Back to school preparation

"Horseback riding isn't so bad right?" Elisabeth said. "You always thought that sports are a bother."
"I admit, it is fun," said Ash. "It feels like I'm a kid again!"
"Well you are," said Elisabeth. "Have you forgotten that you're only sixteen? Gosh, I gotta send you to school!"
"Betty, no!" Ash said in horror. "Please, don't!"
"No buts, Ash," Elisabeth said. "You are going to school starting from tomorrow. And I don't want you causing any trouble. Got that?"
"Yes Betty..." Ash said in dismay. "But I'm gonna get made fun of!"
"No you won't," said Elisabeth. "You'll be going to charm school."
"Which school?" Ash asked.
"The Charmant Charm School for boys," said Elisabeth. "Plenty of boys your age with a high status goes there."
"No way!" Ash said in surprise. "How did you even manage to get me in there?"
"I used my reputation," Elisabeth said proudly. "My status in the community let me get a spot for you easily!"
"You're the best, Betty," said Ash, hugging her. "Anyway, when does school start?"
"Tomorrow," Elisabeth said coolly. "It's Sunday right? Yeah you're going tomorrow."
"What?!" Ash asked in shock. "You're sending me to school tomorrow, and you're only telling me today?!"
"Yeah I kinda forgot, sorry," Elisabeth said sheepishly. "Anyway, you're going tomorrow."
"What about stuff?!" Ash asked. "We need to get back to school things!"
"Way ahead of you, Ash," Elisabeth said smugly. "I already asked Jacques to get them for you."
She called for their butler and he came in.
"Could you bring the things I asked you to get for Ash?" Elisabeth asked politely. "He wants to see them."
"Yes, Milady," Jacques said and went to get the stuff.
He brought the stuff and showed it to Ash.
"Eww I have to wear a uniform?" Ash said, looking at the uniform in the box. "It's so ugly..."
"Well, it isn't necessary," said Elisabeth. "You can go in formal clothing."
"Now that's a relief," said Ash. "Anyway, can I see my new school bag?"
"It's in there, Master Ash," Jacques said, pointing to the bag in the large box. "I got it in your favourite colour, crimson red."
"You know me well, Jacques," Ash said, seeing the bag. "It had lots of pockets too. Thanks!"
"But Milady, I seemed to have forgotten to buy stationeries," Jacques said in dismay. "But it's okay, I'll go get it now."
"Jacques, wait!" Ash said, stopping him. "Betty, why don't we all go together? I can choose the stuff for myself."
"Sure, come on," said Elisabeth. "Let's go now."
"Milady, you're still wearing your riding breeches," Jacques reminded Betty.
"Oh right," Elisabeth said, going to her room. "Ash, you too..."
Soon, the three of them were walking around in a mall to do some last minute back to school shopping. They bought some stationeries and Ash insisted that they get some formal outfits, and of course... nail polish...
"Oh come on, Betty," Ash pleaded, shoving a nail set at Elisabeth's face. "Please? This is the latest design!"
"Fine..." Elisabeth said, finally accepting. "Just take it."
"Yay!" Ash said happily and went off to pay for it.
"It's so good to see you finally acting your age, Ash," Elisabeth said to herself. "Glad that you're my little brother again."
Their butler smiled. He was glad that his masters were happy too. He had been with them through thick and thin and knew exactly how they felt when they went through it.
They started walking back to their luxury car in the basement when suddenly black smoke appeared before them. The black smoke materialised into the form of a young man with very long hair tied in a braid.
"Duo Lon?" Elisabeth said, recognising him. "I'm so glad to see you!"
"Hey buddy!" Ash said, giving his friend a friendly punch. "Long time no see!"
"Right back at you, Ash," Duo Lon said. "I'm glad to see that you're finally acting your age."
"So that's why you just disappeared," a blond man said, walking towards them. "So you're finally back?"
"Yeah I am," Ash said. "Just as elegant as I was before I disappeared, if not even more."
"Yeah you're still the same conceited idiot," Shen said. "Anyway, I'm glad to see you acting your age and going to school."
"Hey how did you know?" Ash asked, surprised.
"The word got around," Duo Lon said. "Everyone knows."
"So I'm the last to know, then," Ash said, annoyed. "Betty..."
"Sorry, Ash," Elisabeth said with a laugh. "I forgot to tell the most important person."
"Way to go, Betty..." Ash said. "Anyway, what have you guys been up to?"
"Oh you know the usual," Shen said. "Been going around, fighting!"
"What about you?" Ash asked Duo Lon. "What have you been up to?"
"The same thing I've been doing," said Duo Lon. "Been trying to track Ron down. He's after the Dragon Spirit that Kensou and Bao has. We recently got info that he's around here, in Paris. So that's I'm here."
"And I'm just helping him," Shen said. "You know, for the heck of it?"
"Yeah we know about you," Ash said. "Anyway, wanna hang out sometime?"
"You're going to school," Shen said. "So you better focus on your studies!"
"Oh great, now there's that," Ash said. "But there's weekends right?"
"Sure we will," Duo Lon said. "It's been a while since we hung out anyway."
"Anyway, how's Xiao?" Elisabeth asked. "It's been a while since I last saw her."
"She's staying with us," Duo Lon said. "She said, she'll help me find Ron."
"Good to hear," Elisabeth said. "Anyway, we have to get going. See you guys later."
They bid their farewell and returned to the Blanctorche Mansion. Ash started getting ready with his school things. He was kinda excited, but at the same time shuddered at the thought of school. He imagined being made fun of just because of how different he is from 0ther boys his age.
Before he went to bed, he went and stood in front of a picture of his parents and Elisabeth's.
"I hope I'll do well in school tomorrow," Ash said. "And I wish I have your blessings."
He went back to his room and went to bed. Elisabeth set her alarm early so that she could wake up in time to wake Ash up.
The next morning Ash woke up with a jump to Elisabeth scaring him awake with a blow horn.
"Betty, what's this?!" Ash asked, waking up with a jump. "What's with the blow horn? What time is it?"
"It's six in the morning," Elisabeth said. "Wake up, you need to get ready for school!"
"More like get ready for the hellhole," Ash said, dragging himself out of bed. "Anyway, what's for breakfast?"
"Jacques is preparing your favourite pain au chocolat as we speak," Elisabeth said. "Come on, go get ready."
"Fine..." Ash said, grabbing his towel to go take a bath. "Betty, could you leave? I need to get ready."
"Sure," Elisabeth said with a smile.
She left the room and closed the door. The entire mansion was filled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee au lait and tasty chocolate bread.
Elisabeth had requested Jacques to prepare them specially for Ash. She wanted Ash to start his first day of school with a good breakfast and a good mind, and a full belly too.