Over for a manicure

"Alright now, tell me what happened between you and Adalene last night," Saiki said, giving Ash a pedicure for a change. "Come on, spill it."
"Do I really have to tell you?" Ash asked blandly.
"Well yeah!" Saiki said in an obvious tone. "I'm the only blood relative you have left!"
"Well, if you can control time, you can stop the fire that destroyed this house earlier, right?" Ash pointed out. "I would have all my other sisters and brothers, am I right?"
"Ash, changing the past to safe a life is a very, very big risk," Saiki said. "Especially since so much time had passed. So much things have happened. And if I change it, so many other things might have been changed too. That tournament might've not happened, and you may have never met me, resulting in yet another paradox."
Ash blinked at him, not understanding a word he was saying.
"Come again?" Ash said, confused.
"Urgh, it isn't wise to drastically change the past," Saiki explained shortly. "And it isn't wise for someone who actually caused a paradox. For all we know, you may lose someone else instead. Believe me, I've been there. I lost someone and travelled back to save them, but when I came back, so much have changed and it wasn't the world I knew."
Ash sighed and agreed.
"I'll tell you what happened," Ash said. He suddenly flinched when Saiki accidentally filed his skin instead of his nail. "Ouch! What are you doing?!"
"Oops, sorry Ash," Saiki apologised sheepishly. "My fingers slipped. Tell me. What happened?"
Ash rolled his eyes and began telling him of the events of the night before.

Ash POV
Saiki abruptly left through the bathroom when the girls arrived. He evidently teleported away to who-knows-where, but I don't care.
After all, he almost ruined mine and Gas's chances with Adalene and her friend. Well, he tried to make up for it, but he ended up scaring Adalene even more.
Way to go, Monsieur Passé.
Sometimes I wish I could strangle him, but that would claim my life too... Why does things have to be so unfair?
So the two girls walked in and Gas stood up dramatically, holding the bouquet of roses in his hand. He straightened his coat and stood straight. Can't believe he actually wore that. Okay, when I meant dress up nice, I didn't mean dress up fancy!
Jackie led them in. I already readied my nail kit and flourished it. I hid the one Psych gave me though. It's far too precious to brag about.
Adalene stared at my kit in awe before sitting on the armchair that I pointed to. Georgina sat on the other, in front of Gas. To her surprise, Gas suddenly handed her the bouquet of roses.
"For you, Milady," Gas said humbly.
I could've facepalmed when he did that.
"Thanks," Georgina said, kindly accepting the bouquet. If I were her, I'd shove it back in his face. "Why are you here, again? We just came here for a manicure."
I tried really hard to not laugh at Gas's speechless face. I cleared my throat and answered for him instead.
"He's here to help me," I said solemnly. "He's my assistant for today."
Gas raised an eyebrow at me. Well, Saiki and I did teach him how to do someone's nails. Even if it was a flimsy lesson, it would still be enough for him to at least shape Georgina's nails.
Oh I hope he does a good job.
Then again, he is a crafty person and I've seen how he neatly sandpapers rough things down to shape them into a smooth curve.
So I guess he'll do a good job? Oh I hope he does. If not, I'm cutting his nails off with scissors, like how Yagami's claws are shaped.
Yeah, I bet he wouldn't be able to even scratch his arm without earning claw marks that way.
So Gas tended to Georgina's nails. All he had to do was shape and buff them. I'm the one who'll be putting the art in nail art.
So firstly, I shaped Adalene's nails. I was soon done because Adalene's nails were very well kept. Georgina on the other hand...
"Do you chew on your nails?" Gas asked her in surprise.
"Yeah, why?" Georgina said. "It's this habit of mine..."
"Same, I do it too!" Gas answered cheerfully. He's actually proud of it?. "Ash helped me shape them. They were all jagged and crooked."
Georgina kinda smiled and let Gas do her nails. Gas was much slower, but he did a great job. He was careful with his hands.
I painted Adalene's nails in the neutral pink shade she chose. I must say, it looks great on her. She patiently waited as I coated her nails.
I realised that the room was too silent and reached for my wireless speaker. I turned it on and was about to connect my phone when Adalene asked if she can suggest a song.
"Sure, what do you want?" I asked.
Probably some slow, 'relaxing' sax music. I mean, I like those, but it makes me sleepy. Yagami's sax music is good though. It's because he usually plays a fast and cheery beat.
"It's À Cause des Garçons by Yelle, Belgium Riot Remix," Adalene said, much to my surprise. "I don't think you know that song..."
"Oh, I do," I said, playing the song. "In fact, I have it offline."
I didn't know that she played hardcore games like NFS. Like... she didn't look like it. She actually looks pretty dainty.
"I play NFS too," I said with a smirk. "Love smashing into Betty's car for the most part."
"You play that game too?" Adalene asked in surprise. "Sorry, it's not everyday I meet people who play this game, especially in an all-girls school. Even Georgie doesn't play it."
"Not into racing, Ada," Georgina said, looking bored. "You and your cars. You know, Ash. She's always talking about some car. That one car..."
"What car is it?" I asked, looking up at her as the song went to the part Betty called 'fum fum'. For some reason Adalene giggled when that part came.
"Dodge Viper SRT10," Adalene said, again much to my surprise.
"Oh my gosh, really?" I asked in surprise. "That's my fave too!"
Adalene looked kinda surprised, and at the same time excited... and doubtful.
"You're joking, right?" Adalene said, squinting her eyes slightly.
"Absolutely not," I said, working carefully around the cuticle of her nails. "I love that car."
"Oh boy, now we have two car freaks..." Georgina said, sounding a little annoyed. "Gazpacho, you play that game too?"
"Nope," Gas said, sounding a little hurt. "I'm more into crafting and phone games instead. Also, please don't call me that. It brings back bad memories..."
"Why?" Georgina asked.
"They used to call me that back in elementary school," Gas said, looking a little hurt. "And one of them even brought a bowl of gazpacho to school just to throw at me."
"How mean..." Georgina said sympathetically. "But I understand, though. You see, my name is Georgina. I used to nickname myself George. They would call me Georges and call mock me for having a guy's name. And one of them went this close to cutting my hair off!"
Now that's bad. Also, the Gs are having a similar background. Not sure if that's a good to or a bad thing... pretty sure it's good, but I dunno.
"Wanna have a game sometime?" Adalene asked me suddenly. "We can race and see who wins!"
"Wait for your nails to dry, we can play downstairs," I said with a smirk.
"Mmm not tonight," Adalene said thoughtfully. "How about tomorrow? After school?"
"I'm in," I said with a smirk. "So I'll be picking you up?"
"Umm I'll only come after lunch," Adalene said. "I'll come over around three?"
"Great!" I said with a smile. "I'll be waiting."
Oooo I can't wait to trash Adalene's car and show her how cool I am! Hahahahaha!
"Hey but you planned to go out to the salon with me?" Georgina retorted. "You said you wanted to follow me?"
"Go yourself, I wanna play," Adalene turned her down. Ooof... "We'll go another time."
"It's okay, Georgie, I'll come with you to the salon," Gas said all of a sudden. "And then maybe we could grab a coffee?"
Georgina smiled and accepted his offer.
Things are working out great now.