Forced to hang out

Hotaru told her brother that she would be at her friend's and promptly left, getting a grunt in reply.
"Why doesn't he talk much?" Hotaru asked herself, annoyed. "It's not like he can't talk or anything..."
She went off to Hinako's home and hung out with her. Hinako's idea of hanging out meant having a tea party.
"Are you sure that plan would work?" Hotaru asked, stirring her tea. "Your brother's too stiff for his own good."
"I know right..." Hotaru said, taking a sip of her tea. "Oh I really hope Terry can do something."

At that very moment, Terry and Duck King knocked on the door to the Futaba home. Gato opened the door to see the grinning faces of Terry and Duck.
"Yoooo!" Duck greeted cheerfully. "Wassup man!"
"Why are you here?" Was Gato's reply. "I didn't invite you here."
"Oh but we were invited, alright," Duck said with a grin. "Let us in, dude! I wanna show you something."
They burst into the house, ignoring Gato at the doorway. The two men sat down and called to Gato.
"Is your marten around?" Duck asked, taking out a small cradle-like bag. "I'm sure he'd love my P-Chans!"
He opened the bag and at once, a bunch of chicks walked out. Duck fed them some grains. Gato stood in front of him, crossing his arms.
"Why are you here?"
"Oh come on, don't be like that!" Duck said. "I just came to show you my lovely chicks! Look how cute they are!"
Gato took a look at the little creatures and did kinda think they were cute. He actually watched how they ate the grains that Duck fed them.
"Also, when's your sister returning?" Duck asked. "I was thinking maybe we could hang out? Have a guys' day out. Yeah! That sounds fun!"
Terry cheered too.
"I'm sorry, but I'm very busy today," Gato said. "I have work to do."
"Well, your planner suggests otherwise," Terry noted, giving the open planner on the table a meaningful glance. "Says here 'Day off for fun'."
Gato immediately snatched the planner and threw it aside.
"Oh come on, man!" Duck insisted. "Just this one time! After this, we won't disturb you! We won't even look at you!"
"My sister will return anytime now," Gato said. "And I can't leave her alone at home, especially not in this town. One minute there's a serial killer, and the next there's a gang of kleptomaniacs."
The landline started ringing and Gato gratefully excused himself to answer it.
"Niisama, I'm staying over at Hinako's tonight," Hotaru said, trying not to laugh. "You're okay with it right?"
"I am," Gato replied. "But do you have an explanation for the two lunatics in the house?"
"Oh... them?" Hotaru asked, smirking. "I sent them there to entertain you. Enjoy the company, Niisama! Bye!"
She hung up before Gato could even protest. He groaned and turned around to see Terry waiting for him.
"Yo Mr. Gato!" Terry greeted enthusiastically. "Let's go out! Go get ready."
"Please, leave me alone..." Gato almost pleaded. "I wanna stay home."
"Ducky, he wants to stay home!" Terry called to his friend. "Should we just party here then?"
"Yeah, dude!" Duck called back. "I'll invite a few friends over, just gimme a sec."
"Please, just go!" Gato pleaded.
"Okay then, no party," Duck said thoughtfully. "Let's play a game!"
He whipped out a board game and laid it on the ground. He slid off the sofa and called for Gato.
"Let's have a game," Duck said. "I brought some snacks too."
They played the board game while making stupid jokes to try and make Gato laugh. They knew they were progressing well because they spotted Gato trying really really hard to not laugh.
'Can't believe people who hold their laughter to avoid being embarrassed actually exists...' Terry thought, shaking his head as he noticed Gato's lips twitching, but never surrendering to laugh. 'We need to change him...'
They played for an hour or so, when Duck suddenly made an announcement.
"I'm hungry," Duck said. "Anyone wants some food? I don't think it would be wise to dig in our friend's fridge. Wanna have some takeout?"
"Or shall we take ourselves out?" Terry suggested. "How about it, Gato?"
Gato shrugged and actually agreed to go out with them.
'Now that's an improvement,' Duck thought. 'Well, I am the man who made the Kim Kaphwan get drunk and go around asking men to get married and get settled in life.'
He snickered as he remembered how Kim even told that to Richard. Richard was already happily married with children.
They climbed into Terry's car and went to Pao Pao Cafe. Of course they would go to Pao Pao, that was their favourite spot!
"Well well, what do we have here," Richard said as he saw Terry and Duck seemingly drag Gato into his cafe. "Bob, prepare for backup. We might even need to roll up a heavily drunk, unruly man home."
Bob grinned and nodded. He actually prepared for a futon that Japanese police would sometimes use to arrest unruly criminals.
Terry and Duck brought Gato to the bar and sat down.
"Would you like a beer, Gato?" Terry asked, wiggling is brows. "Or how about something else? It's on me."
"No thanks," Gato said. "I'll take a bottle of sparkling water."
"Oh come on, don't be like that!" Duck insisted. "Just try one!"
Gato firmly shook his head. His two friends said no more about beer and started making jokes and stupid puns to try and make him laugh.
Someone had started a bar fight. A very unruly one.
"See that?" Duck whispered to Gato. "Those two idiots have started a brawl. Bet you a nickel Terry's gonna mediate them. Just watch."
And right after he said that, Terry actually walked up to them and separated them. Duck started laughing.
"And just you see, Richard's gonna run to them with a wine glass and a hand towel to throw them out," Duck whispered again. "And one of them's gonna try and beat Richard up."
And the exact same thing happened.
"Now, the guy will still be unruly so Bob's gonna come in with a futon to burrito the guy away," Duck whispered again taking a sip of his beer. "And then he's gonna call that guy's friend or something."
Gato watched as everything he said actually happened.
"How do you know what would happen?" Gato couldn't help but ask. "You say it like you're from the future."
"It happens all the time," Duck said with a shrug. "Richard's too used to it too."
Then a teen boy came and dragged the drunk man away. Terry left to help him bring the man to his car. He soon rejoined them and continued with his beer.
"Poor kid," Terry said. "His dad got fired and drank his heart out. And now he's having a hard time bringing him home."
"Hey, reminds me of that kid staying with you," Duck said. "Same story there too, right?"
"Yeah," Terry said. "But that kid's had it way worse. At least this is only the first time this boy's facing this. Also, I noted his number. I'm paying a visit to see if he's alright tomorrow."
"Wait, I didn't know Geese was like that when he was alive," Gato suddenly said in surprise. "Also, I thought Rock's been living with you for years?"
"No, it isn't Rock I'm talking about," Terry said, shaking his head. "I'm talking about Scott. His dad is in rehab. He's recovering now."
"Oh poor kid..." Gato said. "Where is he now?"
"With Andy and Rock, at home," Terry said. "He's fine. His dad's doing well too."
Gato felt a little sympathetic towards Scott. Well, if he saw how the boy was actually playing around with Terry's monkey, he wouldn't feel so sorry for him.