The first performance

"Wait so those rats are going first?" Yashiro asked in disgust. "Seriously?!"
"It's because they registered first," Shermie pointed out before taking a sip of her soda. "We were busy with Sato's party but Yagami took the time to register here."
"Whatever," Yashiro said, eating wagashi. "Come on, we need to sabotage his band."
"Oh no, please don't," Chris said, his mouth full of cream puff. "Don't ruin someone's life for fun!"
"Well, that's my destiny," Yashiro said. "As a Hakkesshu-"
He didn't get to finish because Shermie slapped him.
"What?" Yashiro asked, rubbing his face in surprise.
"You think it's your destiny to hate humanity and destroy the world?" Shermie almost shouted. "You're such an idiot, you know that?"
"Shermie is right," Chris agreed, stuffing his face with onigiri this time. "You help Orochi, you die too."
"Hey that's not what I meant!" Yashiro said to his defence. "I meant it's my destiny to hate the Sacred Treasures as a Hakkesshu, that's all."
"Just come," Shermie said, pulling the two guys to the backstage area. "Let's prepare."
They started preparing for their performance. Yashiro never stopped complaining about Iori.
Meanwhile, the rest of the KOF gang were kinda impatiently waiting for the performance to start.
"Is it ever gonna start?" Mai asked, annoyed. "Andy, when is your brother gonna start playing?"
"I have no idea," Andy said with a shrug. "Anyway, where are your friends?"
"Their guys are keeping them busy," Mai said with a grin. "Hey, do you know, I made it work out for both of them in the same night? I think I should be a matchmaker."
"Maybe you should," Andy agreed. "After all, Ralf is always complaining to me that Seirah is always complaining about her brother's love instead of seeing the hints that he's giving her."
"Wait so Ralf has his eye on Whip?" Andy nodded. "Well, K's love is working out since they're actually getting along, just a little awkward for now. I think I'll make it work for them too."
All of a sudden, the lights became dim.
"Ooh I think it's starting!" Yuri exclaimed.
Music started playing in the dark stage. The people from the KOF tournament recognised it as 'Esaka?'. Benimaru and Daimon were kinda proud that their theme was being played.
They decided to start of with Kyo's soundtrack first since he was the guitarist, one of the most crucial instruments in the band other than the keyboard.
Everyone felt mesmerised at their performance, even K'. It isn't common to see him expressing emotion, especially towards music. They all listened in silence and only cheered in the end.
The next song was 'We Are BOF'. This was mainly to introduce themselves. The next song was an improvised version of 'Banquet of Nature' for Nakoruru.
Yashiro stood backstage, glowering at Iori the whole time. He was planning to activate his blood to ruin the performance.
Shermie and Chris just shrugged and sat there, unable to convince Yashiro out of it. They decided to just watch what happens.
They then started playing Miss X's Theme 1 from SNK Heroines for Aiko since she didn't have theme so they decided to play it. Iori remembered the tune from his dream and wrote out the scores earlier for them to practice.
Terry and the girls laughed as they remembered how Iori was wearing the sailor dress in their nightmare.
They kept it short and played 'Sadistic Eyes' for Iori after that. Benimaru was kinda surprised to see Aiko play the saxophone instead.
Yashiro chose that moment to activate Iori's blood. He looked intently at Iori with a smirk, trying to activate his blood. But to his surprise, Iori continued to play like nothing happened. Yashiro tried and tried but it didn't work.
Yashiro turned to his band mates with confusion written all over his face.
"It isn't working," Yashiro told them. "Yagami isn't budging."
Shermie and Chris went to look and sure enough, Iori was playing with joy and from where they were, they could see the side of a slight smile on his face.
Iori brushed his hair aside and glanced at Aiko behind him. The CYS were shocked to see his eyes a cool blue hue instead of the flaming red they used to see.
"He lifted the curse," Yashiro realised. "That idiot lifted the curse!"
"So it is possible then," Shermie said, turning back to Yashiro. "But... yesterday?"
"That must've been a show or he got it taken off by today," Chris concluded. "So no more bullying Yagami for you."
Iori heard his name and turned to glare at them for a brief moment.
After that, they played 'Kurikinton Flavour' for Terry.
"Aww they actually played your theme!" Mai said dreamily. "Do you know? This is my favourite song?"
"Yeah..." Andy said. "You always play this song."
For Athena they played 'Purity Soldiers'.
"Look it's our theme!" Momoko exclaimed to the rest of her team.
They then left the stage and it was time for the fashion show. Benimaru met with them backstage and gave them compliments.
"You did great, y'all," Benimaru praised. "Hey, Aiko. I didn't know you could play the Saxophone too."
Aiko smiled.
"Niisan taught me since young," Aiko said. "Our uncle sent Niisan for music classes but didn't send me since I was too young. So Niisan taught me instead."
Iori grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at Benimaru. 
"Keep in mind, we might do a saxophone duet to ruin your sleep," Iori said jokingly. "Aight, you're up next. Break a leg!"
"Don't do it literally," Kyo warned. "Don't fall off the runway."
"Or else, I'll break it myself," Daimon said. "Good luck."
Benimaru grinned at them and went to the runway. DeLuxe had done a collab with a fashion designer and they agreed to have a fashion show during the music fest.
The announcer stepped onto stage and announced. Soon, a familiar song started playing. Benimaru insisted that 'Inner Shade' was used for the fashion show.
As soon as the song started playing, K' looked annoyed. Maxima too.
"You've got to be kidding me," K' said, watching Benimaru showcase his catwalk with an annoyed expression. "That idiot actually managed to make it in!"
Zayn chuckled as he remembered their adventure when they spied on Benimaru and Aiko's date with Iori.
"But he's pretty good, don't you think?" Zayn said.
"Yeah," K' actually agreed. "He's a better model than he's a teammate."
"No one could be a bigger pain than Benimaru," Maxima said while walking towards them. "Kriz, you remember right?"
"How could I ever forget such a royal trash head?" Krizalid said. "All he wanted was Kyo when something majorly terrible was about to happen."
"Because of you," K' pointed out. "Anyway, where's Kula?"
"With Honoka and the giants," Maxima said. "I thought the ninjas were here..."
"Wait what?" K' asked, surprised. "Where?"
"I dunno, but I sensed their body type somewhere," Maxima said. "But I don't sense anything now..."
"Oh there you are!" Someone said, running towards them.