The masquerade performance

Yashiro and Chris were playing computer games in the study when Shermie walked in with Kyo. They stared at him in shock.
"What are you doing here?" Yashiro asked, scowling at Kyo.
"Trying to help you with the concert," Kyo replied.
"Shermie, was this your idea?" Yashiro asked, turning to the redhead.
"Yashiro, it's the only way," Shermie said. "He's the only one I know that can play the guitar as good as you can."
"And you, Kusanagi, actually agreed?" Yashiro asked, turning to Kyo. "Well, I'm shook."
"I'm here with a price," Kyo said. "I got it what I wanted so I'm here to repay it."
Yashiro looked taken aback. What could Kyo have gotten from them. Then his eyes narrowed.
"You lifted that rebel girl's pact, didn't you?" Yashiro asked, turning to his housemate. "You did it, didn't you?"
"Yes I did," Shermie said. "Kyo's our only hope, Yashiro!"
"Even if I'm a Sacred Treasure?" Kyo asked with a smirk.
"Even if you're a Sacred Treasure," said Shermie. "Okay, Kyo, lets just face it. If we try to resurrect Orochi, we need to die first. We didn't come back alive just to die again, right? We decided to use our new life for ourselves and not for Orochi. Even if we are the Heavenly Kings."
"Well, good for you," Kyo said with a shrug. "Okay, so what am I supposed to do?"
They led him to the music room. Yashiro sat on a stool and watched them.
"The scores are on the music stand," Yashiro said as he sat. "We were planning to play those."
"What happened to your hand?" Kyo asked, seeing Yashiro's bandaged hand.
"Some punk ran straight into it with a bike," Yashiro replied bitterly. "And now it's sprained."
"Ooo sorry to hear that, buddy," Kyo said. "That's one of the worst that could happen to a guitarist."
Yashiro hid a smile. They started playing. Kyo did pretty good and the CYS were pleased with his performance.
"Okay, you're doing good," Shermie said after a few rounds. "Now for your costume. Do you have high-heeled shoes?"
"Nope," Kyo simply replied. "I'm not all that conscious about my height, except for now."
"Haha shorty!" Yashiro said, laughing at Kyo.
"Yeah you should be grateful I'm playing for you, refusing the payment that Izuki is giving you," Kyo bluntly said. "You ungrateful idiot..."
"Hey I didn't ask for a sprained wrist, did I?" Yashiro said, shrugging his shoulders. "I never expected this, okay?"
They went to the nearest shoe store and bought Kyo some taller shoes. They only needed like three or four inches of it and Kyo felt awkward walking around in heels, like a girl.
"I feel like a girl for some reason," Kyo said, annoyed.
They were sitting around in the CYS living room. Kyo was trying out his new shoes again.
"Oh come on, Kyo, you look amazing!" Shermie said, trying to cheer him up. "Besides, those shoes look really cool!"
"Yeah they actually do," Kyo admitted. "Alright, what about the costume?"
"Okay, you'll be going in an extra costume," Shermie said, taking something out. "One, it's because we're performing and two, it's because... well, you wanna hide your identity."
She took out a black mask and gave it to him. She left Yashiro and Chris at the shoe shop to help Kyo choose shoes and went to the costume shop to buy these.
"Is that a Batman mask?" Kyo said, examining it. "Don't you think this is a little too much?"
"It's not a Batman mask," Shermie said. "It's just a bat mask."

"Still, I think it's a little too much," Kyo said doubtfully

"Still, I think it's a little too much," Kyo said doubtfully. "But then, this can't hide my entire face, people would still know it's me!"
"And that's why I bought you a cloak," Shermie said, pulling a long black cloak from the plastic bag. "It would help to cover your face, and also your build. Here, put this on."
Kyo put the mask on with the cloak. Shermie pulled the hood onto his head. She smiled in satisfaction.
"You cannot be recognised like this," Shermie said with a smirk. "But you have to make sure the hood stays on. Wait, let me see..."
"Use Velcro," Chris suggested. "It might help it stay on his head."
"Yeah good idea, Chris!" Shermie said, ruffling the young boy's hair. "You always come up with the brightest ideas."
She went to her room and brought some. She stuck it under the hood and put it on Kyo's head, much to the latter's annoyance.
"You owe me big," Kyo said, annoyed. "I'm only doing this for Aoi and Souji..."
"I know," Shermie said. "Great, you look great. All you need now is something black under the cloak and you're good."
Kyo borrowed some of Yashiro's clothes because he definitely didn't want his family to see him like this. Shermie and Chris got ready too, though not as excessively dressed as Kyo. They still wore bat masks, though.
"I don't have to sing or anything right?" Kyo asked. "I mean, I can, but I don't in any way sound like Yashiro..."
"No you don't have to," said Yashiro. "Just play. Izuki's manager told me that they wanted instrumental music only."
They went to Izuki Sato's home a few hours earlier. They prepared the stage and instruments. Yashiro came too, in disguise.
They played and played. They took some breaks and even ate some of the food served. They were hungry anyway since they had a really light lunch. Even that was because Chris forced them.
Kyo had a good time too. He actually enjoyed playing in stage. And also because it was a wild party. There were bouncers too.
As soon as the party ended, Izuki gave them their payment. He gave them some extra too, all in cash.
The New Face team and Kyo went back to the CYS van. They divided the money among the CYS. Kyo refused any payment.
Yashiro looked at the money in his hand.
"You deserve this more than I do," Yashiro said, handing the money to Kyo. "I didn't even play, how can I take this?"
"No, Yashiro," Kyo said, refusing the money. "You keep it. I did it under your guise."
"Here, at least take half," Yashiro said, splitting the money in his hand. "I can't accept all of this, Kyo."
Kyo sighed and finally agreed to take the money.
"Only because you insisted, Yashiro," Kyo said, pocketing the money. "Anyway, thanks. It was great to play."
Then he looked at the time. He realised that he could still make it for the meeting. The party ended at eight-thirty and the meeting started at eight. He might make it!
"Shermie, can you drive to the Sundeer Cafe near Yoyogi Park?" Kyo asked Shermie. "I'm supposed to attend the meeting with the others. Can you drop me off there?"
Shermie agreed and drove there. She dropped Kyo there. Kyo thanked them, bid his farewell and ran into the cafe. He was still wearing his masquerade costume.