Mani pedi

Saiki walked out of the washroom and realised that Ash was still with the girls.
"Agh they haven't left yet..." Saiki told himself, his voice oddly rough. "That's the thing about these humans... once they start talking, they never stop..."
A man brushed past him to enter the washroom and looked at him in shock, having hearing a little bit of his muttering. Saiki was annoyed that this guy was staring at him and gave him a glare that he'd never forget.
The man ran into the bathroom as fast as he could.
Saiki rolled his eyes and decided to go to the smoothie bar to wait for Ash. He had finished his previous smoothie so he decided to order another.
This time he decided to try pineapple flavoured instead. He sat on a seat next but one to Ash. He didn't really want to intrude their conversation.
Ash chatted with Adalene and Georgina and eventually, they ran off, claiming to be late for dance class.
'They take dance class?' Ash thought in surprise. 'Oh well, how bothersome...'
He finished his smoothie and left it on the counter so that the barman could throw it away.
He jumped off the stool, carrying the mass of shopping bags, and started leaving when Saiki caught hold of his shoulder. Ash looked at the gloved hand on his shoulder and glared at Saiki.
"What do you want?" Ash asked, annoyed. "If you're trying to bait me into buying something, think again pal."
He swatted Saiki's hand off with the paper bags and started walking away. Saiki got off the barstool and went after him.
"Wait," Saiki said, stopping him at the entrance of the mall.
"Who are you, and why are you following me?" Ash asked, irritated. "Leave me alone..."
Just then Ash spotted the blue glow of his eyes.
"Ergh what are you?!" Ash retorted, putting the bags down and getting into his fighting stance (from KOF 2003/ XI). "Looks like I need to take you out the hard way..."
"Why do you humans always have to jump into conclusions?" Saiki asked in his gruff voice. "Couldn't you wait for an explanation?"
"What?" Ash asked, confused.
Saiki transformed back to his normal self, making the oversized clothes he wore to sag like wilting leaves. Ash now saw a pair of lips and a pointed chin from under the heavy hood. He lifted the hood off and realised that it was only Saiki.
"It's only me, I transformed to get away from those girls!" Saiki explained. "I spotted them approaching and quickly ran off to the store and bought these."
"I take you to one of the best malls, and you buy winter clothes?" Ask asked, annoyed. "Yeah, real grateful there, Monsieur Passé. Besides, good luck breathing in that thing."
"Well, you're the one that was planning to abandon me in the maul," Saiki pointed out.
"Hey, says who?" Ash said in surprise.
"Um, you literally just exited the mall without me?" Saiki pointed out. "Seriously, Ash..."
"Well, I was meaning to shake this strange dude off before going back in to get you," Ash said. Then he chuckled. "Which, I think is no longer necessary. Get out of those clothes, we need to go to the Metro. And you wouldn't wanna be wearing that in a stuffy train now, do you?"
Saiki groaned and took the sweater and slacks off. Some people were staring at him as they walked by. He took the gloves off too and stuffed it into the bag that Ash gave him. They started walking to the nearest Metro to go home.
"So how did it go with the girls?" Saiki asked as they walked.
"They want me to give them manicures!" Ash said with a big smile. "How great is that?"
"That's great," Saiki said. "Glad that it's working out."
"Yeah!" Ash said excitedly. "I'm really surprised that the stunt that you pulled didn't scare them off! Oh wait that reminds me. They're coming over later! And you're here..."
"Don't worry, I have a few errands to run anyway," Saiki said. "I won't be home, don't worry."
"Where are you going?" Ash asked, surprised that Saiki actually had errands in his era. "What are you gonna do?"
"It's a secret," Saiki said. "Don't worry about me, I'll stay out of trouble."
Ash kinda felt doubtful. But he agreed since he needed him out of the house anyway.

Gaspard arrived at the Blanctorche mansion, wearing a neat casual suit, carrying a bouquet of roses. For the first time in forever, his hair was neatly styled in a low side ponytail, and his shoes were free of mud. Jacques looked surprised and led him to Ash's room.
"How do I look?" Gaspard asked when he entered the room.
"Like you're planning to go on a first date," Ash deadpanned. "Psych, what do you think?"
"He looks great, I think," Saiki said with a shrug. "What time are the girls coming?"
"Around eight," Ash said.
"Around eight?!" Gaspard exclaimed in surprise. "You seriously just called me two hours in advance?!"
"Yep," Ash said, taking out a magnifying glass, much to his surprise. "I need to take a look at your nails."
He realised that there were some bite marks on his nails. He glared at Gaspard.
"What is the meaning of this?" Ash asked, squinting his eyes at his friend. "What did you do?"
"I-I was nervous after that assessment about etiquette!" Gaspard blurted out. "You know how clumsily I did it, right?"
"You almost fell on your face..." Ash said, remembering how Gaspard staggered when their instructor asked them to walk straight. "You're worse than I thought..."
Ash shaped Gaspard's nails and neatly buffed them.
"Now, you need to stop biting your nails!" Ash said, smacking Gaspard. "Okay lets search up ways to make you stop..."
He took out his phone and started searching for a way. Saiki suddenly put a finger on the top of his phone, pulling it downwards.
"I used to have that problem too," Saiki said, turning to Gaspard. "All you gotta do is stop. Set goals like don't bite for an hour, then for a day, then for a week and for a month. You'll eventually stop."
"But I only bite my nails when I'm nervous," Gaspard reasoned. "And it's not everyday."
"Then I suggest you carried something around to play with whenever you're nervous," Saiki concluded. "Like a coin or a stone, something like that."
"I know!" Ash suddenly said. "I have just the thing."
He went to his desk and took out a fidget spinner. It had a built-in Rubik's cube that was still messed up.
"Here," Ash said, giving it too Gaspard. "Play with this instead. Don't bite your nail."
"But what if I wanna bite something?" Gaspard asked again.
"Then go to a pet store and buy a chew toy," said Ash. "Or go to the nursery store and buy a teether. Chew on those instead."
"No, that's not how it actually works," Saiki said. "The reason for it is actually because your hands can't stay in one place. Keep them busy and you'd do good."
"Then someone also needs a stress ball," Ash said. "I think I have an extra. Got some for free when we bought cereal."
He threw one at Gaspard. Ash suddenly went over to his feet and started taking his shoes off.
"What are you doing?" Gaspard asked in surprise.
"Probably planning to give you a pedicure," Saiki stated, leaning back on the couch he was sitting on. "Did that to me too. Look at my feet."
Gaspard looked at Saiki's feet which were neatly pedicured, complete with paints.
"See..." Saiki said, flexing his toes. "This dude has nail OCD..."
"Hey, you're learning fast!" Ash said, turning to his ancestor in surprise.
"Learning what?" Gaspard asked in surprise.
"Nothing," Ash quickly said. "I meant the benefits of pedicure. Okay first thing's first. Go wash your legs with the foot scrub. It's on the shelf. Be quick. I might have to do my nails again later."
Gaspard rolled his eyes, took his coat off and rolled his pants and sleeves up before going to the bathroom to scrub his feet. Ash wasn't gonna let him off without a pedicure.