Doppelgänger?

Ash and Gaspard met again at school. They hadn't heard anything from the two girls that they had a crush on.
"Who do you think they actually saw?" Gaspard asked Ash during break. "Like... it really did look like us. Especially the one with their hair down. It really did look like you!"
"That's what I'm wondering too," Ash said thoughtfully. "Who were they?"
Gaspard shrugged. He thought of a very risky thing to do.
"Should we go meet them?" He asked Ash. "I think it has blown over by now, considering it's been almost a week now."
Ash thought about it. He needed to know who the heck was impersonating him. Whoever it was, they literally framed him and Gaspard for stalking the two girls.
"We should," Ash agreed. "After school."
Exactly when the bell rang, Ash texted his big sister about it and set off to the girls' school down the road. Instead of peeking into the fence like they usually did, they waited near the gate.
The two girls walked out, side-by-side. Ash blocked their path.
"It wasn't us," Ash said. "Trust us, we've been framed!"
Adalene crossed her arms.
"If you weren't stalking us, then why were you looking at us through binoculars the other day?" Adalene pointed out. "As far as I know, only stalkers do stuff like that."
Ash shot his friend an annoyed look. Gaspard looked away sheepishly.
"Never mind that now," Ash said. "But tell us, where did you see them?"
"Place du Tertre," Georgina said. "We felt like we were being watched and saw two figures stalking us on our way home. Then Adalene saw them crouching behind the bush and snapped a photo."
"Are you two sisters?" Gaspard asked suddenly.
"We're friends," Adalene said shortly. "We live close by, almost next-door neighbours. Also, why are you pretending that it wasn't you? It was clearly you, freckle boy!"
"Why does everyone call me that?" Ash said, annoyed. "Anyway, no. It wasn't us. I swear!"
A car drove up and the girls quickly left. The boys had no choice but to walk back to their school. Elisabeth saw them and asked Jacques to pull up at the side of the road to pick them up.
"Why are you guys here again?" Elisabeth asked. "I thought those girls are hostile towards you?"
"We wanted to clear things up," Ash said. "We're innocent, after all."
They drove back to the Blanctorche mansion and started discussing. There wasn't much to discuss, and it sickened them even more.
"You know what, let's just sleep on it," Ash said. "There's nothing we could do, there's no proof, nothing."
They left Gaspard off at his home and returned to their mansion. The thought that there was someone impersonating Ash really angered him.
But at the same time, the poor boy was stressed out. So he told Elisabeth that he would be out. Elisabeth knew that he could take care of himself and allowed him.
Ash walked out in the cold night, wearing his thick woollen coat. Since he was very near to Place du Tertre, he wanted to get his picture drawn by one of the local artists for some reason. It seemed like a fun thing to do, right?
He walked to Place du Tertre and saw that most of the artists were either gone, or leaving. He looked at them in dismay and decided to just go window shopping a bit.
But surprisingly, one artist hadn't left yet. He had just finished making a portrait of a young woman. The young woman happily took the portrait that the artist drew for her and paid for it before leaving. Ash quickly ran to him.
"Monsieur, could you do one for me too?" Ash asked.
"Sure, garçon," the artist said. "Have a seat."
Ash sat down and the artist started drawing every detail of his face. Ash was glad that the artist agreed to draw him at such a late hour.

Adalene quietly snuck out of the street without her friend's knowledge. They both lived nearby and Georgina would definitely be able to see Adalene leave her house.
She stalked into the cold night and went to Place du Tertre. She was planning to get a gift for her friend since her birthday was coming up. But she didn't want her to know since she wanted it to be a surprise for her.
So she went to said place and started searching for the shop that sold what she wanted. She had decided to buy her a makeup set from one of the shops there.
She went to it and saw that it was closing. She quickly ran in and bought the set that she wanted, leaving as their last customer for the day.
Satisfied with her gift, she passed some shops and made her way to a cafe. She wanted to have a late night snack of Tarte Tartin.
Adalene bought some and a few macaroons before walking home, nibbling on her snacks. She passed a bush and heard in rustling.
She quickly turned to it and saw a dark figure hiding behind it. She couldn't see who it was since the bush was quite far away and to make matters worse, it was really dark there. But Adalene could see that whoever it was, they looked a lot like Ash.
Annoyed, she yelled at the figure, asking him to show himself and declaring that she knows who he was. But the figure stayed there, as still as a statue.
But all of a sudden, someone walked past her, a newly drawn portrait of himself under his arm and a chocolate crepe in his hand. He saw her standing on the sidewalk and gave her a smile, waving his crepe at her, and made his way back home.
It was Ash.
Adalene was really surprised. If Ash is here, walking down the sidewalk she was standing on, then who the heck was that?!
She quickly turned back to the bush and realised that the figure was no longer there. She ran to it and searched the area with the light of her phone, but found nothing.
Rather confused and stunned, she walked down the road, hoping that she would come across Ash. She saw a dark figure in the distance. She confirmed that it was Ash when she saw the square object under his arm.
"Oi!" Adalene shouted, running towards him. "Stop!"
Adalene had a special skill, and that was super speed. She didn't know where she actually got it from, or if it was a genetic trait. Both her parents were completely normal human beings and they had no idea how she was born with this power.
Ash turned around just in time to see her crash into him, causing his beautifully done portrait to slip out of his grasp. It was a good thing that he already finished the crepe. Adalene picked the portrait up and handed it back to him.
"My portrait!" Ash exclaimed, examining the portrait. "It's ruined!"
"No it isn't," Adalene said, taking a look. "Look, it's undamaged."
Ash was relieved to find that it was indeed undamaged. But he still exaggerated dramatically.
"You spoilt it!" Ash exaggerated. "It crashed onto the ground and it's all dirty now!"
"Whoa whoa, wait up, buddy," Adalene said. "I need to talk to you for a moment."
"What is it?" Ash asked, annoyed but at the same time interested.
"I know it isn't you," Adalene said, much to his surprise. "I know that you're not our stalker."
"Finally someone believes me," Ash said, rolling his eyes. "Okay, can I go home before you destroy my portrait?"
"Geez, why are you so obsessed with that portrait?" Adalene said annoyed. "It's not like you can't get another one done! We're in Paris, for God's sake!"
"Fine, whatever," Ash said, annoyed. "So how did you find out that it wasn't me that was stalking you?"
"I saw them behind a bush, again," Adalene said. "I thought it was you, it really did look like you, you know? Then I started shouting at them, telling them to come out and stuff, when you walked past me! You can't be in two places at once now, can you?"
"No, I can't," Ash said thoughtfully. "Where did you see them?"
She brought Ash to the bush and pointed to it.
"I checked but there was no one here," Adalene said. "It must've been your doppelgänger, Ash."
Ash kinda shuddered at the thought of it. He asked her to go home before going home himself. Something was definitely up.