An orphanage

"Stop it, Ramon," a red-haired woman said, annoyed with her work partner. "I'm married! I already have a family!"
"I know," A man with an eyepatch said, grinning with a rose in his hand. "But where are they?"
"Only a few kilometres away," Vanessa said with a smirk. "If my husband finds out about you, you're dead meat."
Ramon sighed. He knew he had no chance against Vanessa, but he still tried.
They just finished a mission and were taking a stroll together. They were somewhere in Norway. It was really cold. Suddenly Ramon clutched her arm.
"What is it?" Vanessa asked.
"There's an orphanage here!" Ramon said, pointing ahead. "Look over there!"
She looked and saw an orphanage. The sign read 'Glugan'.
"Now why does that sound so familiar?" Vanessa said, puzzled. "Don't you think, Ramon?"
She turned to see Ramon gone. She turned back toward the orphanage and saw that Ramon was there, playing with the kids outside.
"Ramon..." Vanessa said, annoyed. She ran after her work partner.
Ramon was having fun with the kids.
"I think I should buy some toys for them," Ramon said, getting up. "I wonder if we're allowed..."
"Why don't you go find the owner?" Vanessa suggested. "They might accept some form of donation?"
"Good idea," Ramon said, looking around to find the entrance. "Come on."
They asked one of the kids to escort them to the caretaker inside.
"He's over there," the child said, pointing towards a room. Ramon peeked in and saw a man with white hair inside. He couldn't see what he looked like since he was facing the other way.
Vanessa waited outside as Ramon went in to see the man. He was standing next to a small bed with a lion cub on it. It looked like he was feeding it.
"Umm...?" Ramon said, trying to get his attention.
The man turned around and Ramon almost jumped out of his skin.
"Can I help you?" The man asked while turning around.
Well, he jumped out of his skin too.
They were both staring at each other, speechless.
Vanessa noticed how Ramon was just standing there, his mouth wide open. She went in to see what the case was.
She went in and gasped. It kinda brought the two men back to reality.
"Zero?!" Vanessa exclaimed.
"Shh!" Zero shushed. "Don't gimme away! The children doesn't know that name!"
"But how did you survive?" Ramon finally asked. "I thought you died in the airship?"
"Well, that's what I thought too," Zero said with a shrug. "But suddenly I just woke up in a crater. Then I just got up and... yeah!"
"Interesting..." Vanessa noted. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Never thought I'd see you running an orphanage!"
"Well, I love taking care of children," Zero said. "So when I found that there was an orphanage here, I immediately volunteered to work here."
"Then what happened to the real owner?" Ramon asked. "You didn't just kill him?"
"No," Zero said, shaking his head. "The woman died in a tragic accident shortly after I started working here. After her death, I took over as the owner here."
"Okay, then," Ramon said, weirded out. "But I just wanted to ask, do you accept donations? I was thinking about getting some toys for the kids."
"Oh sure!" Zero said. "Be my guest! We accept toys, money, food, clothes and all kinds of donation."
Ramon nodded. They both left, promising to return with toys and stuff for the children. They went to the general store nearby and bought food and toys for the orphanage.
Zero thanked them for the donation and let them play with the kids. Vanessa couldn't help joining in too.
"What happened to NESTS?" Zero asked. "I can obviously see that Nests failed..."
"They did," Vanessa said. "Igniz betrayed Nests and killed him. He wanted to become a new god, but we stopped him. NESTS fell after that..."
"I see..." Zero said and then sighed. "Well, they do commit unlawful acts. No wonder it fell..."
They only left at night. They stayed in the same hotel in adjoining rooms. Vanessa made sure she locked the door that connected her room and Ramon's. She wouldn't want him sneaking into her room late at night, watching her sleep or something creepy like that. Ramon was kinda disappointed when he found out what she thought about him.
"I'm not a creep..." Ramon said with a frown. "I would never do such a thing! I'm a decent man!"
"Yeah but it's better to be safe than sorry," Vanessa simply said before shutting the door.
Ramon scowled and took his eyepatch off before going to bed.
The next morning, they met at breakfast. It was their last breakfast before they left Norway.
"So where are you heading?" Ramon asked. "Anywhere special?"
"Nah," Vanessa lied. "I'm just headed home."
"When are we gonna meet again?" Ramon asked. "Anytime soon?"
"I don't think so," Vanessa said curtly. "Anyway, where are you heading?"
"Home too," Ramon said with a shrug. "I miss my land."
"Anyway, I have to go now," Vanessa said, turning around to leave. "I'm late for my flight. See you next month!"
"Next month?!" Ramon asked in shock. "Where are you going?"
"Secret," Vanessa simply said, turning around to look at him. "Bye!"
Vanessa ran off. She was getting late for her flight to Mexico. She was gonna go for a holiday with her family at Playa San Miguel in Ensenad. She didn't tell Ramon because she knew that he'd find out and come after her, especially since she was heading for the same state.
Zero was happy with his new life too. He felt good taking care of children. He sat next to a fire, his pet lion cub on his lap, and told stories to the children there.
His pet lion, whom he named Glaugan II, peacefully swept on his lap. Zero found it by chance near the crater he woke up in.
The poor animal had nowhere to go and was crying beside its dead mother. A tree had fallen on her but she managed to push her cub out of the way.
Zero found him and carried him.
"Don't worry, he's in good hands now," Zero said, looking at the dead animal. "I will take care of him for you."
So he kept his words and took care of the lion cub as if it was an actual baby. The cub grew close to him too.
The children liked it too and Zero was glad for this.