Arrival at South Town

"When are we leaving?" Bao asked. "When is your next concert, Athena? I keep forgetting."
"It's in two days," Athena said. "We need to leave tomorrow."
"Okay," Bao said. "Is Master Chin coming with us?"
"Of course he is," Kensou said, packing his stuff up a bit. "He says he wants to pay Master Tung Fu Rue a visit."
"Master Tung will be delighted to have him," said Momoko. "He respects Master Chin just as much as we do."
"And he'd be honoured," said Kaoru. "He would be honoured to have someone as wise as Master Chin visit him."
"Isn't he wise too?" Bao asked. "Like, he's an old man too."
"But not as wise," Kensou said. "Right, Athena? Athena? Where did she go?"
"She's gone to help grandma clean up," Momoko said. "Grandma is doing the dishes with Master Chin while Athena is helping Lei-Len clean the table."
"That was quick," said Kaoru, leaning back on Bao's bed. "She was here just a minute ago."
"I know right," Kensou said, stuffing his bag with his clothes. "Bao, you better pack up a bit. We need to leave for South Town tomorrow."
"Okay," Bao said, running to pack up his bag.
"Leave an outfit out," said Momoko. "Or else you won't have anything to wear tomorrow."
"I'll help you pack," Kaoru said, seeing Bao just blindly stuffing his pack without folding his clothes. "Here, you have to roll them up so that you'll have more space."
"Oh yeah I've gotta pack too," Momoko said, getting up and going to the room she shared with Athena and Kaoru. "I think I'll help Athena pack a bit too. She's a little busy."
She packed up a bit and was about to start on Athena's pack when she walked in and stopped her.
"There's no need for that, Momo," Athena said, taking over. "I can do it myself."
"Athena, you're a very busy girl," Momoko said. "I can help you."
"Momo, I can do this myself," Athena said. "I'm perfectly free enough to pack my own bag."
"If you say so," Momoko said, going to her pack to see if everything is in order. "Master Chin is coming with us tomorrow right?"
"Yes he is," Athena said, folding her clothes up to pack. "Lei-Len is coming too."
"What about grandma?" Kaoru asked, coming in. "Is she coming too?"
"Yeah she is," said Athena. "She didn't want to at first, but Master Chin insisted that she came with us too."
"That's nice," Kaoru said, packing up her things too. "It's been a while since she came with us to a concert."
The next day, they all left to go to South Town. Many people recognised Athena on the plane and asked her for an autograph. Even the stewardess!
When they landed in the airport in South Town, Athena's manager was waiting for her with a cab.
"Alright, Athena, I've booked you guys an apartment suite at very nice 5-Star hotel," the manager said. "I suggest that you wear a disguise when going out for meals and stuff because there may be creeps around here."
"They are not creeps," Athena said. "They're my fans! They're the ones that make these concerts possible!"
"Yes Miss Athena," the manager said. "But at the same time, South Town is a dangerous city!"
"Says who?" Athena said, a little annoyed. "I have plenty of friends here!"
"If you say so..." the manager said and led her to the taxi. "The hotel is the best in town!"
"Thank you, manager," Athena said. "The concert is gonna be held at the Grand South Stadium right?"
"Yes it is," the manager said. "The tickets sold like hot cakes!"
Athena smiled. She was happy that people were enjoying her work. She was also happy to have the support of her friends.
When they arrived at the hotel, they just collapsed into bed. They were tired after the long flight to South Town.
Athena was the first to wake up. She looked around the room and saw her friends still knocked out on the sofas. She was puzzled to find herself hungry.
Turns out it was because she skipped lunch. They all did.
She went to the kitchen to see if there was anything she could prepare for a quick meal and found Chin's wife there. It looked like she was preparing a meal.
"Grandma?" Athena said, entering the kitchen and seeing the kind old woman cooking inside there. "What are you doing?"
"Oh I'm just preparing some friend rice for you guys," the old woman said with a smile. "You must be hungry after the long flight. I know I am!"
"Yes I am, grandma," Athena said, sitting down on the barstool at the kitchen island. "How long have we been asleep?"
"For like three hours maybe?" The old woman replied. "I don't blame you one bit. That flight was tiring!"
Soon, she prepared the fried rice and Athena went to wake her friends who had just crashed on the long L-shaped couch.
They started eating their lunch. Actually, it was their dinner since it was too late to be lunch.
"I think we should take supper today," said Chin. "If we don't eat anything, we're gonna feel sleepy later."
"I agree," Kensou said. "Is there a place that serves char siew bao nearby?"
"I heard that there's one nearby," said Kaoru. "You can go there."
"I want to pay Tung a visit," Chin said getting up. "Anyone wants to follow?"
"Me!" Bao said, getting up and running at him. "I want to meet him too."
They left together to go to Tung's home.
"Master, do you know the way?" Bao asked. "This is my first time in South Town..."
"Of course I do, Bao," Chin said. "I've come here a million times before!"
They continued walking when Chin suddenly remembered something.
"Tung loves Tamagoyaki," Chin said. "Wanna get him some?"
"Sure, Master," Bao said. "Is there a shop that sells it?"
"We'll try and find some," Chin said. "If not, we shall get him something else."
They walked around and saw a shop that sold Japanese snacks. Chin bought some Cha-Tamago for him and bought some yakitori for himself and Bao.
They somehow found the way and went to Tung's home.
Tung was about to have dinner when the two of them knocked on his door.
"Master Chin!" Tung said, inviting them in. "It's so good to see you!"
"Hello Fu Rue," Chin said, entering with Bao. "It's so good to see you too. I've brought you some Tamagoyaki."
"Ah Cha-Tamago is my favourite," Tung said. "Thank you Master Chin. Would you like to have some tea?"
"Of course," Chin said. "What tea do you have?"
"Good ol' oolong," Tung said. "My all time favourite."
They had some tea before going back to the apartment they shared with the others.
While they were walking back, they came across the Bogard brothers.
"Master Chin!" Terry called, going to them. "It's so good to see you here! How have you been?"
"Oh I've been good," Chin said. "Tung must be very proud of you two."
"Did you meet him?" Andy asked. "We can show you the way to his place if you want?"
"I've already seen him, Andy," Chin said. "We're on the way back, straight from Tung's."
"Oh I see," Terry said. "If you need anything, just give us a call! I know you have our numbers."
"Of course I do," Chin said. "See you two soon."
They went back to the apartment where the others were discussing about dinner.