At King's

"Hi Mai!" Jan greeted excitedly as he saw the ponytailed woman enter.
"Hey Jan," Mai greeted, ruffling the boy's soft blond hair. "Here, I brought you some candy!"
"Aww only candy again?" Jan said, taking the candy that Mai offered. "How about we go out on a date instead?"
"Jan..." King said, shaking her head with a smile.
"Oh come on, King," Mai said, sitting down in front of him. "Who wouldn't want to go on a date with this little cutie?"
Jan giggled as she tapped his nose with her finger. She then started tickling him, causing grievous more giggles. After that he started to play with Mai's hair.
"Yuri's hair was much more fun to play with," Jan said, untying Mai's ponytail and messing it up a little. "But your hair is fun too!"
"This is why I never grew my hair," King said with a grin. "Just you wait, Mai. He'll mess it up."
"Let him," Mai said with a smile. "Let him play with my hair at least. Soon, he might even be able to play with Andy's hair!"
"I saw it coming," Yuri said with a smirk. "Why are you so obsessed with Andy? Give the poor guy a rest!"
"Oh come on, Yuri," Mai said, grinning. "His hair is quite fun to play with too, ya know?"
"My brother said something about it getting stuck in a fan or something once," Yuri said with a smirk. "He said Andy bent down to take something and his hair fell into the fan and got stuck. He couldn't pull it out since the fan was fighting his pull and if he fought it, he'd be bald."
Yuri stopped and giggled.
"But luckily he managed to turn the thing off and safely pull it out," King finished. "Another reason why I never grew my hair."
"You guys don't know how to handle the challenges of long hair," Mai said, annoyed. "Ask Jan. Jan, isn't it fun to play with long hair?"
"Yes!" Jan giggled and ran his fingers through her silky strands. "It's really fun!"
"See?" Mai said, turning to them with a smirk. She then remembered the dress she bought. "Wait, I forgot about the dress. Jan could you pause for a moment?"
He let go of her hair for a second and let her grab the bag. She crawled over to it and sat as she took out the beautiful red dress.
"How is it, guys?" Mai asked with a smirk as she pulled the dress out. "I wanted to wear a kimono at first, but umm... yeah."
"I'm sure it would look good on you," King said. "We're rooting for you, Mai!"
"I have a question," Yuri said suddenly. "Did you even sign up?"
"I did," Mai said, slightly annoyed. "Why would I look forward to the pageant if I fist even sign up?"
Jan continued playing with her hair, plaiting it on all sides.
"I think Jan should be a hairstylist," Mai said. "I'm sure whatever he's doing is good."
"Nah," Yuri said.
"Ya think?" King said with a smirk.
"Oh come on, ladies," Jan said, grinning at them. "Take a look!"
They both came rather doubtfully and took a look. They were surprised to see a nice bun with plaits.

"Hey it's pretty good," King said, surprised

"Hey it's pretty good," King said, surprised. "Jan, where did you learn this?"
"I watched some videos online," Jan said with a grin. "Do you like it?"
"Guys, take a picture, I wanna see!" Mai said excitedly. "Guys?"
Yuri took a picture and sent it in their group chat. Mai took her phone out and gasped.
"Jan!" Mai said in awe. "It's beautiful! You're doing my hair for the pageant this Saturday. You got that?"
"Really?" Jan asked in surprise.
"Yes!" Mai exclaimed. "I mean, I don't want a bun, but I want something nice like this."
"You got it, sista!" Jan said excitedly. "Where's Marron?"
He soon found the ginger cat lazing on its overstuffed pillow. Jan snatched up and happily danced about with it. The cat had no idea what the heck was up with him.
"Poor Marron," King said with a snort. "Anyway, what's Todoh doing in your house, Yuri?"
"I honestly have no idea," Yuri said, a little confused. "Like, he hated dad, defeated Ryo with a kitsune mask, and then became best friends with dad. I honestly have no idea what's going on in his head."
"Where's Ryo?" King asked suddenly.
"Robert," Yuri said, leaning back against the cushion. "You know how they are..."
"I'm glad that Andy doesn't have any friends that stick to him like glue," Mai said, relieved. "Or else, I'd have to deal with them, personally."
"We better warn Terry," Yuri playfully whispered to King.
"Yeah," King whispered back. "And that poor kid too."
"You mean kids," Yuri whispered. "There's two of them."
"Oh yeah," King whispered back.
"What's the secret?" Mai asked.
"Nothing," Yuri said, grinning widely. "Just blowing air out into each other's faces."
"Yeah," King grinned.
Mai made a weird face as she took in what they just said.
"Were you guys smelling each other's bad breath?" Mai asked to which her two friends nodded with wide grins. "Eww..."
"You wanna smell my breath?" Yuri said, coming closer towards her.
"Urgh how are we even friends?" Mai asked, getting up with her dress. "Anyway, I gonna go. I need to put this dress away before it gets polluted by your nasty breath."
She stuffed the dress into the bag and left after saying goodbye. Jan watched her leave with Marron in his arms.
"Where's Mai going?" Jan asked, confused.
"Home," King replied with a grin. "Anyway, Jan. Wanna play something?"
They played with Marron who soon fell asleep. Then they ended up playing some clapping game that Jan learned in school. Well, the big girls knew about it too since they played it when they were his age too. Even when times change and technology develops, the games that kids play at school would remain the same throughout generations.
In the end, they started playing some word game.