisabeth asked.
"No, it isn't," Ash said. "If it was, Mary and Mai would be hunting for me now."
"That's true too," Elisabeth said. "So who is it?"
"You're gonna find out in a while," Ash said. "Addie, it's almost done, right?"
"Almost," Adalene said, opening a tube of mascara. "Just the mascara, some blush, and the lipstick. She's good to go."
Elisabeth waited as patiently as she could for Adalene to do her makeup. She was finally done and Elisabeth gratefully stood up.
"Wear this," Ash said, handing her a blue-green sinamay hat. "It'll make you look more formal."
Ash suddenly received a message on his phone. It was a picture from Iori.

Iori: See I was rightIori: Gato does mean cat in SpanishAsh: OhAsh: I thought you meant FrenchIori: 🤦🏻‍♂️Iori: Wonder why they don't have that emoji with red hair

Iori: Gato does mean cat in Spanish
Ash: Oh
Ash: I thought you meant French
Iori: 🤦🏻‍♂️
Iori: Wonder why they don't have that emoji with red hair...
Ash: Whatever...
Iori:

Ash: Yeah very funnyIori: Next time search firstIori: Anyway Iori: Is ur Betty ready?Ash: Nobody calls her that but meAsh: Also, yeahAsh: She's readyIori: Should I arrange for the cat?Ash: Yes plsIori: Aight

Iori: Next time search first
Iori: Anyway
Iori: Is ur Betty ready?
Ash: Nobody calls her that but me
Ash: Also, yeah
Ash: She's ready
Iori: Should I arrange for the cat?
Ash: Yes pls
Iori: Aight

Gato sat in a fancy restaurant, regretting that he ever agreed to go on a date in the first place. But Ash told him that if he went on this date, his father would appear right in front of him.
So he had no choice but to agree.
So now, he sat there, a glass of sparkling water in front of him. There was another one opposite him for his date.
The waiter suggested that he took champagne, but he refused since he didn't like alcohol.
He looked at the time and saw that his date was already five minutes late.
'When will I get this done with...' Gato thought as he took a sip of the fizzing dink. 'If she doesn't come in a few minutes, I swear I'm gonna-'
A woman in a blue green dress walked in. She looked around searchingly and saw Gato. She walked towards him.
"Excuse me, Monsieur, but are you my blind date?" She asked.
"Are you... Betty?" Gato asked.
"Yes, I am Elisabeth," she said, sitting down in front of him. "I'm deeply sorry for my tardiness."
"It's fine," Gato said. "My name is Futaba Gato."
"Wait, Gato?" Elisabeth said, surprised. "Didn't you enter the KOF XI tournament?"
"Yes, I did indeed," Gato said. "You entered too?"
"I'm Elisabeth Blanctorche," Elisabeth said. "You should know me? I was in the Rival team with Duo Lon and Benimaru."
Gato just grunted before taking a sip of his sparkling water.
'Oookay he seems to be a man of few words,' Elisabeth noted. 'Well, we'd just have to make it do. As long as it makes Ash happy...'
"Would you like to order something?" Gato suddenly asked, realising he should do something to keep the date going.
"Sure," Elisabeth said, taking her sparkling water too. "Where's the waiter?"
Gato looked around for the waiter, but Elisabeth pressed a button on the side of the table.
'Oh I this is one of those restaurant,' Gato noted. 'Well, at least I don't have to call the waiter.'
The waiter came and handed a menu to each of them. Gato couldn't really read anything since it was all in french.
"I can't read this..." Gato admitted.
Elisabeth graciously helped Gato order something.
"This is bouillabaisse," Elisabeth said, pointing at a picture of some sort of stew. "It's seafood stew. Mainly scorpionfish, sea Robin and other fish. It's also filled with herbs and spices. Great for cold days."
"I'll take that, then," Gato said. "I don't know about you, but it's freezing outside."
Elisabeth agreed and ordered some onion soup.
"The days are pretty cold now..." Elisabeth said. "Though it's summer, it's actually pretty cold. At night, especially."
They tried their best to engage in small talk.
"Actually, I knew nothing of this date," Elisabeth admitted. "Ash suddenly told me about it during dinnertime last night."
"At least he told you," Gato said. "My sister arranged for me to get kidnapped."
"How?" Elisabeth asked.
"Well, she and your Ash actually planned this together, it seems," Gato said. "They worked together and kidnapped me. I honestly don't know how they brought me to France overnight. It seems impossible, if you asked me..."
"It actually isn't," Elisabeth said knowingly. "Wait till you find out how you came."
"You knew?" Gato asked, surprised.
"Nope, but I certainly know about their mode of transportation," Elisabeth said. "You'll find out soon, don't worry."
Gato took a sip of his drink.
"She actually lied to me," Gato sighed. "She said that her friend saw our father in a secluded part of town and brought me there, on foot."
"I know why."
"And then there was a figure in the dark," Gato continued. "And I ran to it. And the figure just stood there, like a statue."
"It probably was."
"And then I felt a sharp pain in my back, and everything went black..."
"Ash..."
"I can already see what they did," Elisabeth said, picturing everything clearly. "They clearly set us up."
Their food arrived and they started eating.
"The food here is really good," Gato said. "France has really good food."
"So does Japan," Elisabeth said. "What's your favourite in France so far?"
"This," Gato said, pointing to his bowl of bouillabaisse. "It's really good. What about you?"
"I like yakiniku," Elisabeth said. "That's really nice. Oh and Tomyankun too. But that's technically not Japanese, right?"
"It isn't," Gato said, a little surprised. "It's from Thailand."
They continued eating and Elisabeth suddenly noticed Gato's long hair flowing down his back.
"Your hair..." Elisabeth said in awe. "It's so long..."
Gato smiled slightly and brought a part of it in front of him. It was long and went up to his crotch in a sitting position.
"I can never manage my hair if it's that long..." Elisabeth said. "Can... can I touch it?"
Gato actually allowed her to touch it. His hairs were really long and silky and Elisabeth actually kinda liked playing with it. 
Elisabeth chuckled and apologised.
They continued eating while having light-hearted conversations.